Sign in to follow this  
Creaver

Smoking

Do you smoke?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i smoke heavey when i drink and change springs

every one i know smokes ethier the tobacco or herb

Definitely a lot when it is my springs! haha

sorry I couldnt resist.

Lol, so I save money somehow… being smarterer, maybe not :lol: Cant spell for sh*t, thanks for that.

Everyone has there vices is what I was getting at… Yours is obviously pointing out peoples grammar mistakes, at least its free.. My mother in-law has the same problem <_<

Edited by Apex

a good reason to smoke, to set yourself apart from those idiots on t.v tellin you its "not cool" neither are shortland st. actors.

I would love to see the statistics on trades and smoking my guess is 1st equal mechanics; builders, roadworkers?

The money argument is a crappy one, as one could go without many everyday luxuries and accumulate much money over years. I personally think, for the money i spend, and the pleasure i get from it, smokings a bargain. It just sucks how it kills SOME people who smoke.

Edited by Bravo: language.

Edited by bravo

I'd rather be an idiot on tv than smoke

Hate it

Edited by bravo

I think smoking is good... it helps us raise much needed taxes (heavy taxation on cigarettes) and it helps get rid of people to delay the looming possibility of over population, people can do w/e makes them happy as long as they're not smoking around me :D

Good philosophy though... Smoke heaps, pay lotsa taxes, die young - gotta love the whole survival of the fittest thing....

Edited by Avenged.SSE

Notice how all the ones putting up pro smoking comments are in their teens and mid twenties?

Yes I'm a smoker. I smoke between 40 and 50 per day, I'm a heavy smoker, and I've been doing so for nearly 40 years, so I have spent a fortune.

I am suffering for it. I have emphysima and will probably need oxygen in a few years time.

Will I give up?...................... hell no!

I know of too many people who, in my situation, have given up and died within a few months.

One thing that does annoy me are the non-smokers who preach that "holier-than-thou" crap at us smokers.

eg. I was at a Warriors match the other week, and a friend and I went out from the stand before the game for a cigarette. Some young woman who was working the stand door, came over to us and told us to move on because we were too close to the non smoking area. We were about 5 metres inside the designated smoking area, doing the right thing, and still they whinge. Grrrrrrrh.

Notice how all the ones putting up pro smoking comments are in their teens and mid twenties?

Ha ha just proved you wrong.

I'm 18 and I hate smoking, never tried it and never will. I don't care what other people do with their lives except those close to me.

Not ALL teens Silver Fox

Ha ha just proved you wrong.

I wouldn't call yours a pro smoking comment Brian, more like just an admission that you do? ;)

Yes I'm a smoker. I smoke between 40 and 50 per day, I'm a heavy smoker, and I've been doing so for nearly 40 years, so I have spent a fortune.

I am suffering for it. I have emphysima and will probably need oxygen in a few years time.

Will I give up?...................... hell no!

I know of too many people who, in my situation, have given up and died within a few months.

One thing that does annoy me are the non-smokers who preach that "holier-than-thou" crap at us smokers.

eg. I was at a Warriors match the other week, and a friend and I went out from the stand before the game for a cigarette. Some young woman who was working the stand door, came over to us and told us to move on because we were too close to the non smoking area. We were about 5 metres inside the designated smoking area, doing the right thing, and still they whinge. Grrrrrrrh.

Quitting would help.

Thought i'd spark up a bit of a debate about smoking. We all know it's bad for us, yet heaps of people still do it.

Do you smoke and why/why not?

Personally, no I don't smoke and I think it's a dirty habit. What are your reasons?

Please keep it clean guys.

i think you need one more category for the voting

this would be

i smoke after endulging in recreational drugs

i think you need one more category for the voting

this would be

i smoke after endulging in recreational drugs

nah, or not

Quitting would help.

deane30, you didn't read what I posted. I said that I would not quit because I know of a lot of people in my situation who have quit the died within a few months. I would rather smoke and stay alive than quit and die within a few months.

Guest Simon*

deane30, you didn't read what I posted. I said that I would not quit because I know of a lot of people in my situation who have quit the died within a few months. I would rather smoke and stay alive than quit and die within a few months.

That's kind of tragically funny. Although it's not cool at all that you know people who have died, you have to admit it must be coincidence. So it's superstition making you "puff for life"?

That's kind of tragically funny. Although it's not cool at all that you know people who have died, you have to admit it must be coincidence. So it's superstition making you "puff for life"?

I agree, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Wouldn't continuously smoking worsen your situation?

I agree, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Wouldn't continuously smoking worsen your situation?

when long time smokers quit later in life the stress on their bodies often makes their health worsen, no idea why but its true, withdrawal symptoms or sum sh*t

1 year - 1992 Suzuki Bandit 250cc ($4380)

10 years - 1998 Porche Boxer ($43,800)

20 years - 2006 Holden Monaro ($87, 600)

40 years - 1976 Shelby Mustang GT500E ($175, 200)

I'd rather have half a cigarette than any of those cars. I smoke and it's my choice (not yours), I've quit for months but I rather like smoking. I'd like to live fast and die young rather than grow old and grouchy at them kids with blow off valves.

I'd like to live fast and die young rather than grow old and grouchy at them kids with blow off valves.

Ditto.

I smoke, have done for the past 2-3 years, I smoke about 6-10 a day, more on weekends when out and drinking.

I don't plan on having kids and passing it on to them, at this point in my life cars are still more important :rolleyes:

I'd rather have half a cigarette than any of those cars....

:mellow:

Posted Image

I'm 21 and I smoke have been since 6th form, started out socially now its up to about 5 ciggies a day. Most of my mates smoke so when were at a party the majority of them are outside having a smoke.

Smoking does seem to help with stress. A beer and a smoke go hand in hand.

I'm planning to give up, but at this stage I enjoy it so ill keep on puffing away.