Sign in to follow this  
3 SERIES

Minter 86 M535i

about 7.2sec to 100km/h . and there are more than that brought into nz in 86 , i think he might mean M5 specs.

nice car though .

Well, reserve is $12,000....

Seems a fair price no?

Hmmmm. I get myself in trouble talking about Trademe prices. I always seem to offend someone.

There was a white one for sale in Tauranga for about 3 months, with the price progressively lowered until (I assume) it sold for less than $8k. I want to say $7500 was the lowest asking price. It appeared to be similarly unmolested, but, of course, I have no idea of its condition other than the photos.

No-one wants to buy strat1's red very slightly molested one for $8k either (the wheels are hardly molesting - the metric size ones they came with would be a pain in the arse).

Edited by CamB

In today's market, my estimate would be closer to 7 than 8, and nowhere near 12?

Mine's an auto, and I would expect around 4, if anyone's interested?Posted Image

Trouble with bidding up to find the reserve, is that the seller then thinks he's in the right area with his price. :D

Edited by Silver Fox

Just playing devil's advocate here but Strat's isn't in the same league as the black one. For a start it's done twice the K's, doesn't have the kit, and isn't NZ new.

I guess with these cars pricing is determined by how much someone wants one. I can't afford to pay 12 grand for the car so I'll wait it out until the price comes down a bit before I seriously consider it.

so this is a "std" 535 manual not a genuine M535 which did actually have more HP ???

According to Wikipedia, both cars had the M30B34, with the M535i putting out 160kw as opposed to 136kw on the standard 535i

In today's market, my estimate would be closer to 7 than 8, and nowhere near 12?

Im with David. Ive been watching m535's for some time now and they rarely sell for anything more than 7k no matter how good they look.

Mine's an auto, and I would expect around 4, if anyone's interested?Posted Image

Always interested if you want to buy a touring ;)

Trouble with bidding up to find the reserve, is that the seller then thinks he's in the right area with his price. :D

Dont people know these days that one person bidding small amounts but stopping once they get within 15% is just someone phishing for the reserve?

Just playing devil's advocate here but Strat's isn't in the same league as the black one. For a start it's done twice the K's, doesn't have the kit, and isn't NZ new.

I agree actually. I didn't look at it that closely.

Either way the white one from Tauranga is a good measure.

Only someone phishing for the reserve, bet they don't bid again. ;)

He doesn't know a lot about the cars, my M535i is genuine, and automatic. :o

That car is tits. I'd punt $12k for it what are the chances of finding a better one.

It looks like a genuine Motorsport M535i to me.

I'm buying a Lotto ticket tomorrow....

post-332-1232773827_thumb.jpg

its very very nice and completely original

saw your q's to him , just buy it man , you wont regret it . B)

+1 buy it Paul looks sweet

There's one parked around the corner from our place, been there for weeks now since i spotted it and prob at least that before I saw it! has an abandoned(or such like) sticker that's faded due to weather stuck on windshield and 400 bucks of tickets (2x$200) under wiper blade, poss more now. M badged, tech kit including side skirts, fairly nice bm alloys (spoked ones from memory), lowered, and just sitting there rusting and collecting spider webs!!! It's an '86 535A, couldnt read spedo propa but is in miles from memory... Got a bit paranoid loitering around it! :ph34r: - 'case the wardens thought it was mine! haha.

Was tempted to leave a note sayn i'd buy it off them as is where is for the tickets! :lol: Guessn owner mustn't want it anymore so could be just happy to see the back of it....

Will get some pics on w'end if it's still sitting there.

Btw tastic, spotted your car around the corner form it the week you left... hope oz trip is goin well.

on topic, that 535 advertised looks great.

Edited by BLACK DORIS

She's met reserve. Looks good as sold!

Edited by 3 SERIES