Sign in to follow this  
jjs

Carjam update

Has anyone checked out the new and improved CarJam?

One of the new features is an automated vehicle guide by Turners. Got a but of a shock when I saw mine (97 328i coupe, 130kms - $4.5k!) but it is probably realistic.

Your thoughts?

Edited by Crockett

Seems realistic enough. Quoted 4500-7600 for my 325ise. Atm it's estimation is based on 2 sales, so i presume that as more are sold the price indication will become more accurate.

And don't forget it can't take into account general condition, mods, etc. For instance, mine has tech II kit and has been converted to manual - carjam doesn't know this, and this makes mine worth more than your average 325i auto.

Cool feature though, and to be honest it wasn;t far off the mark I didn't think anyway.

The quote for my car sounded way too low, I checked on the Turners site to see what they'd compared it with, completely different model with 3 x the k's, it has a way to go before I'd trust that.

Guest Simon*

Turners Auctions price indication

Not available for the vehicle.

Oh well - I'd probably take no notice anyway :)

Sh*t! I'm happy with my valuation!

It probably thinks your car is an E46 (due to the year).

It probably thinks your car is an E46 (due to the year).

Yea, unfortunately.

Can't get a decent valuation compared to other cars for mine. Always thinks its a E46.

Dam, think mines too old, said that the turners thing was unavailable for my vehicle. haha.

Didn't see anything else on carjam page indicating where you can source valuation?

Not available for the vehicle.

Seems they have not been selling any 87 318i's. Makes sense though, they are pretty awesome cars I can't think why anyone would ever want to sell one, especially considering they have the awesomely torquey M10.

awesomely torquey M10.

Don't forget the +10 amazing points for the slushbox :P

Same result for me too :( No 325i for sale ?

Yea seems almost half the price of a few vehicles I looked up. In terms of bimmers, it really just looks at the model, having sports option/ manual probaly all most doubles the value, espicially on e30's/ e36's. Then again with the economy and all- 'buyers market' you probaly would expect your average car to decrease in value by a 3rd, giving values similar to what this new feature spits out.