Sign in to follow this  
oscar90

HT's E30 project

umm raise subframe up 5mm so lower the car 5mm, if i remember what Kerry said right haha something along those lines anyway!

Mark - they were $260 to my door, will let you know when I get into it... would really like the LSD when I do them, dont wanna "double handle" it,

hey man just to add to the install once you have the old bushes out you need to drill out the locking tabs on the subframe itself so you can put the new bushes in. youl know what i mean when you get there.

I'll be keen to lend a hand too in exchange for experience :rolleyes:

Take pics. Might get the same bushes soon.

+1 Already have the bushes here ready to go, havent investigated tackling it yet though. Will probably just give the car to my mates Dads shop though, i hate mucking around with E30 suspension with a passion. Would be good to give him some resources in case he needs them :D

I'll be keen to lend a hand too in exchange for experience :rolleyes:

All good bro, will shout out when i do it, between Mark, You and Me, im sure we can figure it,

Small update

Z3 shifter arrived, Thanks jase/SIRE30!

Steering wheel arrived

Boss kit is being collected tomorrow

Bushes are awaiting install

Sway bar bushes to be purchased

in talks about some Evo 4 recaros and uni rails for a good price so they might be in soon aswell

and finally get my LSD off Andrew/APT Next week sometime while im up in Auckland, will have to arrange that...cant wait to get it back to CHCH!

and that should be it for awhile! should keep me entertained

Posted Image

now the exciting stuff, because I obviously like spending silly amounts of money on my E30

I am currently saving/researching for the M50 turbo build. Aiming for 200ish KW at the wheels. just want good usuable power, 99% sure about it going ahead at this stage.

It'll get ARP head studs, slightly thicker head gasket steel/MLS or whatever, crank scraper, the usual maintainence, waterpump plugs themorstat etc etc

New tougher clutch and flywheel

Sort starter out, swap bits over or such? (using factory E30 325i box since I have it)

then will get it mounted and wired so I can get an idea of space sort manifold/manifolds

During all that I will select turbo, aquire oil lines and fittings, boost control, safc, and all solve everything else that doesnt work out, wanna keep powersteer at this stage so E36 rack swap?, and other stuff like connecting heater, only just thought of that while typing so theres something else to find out! any answers on that one? haha

Then Tune, cert and lots of fun with minimal breakages hopefully :rolleyes:

Early days yet haha! sounds too easy for a novice like me so expecting many head scratching moments probably take me a good year or more!

So after all my trouble over bushes I get my trailing arm bushes after all, someone cocked up, the bushes will be here tomorrow. yay!

put the solid bush in the diff, brought a new front lip off another local member, and just today burnt out the subframe bushes for the new ones

Hopefully be able to test the LSD in the weekend

Got a bitta rust killing to do also to keep me busy

all the while still researching M50 stuff, plan is to do head gasket, studs etc and swap it in N/A and have it running(keeping stock compression or as close as with the headgasket) and will see how it goes, then save save save and turbro it later so i do it properly and dont cut corners...spread the cost over time also :)

Posted Image

The money shot of the day

Posted Image

Still gotta do short shifter, havent looked into it...is it hard? haha