Sign in to follow this  
entscheidend

For Sale BMW E39 540i individual

Due to a new born the saloon is out and the touring is on its way in.

This 540i is a 02/1999 model and has the M62TU motor.

* Glass sunroof

* Electric Comfort/Heated seats

* Auto dimming mirrors

* Multi Function steering wheel with Cruise

* Factory Xenon headlights

* Ski hole / fold down seats

* AC Schnitzer 18" wheels (staggered)

* New tyres all round

* Privacy Glass

* Factory Alarm / Tilt

* Power everything

* Factory Garage / Gate opener

* DSC / EDC

What I have done:

* New radiator

* New Water pump / thermostat

* New Fuel Pump / fuel filter

* New MAF sensor

* New O2 sensors (all 4)

* New Camshaft sensors

* New Crank sensor

* Intake gaskets, Valve gaskets, Oil sump gasket

* New Fuel injectors

* AC unit

* AC serviced

* INspection 2 March 2008

* Power steering hoses replaced

This car is perfect, no oil leaks and drives with no stalls, slumps like most others. The leather is perfect with no scratches inside.

Fuel Economy: City 11.5 - 16L / 100km depending on your driving. Highway 8.2L/100km

Make me an offer (dont be scared to offer something stupid) All the repairs are done on this, its an amazing car.

Phone or text 02104666688 - Adrian

post-1554-1233854679_thumb.jpg

post-1554-1233854711_thumb.jpg

post-1554-1233854730_thumb.jpg

post-1554-1233854743_thumb.jpg

post-1554-1233854750_thumb.jpg

post-1554-1233861206_thumb.jpg

post-1554-1233861215_thumb.jpg

Edited by entscheidend

Wow! Well presented - a credit to you. Good luck.

what do you all think this is worth? (realistically)

The lowest on Trademe I found is $8995 (1996) with other 1999 models (Jappers with TV, no service history etc) up to a silly $20,000.

OK ... This is a small world ...

I bought this car in UK when it had 70k miles on the clock. I had sold my e34 and wanted a e39 540. At the time, Jap BMWs weren't available and the NZ ones had pathetic specs. I hunted on Autotrader prior to a 3 week business trip and had a shortlist of nice e39s to look at. In 1 week, I travelled around UK interviewing cars until I came across this one. It was the nicest combo interior I could find and not a mark or accident in it. The guy I bought it off in Wales, had had it since it had 20k on the clock. He was 6ft tall, "black" (with respect intended) and was an office designer who loved BMWs as well as being a member of the UK sprint team in the 74 Commonwealth Games.

I drove to Germany and it just sits so well on the Autobarns and was faultless. It had full log books ex UK and when I had it for 3 years here, it was serviced by BMW Chc with everything done as required. I sold it to a mate in Akl who has since sold it (to you obviously).

If you are in the market, this is a fantastic car. The car is a head turner with looks and I can confirm it is worth buying. It just glides on the road and "purrsss". I don't know Adrian so this is not a setup. It was just I saw the title and thought there can't be that many individual 540s in NZ. The colour combo is superb while the wheels / Spoiler came with the car ex BMW UK.

Goodluck with the sale !!!

OK ... This is a small world ...

I bought this car in UK when it had 70k miles on the clock. I had sold my e34 and wanted a e39 540. At the time, Jap BMWs weren't available and the NZ ones had pathetic specs. I hunted on Autotrader prior to a 3 week business trip and had a shortlist of nice e39s to look at. In 1 week, I travelled around UK interviewing cars until I came across this one. It was the nicest combo interior I could find and not a mark or accident in it. The guy I bought it off in Wales, had had it since it had 20k on the clock. He was 6ft tall, "black" (with respect intended) and was an office designer who loved BMWs as well as being a member of the UK sprint team in the 74 Commonwealth Games.

I drove to Germany and it just sits so well on the Autobarns and was faultless. It had full log books ex UK and when I had it for 3 years here, it was serviced by BMW Chc with everything done as required. I sold it to a mate in Akl who has since sold it (to you obviously).

If you are in the market, this is a fantastic car. The car is a head turner with looks and I can confirm it is worth buying. It just glides on the road and "purrsss". I don't know Adrian so this is not a setup. It was just I saw the title and thought there can't be that many individual 540s in NZ. The colour combo is superb while the wheels / Spoiler came with the car ex BMW UK.

Goodluck with the sale !!!

It is a nice car to drive and I dont want to sell it, you can do 180km/hour with no shaking or shimmering - she glides nicely. Being fussy myself I have spent time bringing her back to a new condition (reconditioned the leather, instrument cluster pixels, gaskets, sensors etc). The car does turn heads around Auckland with the wheels and the plate. If it wasnt for a new baby arriving I would be keeping this fantastic car!

Edited by bravo

Guest Simon*

Beautiful car.

Out of curiosity, first child? Or one of many? Why does everyone immediately go out and buy a wagon at the first whiff of pregnancy? ;)

I have 2 kids and have managed just fine with successive E34's and a VT Commode prior to that - all sedans.

I can fill the boot to the brim and there's ample room for my boys in the back seat. I even performed emergency nappy changes on the boot floor when necessity arose (perfect change table :) ).

Partly I didn't want to sacrifice "my" car just because I became a dad. A touring has the same number of seats and only the extra benefit of being able to stack things higher in the rear. If people need more seats I can understand why a sedan won't do, but then neither would a touring surely? ;)

Not knocking your sale, and like I said the car looks awesome - it must pain you to have to part with it. Just genuinely curious.

Two kids are easy but three is a nightmare.

The issue that I found with sedans was that the rear seats are really only suited for two individuals in them. The center 'seat' is often raised from the back of the seat making it difficult to fit more than two kids seats in. The touring seats are very much flatter, certainly in an e39 anyway.

You put a 'smaller' child in one of the seat sides and they just disappear into it meaning they have to be in a car seat.

Rear folding seats in a sedan are much flatter and more suited but you dont see many about. Plenty of people I spoke to asking if the rear seats folded done didnt even know it was an option.

Also the seat belts buckle in the middle and its incredibly difficult to reach over a seat and plug them in.

At the moment my 8 year old doesnt need a car seat but we have a booster for the 5 year old and a forward facing seat for the 16 month old and thats a squeeze in the touring but impossible in a sedan.

Also have you ever tried to get a mountain buggy in the boot of a sedan, those things are huge and its not easy whereas I just pop the boot of the touring and pull it out with no hassle at all.

Guest Simon*

Mountain buggy - check! ;) Why do people always buy the biggest ones though, they can be absurd!

Fair call about the folding seats, I suppose that does make the touring rear seat more of a flat bench.

I can get 2 kids and an adult in the rear of the E34 with belts on. Not ideal I'll admit but it doesn't happen often.

Mountain buggy - check! ;) Why do people always buy the biggest ones though, they can be absurd!

Have you ever tried pushing one of the small ones with the tiny wheels over the streets of New Zealand ? Honestly there is very little choice in NZ, we spent weeks trying to find something that would work for us and in the end the mountain buggy was the only one that doensnt fall apart at the first bump

Sorry Adrian, didnt mean to turn your thread into a discussion about push chairs :(

oh ok .. :P maybe I could take a little less than $15/16k

Like $14,000?

PM sent

None received. Just texted you

Listed on Trademe:

I have found a X5 I would like to purchase, If the 540i does sell on Trademe in the next couple of weeks I will take offers around the $14/15k mark.

I dont have space for 4 cars hence the reason this beautiful car has to go :-(

Trademe Link:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=203089252