Sign in to follow this  
oscar90

HT's E30 project

its been good watching your progress mate! Im interested to see the process of compliance as thats what I need to do after my big list, I just need to bleed the brakes as I v been told they look @ the brakes closely!!

congrats on the work done so far!

so after doing all the maintaince work (belts etc) i decided to get rid of my huge F*CKING oil leak!! thanks to mike a.k.a "323e30" for the new sump and sump guard!

Sent it into DCH motorsport as it was easier/quicker...progress finally :D , havn't figured out why it's all up the duff on idle and below 3000RPM ish...timing marks look fine to me so will send that in when i have some more money. got to get a new intake elbow as mines cracked...suprise suprise! and afew hoses look like they're past it...not sure that will help though, they also told me my radiator looks like a 318 job...it's doing the job for now until its complied etc though <_< .

Had a look at the bronze Avanti wheels they sell at DCH, afew of the e30 series guys run them i think, so a set of them will be on the list now (about $165 a wheel, $660 a set from memory if anyones interested)

so got my new wheels, Avanti Sa11's from memory(got pics), more progress, going to get tyres in the next few days, got a good deal on Bridgestone RE001's so will get them on the car and get some pics!

post-1001-1239859950_thumb.jpg

post-1001-1239859961_thumb.jpg

Sweet! Those wheels will look minta! Shadowline the chrome too when you're done, will make the wheels stand out even more.

Sweet! Those wheels will look minta! Shadowline the chrome too when you're done, will make the wheels stand out even more.

Cheers,

whats shadowlining? too lazy to google atm

Painting the chrome trim around the windows black (and if you want, the bumpers too). My car is p/fl like yours and has been shadowlined at some point in its life.

oooooooooooh!, I dunno, I have grown to like the wee chrome accents here and there... hmmm will think about it,

I did tape over the chrome with black electrical tape...didn't mind how it looked at all, can always get things Re-chromed at the end of the day! haha least of my worries at the moment, should be worrying about compliance <_<:rolleyes:

yeah compliance is the biggest mission ever, im just gonna skip the whole thing by swapping my 325i into a 320i shell :P not compliance to worry about for me

sorta wish i'd done that to begin with! i wanted to but the old man had a wah about it, but realisticly i dont have the space or skills haha

Those Advanti's have awesome stance on an E30 (never thought I'd ever say that) and they work very well with 205 rubber :D

Big space for brakes too B)

Edited by JiB

If your intake boot is cracked and leaking that'll be the cause of your hunting idle. Good old vacuum leak.

Replace that and you may fix the problem entirely.

yeah im getting round to replacing the intake boot haha it annoys me when i look at it now!

yeah i think the wheels will look sweet, im gonna be running Bridgestone adrenalin re001 205/55 15's, so hopefully its sticks to the road when i want it to, going in on monday to get them, can only test them round the block though so won't know how good/not so good they are 'til its complied :D

got the wheels on tonight, crappy pics but they'll do, looks much better in person and will look even better when its lowered abit!

EDIT: HUGE pics removed

Edited by HT.

haha i'm working on it thats for sure! new shocks, new springs, new bushes, should be sweet as, 45mm drop from the king spring superlows, if i don't like them i will spit on them :ph34r: but they'll do as im getting impatient and want to drive it...then notice all the panel and paint it needs :(:rolleyes::D

Looking awesome man, keep it up.

I have that toolkit if you want it...pm me if you do.

got my new shocks and springs today, and new tool kit thanks to Forrest/Nathan... got my bimmersport sticker for the back screen...I swear its on a angle :( it'll do for awhile,

Just needs new bushes and other bits and peices like ball joints?? iThink,

Will post pics in the next few weeks when i've got it all, and hopefully installed,

one step closer...just hoping it's not below 100mm from the ground for compliance or I believe i'll need a "funking" cert if its too low which is why I steered away from coilovers in the end...was another cost I couldnt be funked with, really should look into all this shiz before I buy things!

...kybs and superlows, anyone else had this set up?? hows it sit legal requirement wise?

Removed huge pics

Edited by HT.

New rear shocks and springs(neglected bushes for the mean time), new diff oil, brakes bleed and it was time to drive the E30 again

OMG i can see the fuss over E30...i NEED to get this finished and road legal, no matter how much it pisses me off haha

Settled with "Superlows" in the front and "Lows" in the back, came out good in my eyes

Edit Removed HUGE pics

Edited by HT.

Guest FrantiC

Did you need shortened front shocks ? How high is the car ?

Just curious they are like exactly what I need. jamex superlows are way too low for me..

haven't measured the car as of yet, umm they're just captive at the moment, thicker than factory spring pads would sort it easy though i'd imagine aye bro!, Gavin from EuroItalian can sort those as i looked into it, also theres some on trademe too