Sign in to follow this  
Cale

Repo'd 535iS

This seems a good buy but what does it mean if a car has been repossesed? Could it be dodgy mechanically? ABS light is on?

Repo Cars e34 535iS

Edited by Quailboy

could it be?? looks like we've sprung Milan's concept race series car.

Edited by bmw3

Mmmmmmm been watching this, looks like Milan, Beemn, is after this for his next race carPosted Image, E34 in the open series would be interesting. :P

This seems a good buy but what does it mean if a car has been repossesed? Could it be dodgy mechanically? ABS light is on?

Repo Cars e34 535iS

They get most of their cars from accross the road at Turners and then work the percentages. Mostly in their favor. it pays to get the car befor they do as trademe has some questionable bidders.

That`s not to say it`s not a bad car. Good luck Milan.

A very similar car went through Turners Classic auction last weekend. From memory, the reserve was about $5k but bidding only hit $3k. I wonder if it is the same car?

Bit of a gamble buying with the ABS light on, but could work out OK.

A very similar car went through Turners Classic auction last weekend. From memory, the reserve was about $5k but bidding only hit $3k. I wonder if it is the same car?

Bit of a gamble buying with the ABS light on, but could work out OK.

Same car. Watch the other bidders who bid on several cars at the same time. ABS is an easy fix Edited by HELLBM

second that abs is no problem i had one of the abs boxes fail in one of my e34 535i when a buyer was test driving it , just swaped the box out . otherwise could be a sensor or abs pump . all easy to replace . have the parts too.

Sweet looking e34. not many in that colour and even less that colour and to that spec.

If the previous owner couldn't afford the repayments, maybe they couldn't afford the servicing as well - tread carefully and get an inspection done.

If the previous owner couldn't afford the repayments, maybe they couldn't afford the servicing as well - tread carefully and get an inspection done.

Its only $3000... Whats the worst that could be wrong with it?

you beat me too it.. saw this on tardme today, my 2 cents is i think its good buying at that price. looks to be in great nick interior/body work wise...and manual!

good luck beamn!

liam

same as any other car....clutch gone,gearbox gone,headgasket gone/going....that would be the value of the car at retail rates....maybe a few electrical issues as well??All of these can be checked out of course!

Had a good look at this car today and man its pretty rough. Car has had a shunt in the front, one guard is loose, bonnet is badly out of line and hinges and gas struts are poked. Other guard not aligned well with bolts missing. Bumper is not mounted properly with visible ripped plastic. Both spots missing. Paint is dull with lots of scratches. Engine bay filthy, all fluids black. Tappet cover leaking oil. Gearbox exterior is wet with oil, rear diff the same. Front rotors are poked, pads super low, rears ok. I started car and engine has a awful vibration, feels badly unbalanced, when car is revd it gets worse. Leather interior average, lots of trim damage, drivers seatbelt receiver has been replaced, off a different car, done rough as. Stereo is crap, not all speakers go. Wheels are all curbed and all have different tyres. Body is straight though, no dents. My 535is with 50k more on it is far superior condition. This car needs alot of time and dough thrown at it. My 2 cents worth reckons its a dog.

I think i paid $3700 for it

Same car. Watch the other bidders who bid on several cars at the same time. ABS is an easy fix

And the ABS light is still causing issues

And the ABS light is still causing issues

bring around to my work , have all the parts

bring around to my work , have all the parts

Mate it has issues.... Many issues!! Currently trying to sort out the Cluster and 'it's continually testing and lack of of a speedo reading...

I bought it with out a OBC (had a analog non functioning clock which i removed) and it causing issues! I had left the car for 1 year with out use and it seems to have taken it toll :) head light connectors have gone, many of the engine sensors have not been plugged and there are alot of hacked cable :S

When i first purchased it I took it to Ernest over at Bavarian Motor and spent over 4200 trying to get it right. In the end we gave up.

Mate it has issues.... Many issues!! Currently trying to sort out the Cluster and 'it's continually testing and lack of of a speedo reading...

I bought it with out a OBC (had a analog non functioning clock which i removed) and it causing issues! I had left the car for 1 year with out use and it seems to have taken it toll :) head light connectors have gone, many of the engine sensors have not been plugged and there are alot of hacked cable :S

When i first purchased it I took it to Ernest over at Bavarian Motor and spent over 4200 trying to get it right. In the end we gave up.