Sign in to follow this  
lbirgel

TM: Supercharged m20 b2.5 engine

If anyone is interested itd b definitely worth a look, the guy selling it knows his sh*t and it has been done properly. A very tidy setup indeed. He asked me if I wanted to buy it earlier today, I would love to but finances allow only so many mods at once!!!

anybody at bs running something similar in their car at mo? How quik is quik! Would you have it in a daily...?

apologies in adv for n00b questions. Supercharger just has a certain ring to it.:ph34r:

edit - just been through some old site threads re turbo/superchargin.

Edited by BLACK DORIS

Very cool, 179hp at the wheels is nothing to sneeze at ! Id need more boost though :)

Edited by Riley

S/C + bigger pulley, Low compression 2.7, Race Cam, Extractors, and a MAP-ECU.. that would go like an absolute steam train, would be an utter torque monster down low and open right up above 5,000RPM!! Wish I could turn off the responsible side of my brain (the missus) sometimes.

Edited by Apex

S/C + bigger pulley, Low compression 2.7, Race Cam, Extractors, and a MAP-ECU.. that would go like an absolute steam train, would be an utter torque monster down low and open right up above 5,000RPM!! Wish I could turn off the responsible side of my brain (the missus) sometimes.

DO IT!!! would be the fastest touring in the country!! (to my knowledge)

169 at the flywheel standard maybe? Would equate to alot less than that at the wheels, sorry Im no expert but thats probably the explanation. 179 at the wheels would be what 190 - 200 at the fly

go get it.

that would have to be the tidies FI setup i've seen,bar mine,ofcourse :P

Doesnt a standard 325 have 169hp? It doest make much sence to me to spend $2000 for a 10hp increce

Lol, I'd be surprised if any M20B25's make any more than 160hp on an engine dyno, let alone 171hp (factory figure).

Besides, I'm willing to wager the torque figure would be substantial.

MAP conversion, ECU, headers, exhaust would be thousands and there wouldn't be as much torque? Ad is unclear whether the power figure is at the wheels or theoretical crank figure?

I don't think there are any cheap ways to gain power on an M20.

i don't think it's that powerful...would rather an m20 stroker for that money to be honest.. it would be more expensive, but better

i don't think it's that powerful...would rather an m20 stroker for that money to be honest.. it would be more expensive, but better

You really are a N/A man Gus, oh how the tides have turned

You really are a N/A man Gus, oh how the tides have turned

haha, ever since actually owning a turbo car, i changed my mind....n/a is best

although i am toying with the idea of keeping it.

or buying an e36 m3 and pulling it apart..who knows!

Power is nothing if it all comes late in the show, the M20 series lack low down torque but open up quite nicely above 4,000RPM so in my opinion a Supercharger is the perfect match as they produce liner power from low RPM and tap off up high.. I would bet a Supercharged 2.5 would be much more flexible than a 2.7.

Combine both and you’d have the ultimate M20.

Stopped by Mosin today, looks like Bravo has brought this.

Sure most people could\have figured it out from the trademe auction

Guess so. Will make Grahams E30 best 4 door around imo :)

Edited by ED1RTY

Was actually considering buying it tomorrow so just as well ^_^, buy a E24 instead. 295nm peak torque on the graph iirc.

Secrets out. Can't do anything on the quiet around here!