Sign in to follow this  
Creaver

Smoking

Do you smoke?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Even though you have all seen me puffing away on a fag I ticked the no box. I haven't touched a ciggi for 3months now apart from having one last Thursday while having a bitch about some woman, but hey I don't class that as smoking again, just a one off medicinal measure to relieve stress. I found while smoking it was great but after giving up the smell gets to you as you notice it more, its actually quite over powering.

Guest Simon*

I don't and don't like it

But I still find - or at least it seems to me that heaps of chicks, young women whatever you want to call them smoke. Sometimes it seems like 2 thirds - pisses me off when I'm out hunting

Plus Ian you almost need that third option there of "Only when I'm drinking" - ever noticed how many people say that?!!! And how many quitters light up on the piss when they're surrounded by smokers.

I never have and never will, I'm really quite opposed to it (in fact quit a job when asked to do a large project for British American Tobacco).

However I have a few friends that smoke, I don't harass them or make judgements, they are free to do so and I'm not going to preach to them about it.

When it was banned in bars and restaurants, it was great, should have happened 10 years earlier than it did.

Cheers

Grant

But I still find - or at least it seems to me that heaps of chicks, young women whatever you want to call them smoke. Sometimes it seems like 2 thirds - pisses me off when I'm out hunting

Plus Ian you almost need that third option there of "Only when I'm drinking" - ever noticed how many people say that?!!! And how many quitters light up on the piss when they're surrounded by smokers.

That's a good point Simon. Both of them :P. I know of quite a few people who do it only when drinking. Poll amended.

Or retire with a new M3- thats a smart way to present it to kids Mr Miller.

Would look even more appealing with BMW examples :D

did you compound interest? or could that figure be much bigger?

I teach in south auckland, hope that clears up why I used those examples:P

Lol the option 'only when I drink' is like saying.. I only speed when I'm driving.

Edited by bmw3

i only smoke when drinking... sometimes

found this quite good!

Haha, good old tobacco advertising, gotta love it.

Stunts your growth, kills your babies. :P

Im a PE and Health teacher, so we cover smoking in the drugs and alcohol module. Everyone know smoking can give you cancer, gives people around you cancer, makes your teeth and fingers yellow, but there is a lot of money at stake too.

I do one activity with my students showing what they could buy is they didnt smoke a pack a day, heres what you can get in...

1 year - 1992 Suzuki Bandit 250cc ($4380)

10 years - 1998 Porche Boxer ($43,800)

20 years - 2006 Holden Monaro ($87, 600)

40 years - 1976 Shelby Mustang GT500E ($175, 200)

As you can imagine, my students would rather be retired and rolling around in Eleanor, rather than rolling around with an oxygen bottle.

whoa! $43.8k's too much for a 98 boxster! there's a 2002 one on trademe atm for $45k!

Speaking of stats, what happen to the bimmersport stats, we all took the test a while back!!

I used to smoke through 6th form at high school and then when it came around to soccer season, I just about died in a pool of my own felm it was that bad. So i gave up. Yet close to 80% of my mates still smoke now and it sucks, especially on a night out and they all go out for a cigarette and your left inside by yourself. Even now if I have just one cigarette while on the piss, it takes weeks to get over it.

Its not worth it ay

Guest SamSpargo

sh*t, I owe you for that pack of smokes :lol:

In the industry I work in, I don't really have much choice, but I will say that my generation (22-25) seems to be the last one that really did give smoking a go.

We ran a pub quiz for 120 2nd year commerce and property students, not a single one smoked.

Planning on quitting as soon as I can get back into the gym after my injury.

Its bad, but I've got too much stress at the moment to quit

Ok, here are my excuses and reasons why I smoke ad don’t give a sh*t.

I have been smoking two packs a week for twelve years and don’t care how much it costs, I save money in other places buy being smarter and just working harder, from my observations the money a non smoker saves is often spent on other small luxuries anyhow.

90% of my friends smoke, not sure if it’s a class or age thing, I live in Papakura and am 26.

I can still run a half marathon in below average time and consider myself to be well above average fitness for someone my age and have a very clean bill of health.

Call me ignorant but I don’t read too much into light to moderate smoking killing people, I have my reasons and im not going to go into it.

I will however quite the day I have kids as im a considerate smoker and wouldn’t want to subject them to the smell as when I was younger it repulsed me. I don’t smoke in my cars or in anyone house even if they do.

Ranty rant rant..

Guest Simon*

sh*t, I owe you for that pack of smokes :lol:

No worries Sam consider it a gift. Aside from the fact I probably owe you more than that in return for Sat night, I think I managed to get one of the chicks to pay for them anyway ;)

I only smoke rubber

Ace comment! love it - but don't inhale please, could be worse.

I smoke, give up every night. Its the staying 'gived up' thats not easy. One day when it is right it will happen.

Ok, here are my excuses and reasons why I smoke ad don’t give a sh*t.

I have been smoking two packs a week for twelve years and don’t care how much it costs, I save money in other places buy being smarter and just working harder, from my observations the money a non smoker saves is often spent on other small luxuries anyhow.

90% of my friends smoke, not sure if it’s a class or age thing, I live in Papakura and am 26.

I can still run a half marathon in below average time and consider myself to be well above average fitness for someone my age and have a very clean bill of health.

Call me ignorant but I don’t read too much into light to moderate smoking killing people, I have my reasons and im not going to go into it.

I will however quite the day I have kids as im a considerate smoker and wouldn’t want to subject them to the smell as when I was younger it repulsed me. I don’t smoke in my cars or in anyone house even if they do.

Ranty rant rant..

Although I don't agree with everything you said I think its good that you are a considerate smoker and don't smoke around kids or at other peoples' places. Others could learn a thing or two.

Half Marathon is 21-odd km isn't it?

Never have, never will for me. It's effectively burning money every time you light up.

Don't mind other people smoking though.

i smoke heavey when i drink and change springs

every one i know smokes ethier the tobacco or herb