Sign in to follow this  
Kaz

e30 Wide Body Kits?

Hi,

I have seen quite a few of these wide body kits if you can call them (the panels above the front and back wheels in the picture below) that and I love the look of them.

Just a couple quick questions,

Are they only for the 2 door models? (havent seen any 4 doors with them)

Anyone know where they are avaliable from?

And how expensive are they?

Thanks alot for any help.

post-3734-1225490745_thumb.jpg

Well, that is an E30 M3... so they come factory like that. Considering how rare / expensive those cars are I would assume getting your hands on those panels will be a mission to say the least not to mention $$$!

Yeah I know that one is an m3... I was just using it as an example. Do they only come on m3's though? I cant get someone to make the panels?

Yeah I know that one is an m3... I was just using it as an example. Do they only come on m3's though? I cant get someone to make the panels?

Yes, only E30 M3's have these guards.

I have never seen any aftermarket versions of these guards for sale before. I could be wrong thou. Maybe some international site has somthing like this?

I doubt very much they could be made.

If ya have enough money ya can do anything.

Some Swede built a 4 door didn't he??

There are a few aftermarket kits which replicate the wide body E30 M3 look, there was a M325i on TradeMe a few weeks back that had one, link may still be in the TradeMe discussions section.

Many years back there was a project car in a UK car mag that fitted one of these kits to build a M3 replica. I bought the mag for the article but biffed it out a few years back and can't remember the name of the kit manufacturer.

Trouble is most of the kits are fibreglass and unless done really, really well they just don't look right. Cutting and removing the exisiting panels from underneath and properly covering the inside of the arches is also a big job and needs to be done well to get a good finish and look to the car.

Oh, and you will need some real good, fat rims to fill those arches.

Good luck with finding one!

My suggestion, save what would probably be only a few more $$s and get the real deal M3, it will be more than worth it in the end.

Unless its on an m3, I think they just dont look right. I have yet to see one that looks really good on a non m3. Tech the car out, cheaper, and will look better on the car than a replica m3 kit ever would!

Ok thanks for all the help. I wasn't meaning actually getting them for my car, I was just getting a bit of info about them.

How much could I expect to pick up a full mtech kit for?