Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simon*

New Old pictures of 540iS

I problem a lone voice here, but I think the current set up of the car looks better. I do like Style 5's, but think they date the car a lot. The wheels on it now make it look a few years younger.

Guest Simon*

sh*t! Lucky I didn't start a poll!

So yeah yeah everyone - I love Style 5's too

Looking nice Simon, as already mentioned, love the wheels haha.

Question regarding your rim sizes and lowering. So you have 10" rears and how big are your fronts? Is your car lowered? If so what springs?

I now have 9.5" rears and 8.5" fronts and am worried about clearance when turning etc when I finally get around to buying new springs etc.

Cheers.

My mistake Ian I have the same staggered setup - 9.5" rear and 8.5" fronts with these wheels Beyern Type 5

The car is dropped (unsure how much) on H&R's with Bilsteins and has uprated swaybars. There is just a touch of guardroll on the rear too I believe. Have never had any issues with rubbing at all. Mind you with the masses of negative camber on the rear is doesn't look like the top of the back wheels could rub anyway!

Are these e34 540is's are more rare in nz roads or RHD e34 M5s more rare?

No. On NZ roads there are fewer RHD M5's. We reckon there are perhaps a dozen 540i/6's but they were one of the most limited production runs internationally. There were only about 250 RHD E34 540's with 6 speed manual manufactured.

BBS'ed as bro

Heaps BBS'ed ;)

Guest Simon*

I problem a lone voice here, but I think the current set up of the car looks better. I do like Style 5's, but think they date the car a lot. The wheels on it now make it look a few years younger.

I know what you mean. I didn't like these wheels at first but they do look more modern and pretty aggressive IMO. Plus there's acres of dish :)

You've never had anything that has been 10" Simon.

Car looks great. Get Turbine II's that's a real wheel.

Creaver, as long as you don't go beyond the 25mm drop that the M5 suspension had, you won't have a problem with clearance. Actually, they had 9" rear and 8" front, so on 2nd thoughts. WTF do I know.

My mistake Ian I have the same staggered setup - 9.5" rear and 8.5" fronts with these wheels Beyern Type 5

The car is dropped (unsure how much) on H&R's with Bilsteins and has uprated swaybars. There is just a touch of guardroll on the rear too I believe. Have never had any issues with rubbing at all. Mind you with the masses of negative camber on the rear is doesn't look like the top of the back wheels could rub anyway!

Yea, I would be getting H&R's with bilsteins, money permitting. Don't mean to hijack thread so will PM you :).

Cain - is that 25mm drop from the standard height?

A few years younger and it would be a E39 :unsure: .. Love the BBS on the classic shaped E34.

Looks like the old owners were handy with the polish and wax, I like!

Yeah I remember the guy who bought the car and put those wheels on, went on a cruise with him once ... bit of a noob unfortunitly.

Save up some coin and get some Image wheels :D .. will give you the look you really want :D

Guest Simon*

Yeah I remember the guy who bought the car and put those wheels on, went on a cruise with him once ... bit of a noob unfortunitly.

Save up some coin and get some Image wheels :D .. will give you the look you really want :D

Image? They will?

Image are badass. And priced to match. Cracks me up that such a good wheel brand has such a sh*t name, and even shitter logo.

Simon - search for image wheels and look at their cast designs (billet will run you too much I suspect).

Hey Simon - I'm liking your new sig & PS I prefer the look of ur car now.Agree with the comment that the 5s age it (cool as they are)

pps sold the blue 540- hopefully a new member.

ppps when the f**k we going for a beer????????????

pppps u going to manfield?

Guest Simon*

Hey Simon - I'm liking your new sig & PS I prefer the look of ur car now.Agree with the comment that the 5s age it (cool as they are)

pps sold the blue 540- hopefully a new member.

ppps when the f**k we going for a beer????????????

pppps u going to manfield?

Hey Mark!

Cheers mate and well done on selling the blue

Good idea re the beer - sorry have been a touch busy, but keen as mustard

Manfield .... have been thinking about it actually. Would be quite keen to make a push across. Might stick some stuff up in the HB forum and see who else is interested

Guest Simon*

Image do these in up to 18" and the three piece in up to 20" Yeah boy!!!

Posted Image

Check out the gold centres too you 4 stud weenies ;)

Posted Image

Edited by Simon*

Everyone likes your new signature Simon......can i say i don't(no offence intended).....that shot stretches the frontal area & further widens the enlarged kidney with it's large V style. :(

Edited by mr E34

Guest Simon*

Everyone likes your new signature Simon......can i say i don't(no offence intended).....that shot stretches the frontal area & further widens the enlarged kidney with it's large V style. :(

You don't like my big nostrils Boris??? ;)

Haha no offence taken

I did have the choice of this one

Posted Image

or this

Posted Image

Better you reckon?

Simon I was up in Napier in the weekend and saw this parked up on Marine Parade on Friday afternoon, F**k it looks so hot, was fizzing for ages, looking mean man. I wouldnt change it

its a funny(in a strange technical way) colour Simon.It can look black,charcoal,blue and even (gasp) purple

Edited by kiwi535

Guest Simon*

Yeah it's quite funny actually - people that have been in it swear it's blue or black when I talk about my purple car.

Guest Simon*

Belated update. Just a quick few pics that I'd taken in last month or two. Clear lights in, and waxed, polished not so long ago

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image