Silver Fox

New Benchmark For Value

2 on the BMW Club website...

links?

How much they wanting?

www.bmwclub.co.nz

marketplace

$15k and $16.5k.

this may include the original work to put the m5 bits in the original 525....dont know what happened to the original m5 body.it may be revealed in the thread we had when it was last for sale

Believe the $35K. The donor was a genuine left hook M5 that they couldn't register. Ernst and Robbie worked for months putting this car together and it is a credit to them.

Believe the $35K. The donor was a genuine left hook M5 that they couldn't register. Ernst and Robbie worked for months putting this car together and it is a credit to them.

I am not doubting it Bruce.....so the recipient car was a nice 525 with a blown motor or something?

I reckon Martyn's on the phone already? :P

mmmmm, maybe. add on my weapon of choice and yeah, i'll be keen.

800hp's and have the reverse mount gear knob

loving that white leather,so '80s

growing my mullet already :lol:

Guest Simon*

That interior is sooooo cool!!!

White leather FTW

I have that interior :ph34r: It's grey

And no this is not the Green one which featured in the other thread.

Bloody nice job has been done here though

I have that interior :ph34r: It's grey

And no this is not the Green one which featured in the other thread.

Bloody nice job has been done here though

why do you say that simon?He does mention that it has been repainted and re trimmed...

Guest Simon*

why do you say that simon?He does mention that it has been repainted and re trimmed...

Different interior, facelift grill.

Repainted I can understand to tidy up, but recoloured from green to black? Would be unlikely surely

I don't have any inside knowledge, just don't think it's the same car

Watched it from start to finish, no expense spared ( easy 35k) .A well detailed replica that drives beautifully.Good buying at that price range.

Great car but I`d take the E34 6spd 540 any day over the M5.

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=14920

memememememememmmmemeeeee is this the thread/car?

That's the one. You earn a fish.

PM me address.

BTW have spoken to vendor. Not the green one, and if you are going to buy an m5 that has been converted to RHD then this one may as well be it. Havn't seen the car but sounds tidy.

Great car but I`d take the E34 6spd 540 any day over the M5.

Why's that?

Edited by bravo

Guest Simon*

BTW have spoken to vendor. Not the green one, and if you are going to buy an m5 that has been converted to RHD then this one may as well be it. Havn't seen the car but sounds tidy.

I agree it seems really tidy and would be great buying for someone who wants a "newish" E34 M5

Why's that?

Because the 5-Naughty eats them ;)

IIRC the 3.6 M5 had pretty much same 0-100 time as the 540i 6 spd. Id take a 6spd V8 over a 3.6L M5, be alot cheaper to run & service then spend the money you saved on suspension and power mods.

That's the one. You earn a fish.

PM me address.

Why's that?

not required mate....you can buy me a beer if we ever get to meet.The 540 is a six speed and tourquey as...3.6 M5 is only a 5 spd and prolly requires more driver input..I bet the s 38 sounds cool at 6000 rpm tho...

I am not doubting it Bruce.....so the recipient car was a nice 525 with a blown motor or something?

Hi Paul. I believe the doner car was was a dark blue 530i that was a runner. The owner just gave both cars to Bavarian to do the conversion.

Just drove this tonight.....wasnt impressed with the car at all, exterior is ok, was originally grey and repainted black, average job, drivers door needs alignment, bonnet didnt close properly, body pretty good really. Interior is average, dash has screw holes from something previously mounted, gearknob is a joke, leather is ok, far from new. Trip computer stuffed and not in properly in. Once driving i was suprised at performance, ive got a e34 535is with a piggyback computer that does away with the airflow meter and my car does not have the pull of this thing top end but down low mine is way smoother and pulls stronger, mine handles better and this thing rattles and squeeks. Once i stopped it stunk of burnt oil. Would way rather have a 540is. Its rego says 525i. Dissapointed, thought it might be worthy of a change but alas, im still gonna have to wait for a 540is to come my way,