Sign in to follow this  
SIR E30

WTB: E30 Short Shifter

Hey guys, Im looking at getting a short shifter for my car. Does anyone have one for sale or know a good place to get one? Also, how hard are they to install? (Mattzy im calling on you for this one :P )

Thanks, Jason

i have one of those little add on bits for the bottom of your gear lever $30

or just buy a e36 328i gear lever or similer.

post-279-1233627689_thumb.png

Just bought one from Elte Performance in Chch, looks to be a pretty good item (have not yet fitted) was around $90 plus freigth, included the washers and bits and pieces

i have one of those little add on bits for the bottom of your gear lever $30

or just buy a e36 328i gear lever or similer.

Where have u gt that quote for the z3 1.9 shifter?

Ok im sorted, Im gona try and get a z3 1.9 shifter. Does ANYONE have one in the country? Everywhere in hamilton has to get it from germany.. Otherwise I will be clicking the buy now on a trademe one. I even think I will try and install it myself, with help from mattzy :D

Thanks guys

Ok im sorted, Im gona try and get a z3 1.9 shifter. Does ANYONE have one in the country? Everywhere in hamilton has to get it from germany.. Otherwise I will be clicking the buy now on a trademe one. I even think I will try and install it myself, with help from mattzy :D

Thanks guys

I have one, $2000 and comes with free car, bilstein shocks, urethane bushings, springs

Guest FrantiC

Thanks guys

Take it from me, The 1 week wait for one from Germany is 100000000000000000000000000x better than a piece of crap trademe one. Garbage is all I can say.

Guest FrantiC

The trademe one doesn't even fit properly. It is way too short. The "straight" stick makes it hard to change gears as it doesn't match the shift rod etc, tilts wrong kinda thing and gear changes are really stiff.

The z3 one and others have the bent stick which is like the e30 one but shorter throw. Perfect fit and nice shorter throw.

i brought mine from Bm warehouse in hamilton . got a 328i 325i one i think for my e34 . just about right one i think.

just wait the week .

or try marty(bm weapon) i think he wants to change his again

Thanks guys

Cn u update me if you get any info? Im keen for one too

I'll get prices for you today and check availability... could do a bulk order and get better discount for you as well. I have a Z3 1.9 in the shop at the moment. I put one in the E30 I sold to Matt. was about $120 from memory.

I'll update later this morning....BTW..I've also been told that some of the aftermarket ones dont last, or you have trouble fitting them.

Ok so I wont get a trademe one then, Ill have a Z3 1.9. If you have one at the moment Glenn Ill take it, if not I will order from Germany through BM Warehouse.

OT for a sec. Bit of a noob question but just making sure before I do anything.

Will the z3 1.9 shifter fit e36 as well. I'm assuming so.

OT for a sec. Bit of a noob question but just making sure before I do anything.

Will the z3 1.9 shifter fit e36 as well. I'm assuming so.

Yes

Ok so I wont get a trademe one then, Ill have a Z3 1.9. If you have one at the moment Glenn Ill take it, if not I will order from Germany through BM Warehouse.

I can do a deal if I buy 4...they are available here in NZ BMW distribution store

$110 incl Gst + postage...

I can do a deal if I buy 4...they are available here in NZ BMW distribution store

$110 incl Gst + postage...

Does that come with the shifter bushing that the "ball" part fits into? If not I will pick one up at lunch time. Ill take one of the shifters though.

I've ordered 4, to get the discount I've put them on a stock order....will have them next week

No they dont come with the ball bush...If you cant get one, let me know and I'll order that as well

Edited by *Glenn*

I've ordered 4, to get the discount I've put them on a stock order....will have them next week

No they dont come with the ball bush...If you cant get one, let me know and I'll order that as well

Thanks Glenn, Ill update you after lunch on what I need. your a legend

worth buying guys, cool little mod. might as well replace some of the shifter bushings as well