Sign in to follow this  
deane30

Australian Top Gear

Has anyone seen the new Australian Top Gear?

I watched the first episode on youtube and thought it was pretty average, but obviously it was never going to be as good as the origional. I was suprised at how similar they tried to make it to the UK one and the presenters (especially the one with the moustache) really annoyed me.

Apparantly there is going to be a US version aswell.

I see that the English Top Gear team are due to tour NZ with a stage show in the new year.

I am curious to see how they can do the show on stage though. The Stig doing fast laps around the auditorium, Richard Hammond crashing a jet powered dragster into the front row of the audience, May trying to do a 3 point turn in his Roller on the stage and Jeremy Clarkson introducing Jeanette Fitzsimmons (sp) "A star in a reasonably priced car" putting some petrol guzzler through it's paces.

Edited by briancol

rofl. I have a friend going to aussie to watch the show later in the year. I'll report back what she thinks.

Pretty crap compared to the UK one in every aspect. Ive watched all the episodes upto date and dont think ill bother anymore.

Yeah i hate that dude with the moustache too, reminds me of a rat

Yeah also watched a few of them. But they are just not interesting or funny. Will not bother anymore.

I like it.... Cars + Sidways = win in my books.

new episode info for top gear uk . my dad was in vietnam and saw the guys doing another run .

"Recognise the guys in the pixs . They are over here making a program getting from HCM city to Hanoi. You will see it next year"

post-279-1225848084_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Next year !!!! Saw it last night mate ;)

Well perhaps not the episode from Vietnam but that 'run' was in the teaser from episode 1 of the new season that I watched last night.

After watching a few more episodes of the Australian TG I 'm enjoying it quite a bit more. You just have to stop comparing it to the UK one.

I still can't stand the moustache guy though.

Guest SamSpargo

new episode info for top gear uk . my dad was in vietnam and saw the guys doing another run .

"Recognise the guys in the pixs . They are over here making a program getting from HCM city to Hanoi. You will see it next year"

Sure it wasn't Clarkson doing a Gary Glitter?

Just watch the new episode of Top Gear UK Season 12 and you will realise how much better it is. How can you not compair it when the Aussie show is just a copy.

Why on earth did the Aussies hire a cartoonist though?

Maybe it will get better in a year or so.