Sign in to follow this  
zenetti

boy racers gone too far?

Probably not. The types that instigated this particular law rehash would have no interest in doing what they do in a controlled environment. Its the lack of control, the drinking, the unsafeness, and illegality that is the attraction more so than the act of doing a burnout. Although I support the creation of such places (as I would possibly use them myself), I do not think it would fix the problem.

Jail time might. Imagine if your mate got six months for doing a burnout? You wouldn't even consider it. Obviously this would be for second or third time offenders as the penalty would to some extent outweigh the crime otherwise.

The problem I have is the more these idiots act like idiots, the harder the laws get, and therefore the more restrictive it is to do anything legally. Most of the time it is the law abiding citizen who must be inconvenienced or attract costs to ensure they follow the laws put in place to stop those that are flaunting them anyway.

So far noone in government has made any suggestions that would specifically target the problem without bringing in a bunch of collateral casualties in the form of car enthusiasts who are doing their best to enjoy their cars they way they want (usually fast, sleek, loud and expensive) whilst staying within the law.

Why are the police not rounding all of the people at these illegal drags and arresting as many as they can for disorderly offences, alcohol-related offences, public nuisance and so on.

A powerful law with dire consequences has little effect if there is a low chance of being charged with it.

One more thing - I hate how in nz there seems to be this idea that to maintain control, we must continually place additional restrictions on citizens - why not just punish those that break the existing restrictions harder? All the new laws will do is create more work for an over-worked police force. How about we take peoplse licenses off them quicker and lock them up if they continue to offend. Fuller jails, but less offending and less offenders = less work for the police.

This is everything I should have said but couldn't be bothered to type.

Probably not. The types that instigated this particular law rehash would have no interest in doing what they do in a controlled environment. Its the lack of control, the drinking, the unsafeness, and illegality that is the attraction more so than the act of doing a burnout. Although I support the creation of such places (as I would possibly use them myself), I do not think it would fix the problem.

Jail time might. Imagine if your mate got six months for doing a burnout? You wouldn't even consider it. Obviously this would be for second or third time offenders as the penalty would to some extent outweigh the crime otherwise.

The problem I have is the more these idiots act like idiots, the harder the laws get, and therefore the more restrictive it is to do anything legally. Most of the time it is the law abiding citizen who must be inconvenienced or attract costs to ensure they follow the laws put in place to stop those that are flaunting them anyway.

So far noone in government has made any suggestions that would specifically target the problem without bringing in a bunch of collateral casualties in the form of car enthusiasts who are doing their best to enjoy their cars they way they want (usually fast, sleek, loud and expensive) whilst staying within the law.

Why are the police not rounding all of the people at these illegal drags and arresting as many as they can for disorderly offences, alcohol-related offences, public nuisance and so on.

A powerful law with dire consequences has little effect if there is a low chance of being charged with it

One more thing - I hate how in nz there seems to be this idea that to maintain control, we must continually place additional restrictions on citizens - why not just punish those that break the existing restrictions harder? All the new laws will do is create more work for an over-worked police force. How about we take peoplse licenses off them quicker and lock them up if they continue to offend. Fuller jails, but less offending and less offenders = less work for the police.

+1 x 100%

A lot of public reaction on radio today asking why is it that we get this massive outpouring of government & police politicking when 1 cop gets threatened when this BS has been escalating for years.

Like most things I'm sure its only a small(ish) % that are total f**kwits.

Stomp hard on the little turds-the police already have laws to do it but I doubt they have the manpower.

Edited by 1rotty

Dunno if anyone is retarded like me and watches the breakfast show, but Paul Henry had an interesting opinion this morning.

He said he is sick of the way cops act.

The police are there to protect people in the community and ensure our safety and security. They have failed to do so by not getting serious with the problem until now.

This problem has been going on for a very long time now and hundreds if not thousands of people have been negatively affected by these boy racer fags.

Not much has been done by the police and they have not taken it seriously enough, until now. And what was the tipping point? It wasn't a regular citizen being killed by two people racing. It wasn't people being intimidated and threatened and being scared to go outside.

The thing that changed the cops' attitude to the issue was one of their own getting directly affected.

I dunno if i completely agree, but i think he has a point. Why has it taken this long and why does it take just one police officer to be affected before something gets done?

Little OT here,

Where does people in Christchurch gather on Friday/Saturday night anyway?

Heading up to CHCH friday 13th might go and check out how bad it gets, might take some photo's of some turd doing stupid sh*t.. lol..

What every district needs.. http://www.kaiparacarshow.co.nz/index.htm

Would be great to some of you guys front up to show them how it`s done. Boxing ring is there for the really enthusiastic.

Works a treat for the dargaville area ,with police support.

Maybe the powers that be could find a solution with the success of events like this, instead of these kneejerk reactions...

Lets see some Beemers there..

Guest Spottswoode

Ah the wisdom of teenage girls - so worldly ;)

I'm a big fan of the widsom area on teenage girls

^^^ That's the pad I mentioned in an earlier post. I go to the Dargaville burnouts every year. It's awesome. Have schemes for a bmw burnout machine for maybe next year. Will have to be good to match the current talent though!

its cheap, out of the way form residential homes, but fairly close to town, you can buy or bring beer (although you're not supposed to but they don't police it), they have a bikini comp every year that is soo Northland its not funny. Think drunk girls, with one very drunk one that just staggers on the stage and rips her top off, so all the others feel obliged to copy to stay in the running. usually ends up with at least one entirely nude. A little bit trashy for my tastes, but a bloody good laugh in any case. (Check out the Comps>Bikini link on the site ray posted to see what I mean - NWS)

And surprisingly, there is very little carnage afterward. The cops sit near the end of the road keeping an eye and breath testing people. I got pulled over twice between the end of the road and my mates place 3 blocks away, but both times they just checked WOF Reg License and breath tested and sent me on my way.

Well organised event.

Edited by bravo

Little OT here,

Where does people in Christchurch gather on Friday/Saturday night anyway?

Heading up to CHCH friday 13th might go and check out how bad it gets, might take some photo's of some turd doing stupid sh*t.. lol..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Made this for ya, I've been to the 'diesels' (on the roads in the 2nd pic) and 'the 4 aves' (1st pic, must travel in the direction of the arrows!!>!!11!.1!.1.1>!>1.1!!1) on my motorbike, entertaining yes, very dangerous too, but thats why the people love it.

The square in the 2nd pic is where the cop car got destroyed.

Ban nissians, all problems solved.

Edited by Incary

Woo, thanks for that, very detailed haha. What time do they usually gather.

I'll either be in the highlander or dads 745i (hes away for 3 weeks so i get the car for 3weeks)

Can be quite late, 10pm through to 2-3. Just stand with your camera at any intersection in the first pic and you'll get the shots :D:D

Phantom Expander's boy racer vendetta exhausts community

A self-titled "Phantom Expander" has begun a personal vendetta against large car exhausts in Blenheim by filling them with expanding foam.

Police have received four complaints of "foamings", but the four victims managed to clear the foam before it set, Constable Michelle Stagg said.

A police officer was one of those targeted, she said.

"Police do not like to see people taking matters into their own hands and it can lead to them being arrested themselves."

The Phantom Expander wrote an anonymous letter to the Marlborough Express saying he was targeting boy-racer-style car exhausts.

"I have taken it upon myself to respond to the socially maladjusted Blenheim pinheads that have chosen to have a wide-mouthed, boy-racer exhaust installed on their car."

Dispensary optician Anna Gellatly was one of the Phantom's early victims.

Her car was foamed while she was working in the town centre.

She said she was not a boy racer and had bought the 1992 Honda Civic two months ago because it was cheap.

Advertisement

Advertisement

"That person doesn't even know who I am or how I drive as I don't drive like a boy racer, and it's not one of those cars," she told the Marlborough Express.

"This is nothing but straight-out vandalism."

Miss Gellatly managed to pull out the foam before it set.

In the letter, the Phantom said the "public service" would continue until the "inadequate knobheads get the message".

"It may not happen tomorrow, next week, or next month, but it will happen. Enjoy!"

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article....jectid=10555035

Edited by SKT174

Thats sounds abit like the Phantom Gluer we had in Parnell years ago....went round superglueing peoples door locks...he picked on all the expensive cars as well. They caught him though

Can't say id have any sympathy if your got your big bore exhaust filled, but must know he going to caught if he keeps doing it.

It annoys me how they are labelled "Boy Racers".

Hello? Girl's race too.

Not me though. Waste of petrol.

Oh! Got something funny to say. Today I was at a mates, and the power man came over to disconnect their power (don't ask). Anyways the power man looks at my car and say's "Nice car, I hope you don't do skids in it".

Pfft. Like i'd do that.

P.s Anyone is classified as an "oldie" to a person who is younger than them.

P.p.s I don't think street racing will ever die down. It'll always be an issue.

Unless in like 100 years the Earth only has smart cars that only go slow or are programmed to only do the speed limit (which I think is a fab idea).

Edited by lady525

lol looking at the route incary posted the drags in chch are way longer than auckland. everyone normally just goes down to neilson st or great south road

Edited by Tha Cosa Nostra

Pretty keen to show them how it's done in the spit roast section.

Possibly the comment of the year thus far!

Auckland drags???

Those died out years ago when the gravel pit turned into a carpark :(