Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

It rains driving habits go down hill.

Was out driving between the shore to glenn's botany motor works and up to rays today .. and OMG. on about 5 different occasions nearly got rear ended by people just not concerntrating on what they were doing and locking it up behind me.

Worst one was coming down the bridge. A fairly new mini pulled onto the median strip and put it hazards on, next thing everyone around me was obviously watching it. two car in front of me lock up as traffic was slowing and end up in other lanes narrowly missing other vehicles the lady behind me do the same and ended up in the parralel lane. and the car behind her also.

Takapuna, traffic suddenly comes to a stop, person behind me not watching, locks it up and again I hit the accelerator to avoid being rear ended. This time only missed me by inches.

If I hadn't of been leaving my usual 4 cars in front gap and accelrated to stop the persons behind me hitting me. I would of been writing a 'hybrid is no more' thread.

a combination of drivers with bad tires, useless drivers and wet weather = fun times driving the AK today :/

/rant

Bet the panelbeaters are smiling after today. :lol:

I just heard them say on the radio that the rain caused a huge pile up somewhere today.

I had to laugh, the rain didnt cause anything, its the stupid NZ drivers thinking they can still drive up each others ar$es that caused it !

And all the f***wits who decide that since they can see more than 100metres they shouldn't have their lights on.... never mind that no-one can see them!

I just heard them say on the radio that the rain caused a huge pile up somewhere today.

That was on the harbour bridge south bound just before Shelly Beach Road off ramp.

Some classic driving yesterday that’s for sure. I hate it when people forget to use their headlights.

Oh and hybrid, I spotted you cornering in the wet last weekend :ph34r:

Yea it was shocking in Wellington too.

When it's dry, everyone drives like a maniac.

When it's wet, everyone drives like they do when it's dry.

At least a majority of the drivers use their lights though; but in saying that, quite a few people had their fullbeams on for no apparent reason other than to blind or dazzle other drivers.

I took the girlfriend's Pulsar to work because I didn't want anything to happen to the BMW :)

I almost rear ended somebody on the way home from work last night. Pulled out in a 100KPH zone, I had to apply the brakes to avoid rearending them. They must have noticed that I was really close and put there brakes on too! I mean WTF is up with that. I hate people who when they are being tailgated put there brakes on to warn the person behind them to back off. It doesn't help anybody. But to do it in the rain after you just pulled in front of somebody, who is still on the brakes to slow down anyway was just unbelievable. I don't understand what happens to people driving in the rain.

I sat in a massive jam heading towards Ak CBD yesterday. took me 90 mins plus to get from Otahuhu to Queen St. Heard a screech and a Toyota barrelling onto my ass. He stopped in time thank god but his eyes were as wide as saucers. Had a yellow L in the corner.

If he had done it properly... I would be car shopping today.

Also the people( old grannies etc) who drive slow, yet go even slower in the wet. Ie 30kph in 50kph zones.

Yesterday I left Tauranga at 1.30pm and headed home to Grey Lynn (Auckland City fringe), and hit the heavy motorway traffic at Manukau City at 3.30pm. So 2 hours from Tga to Auck! Sounds fair!

Arrived home at exactly 5.30pm, so Manukau to Grey Lynn took 2 hours ... same as Tauranga to Manukau!! That's what happens when it rains in Auckland ... no bugger (except Bimmersport members) knows how to drive.

PLEASE NOTE : Non-Auckland members, you can all stop laughing now!

Mmm Auck traffic really sucks. But that's where an auto trans shines. Ill be working 7am - 3.30pm starting monday so no excuse not to manual the red bitch now

best thing is people following me round corners on wet days round my house, there is this one off camber corner that people always loose it on, cant beet decent suspension and tires :)

Oh and hybrid, I spotted you cornering in the wet last weekend :ph34r:

hehe where was that and I hope I wasn't tailing it ? Think the last time I swung the ass in the e46 was the bimmersport meet :D

I try to avoid peak hr traffic if it rains hard. I agree with you, people just forget how to drive... Good to hear that your car is safe with all the near misses. :)

Coming back from albany after taking my imac into magnum mac to get a new power supply for it, in mothers peugeot 306, had some prick nearly hit us when he decided he should merge at 70kmph in almost standstill traffic..., saw a holden v8 ute smash an holden barina (which was pretty funny, no one was hurt, but the barina looked worse for wear...).

People in Auckland just need to drive to the conditions, cant really say I'm one to talk though, but yeah I try to avoid the motorway full stop if its raining now, too dangerous I'd rather just wait at a mates lol.

hehe where was that and I hope I wasn't tailing it ? Think the last time I swung the ass in the e46 was the bimmersport meet :D

Spotted you in Takapuna, sweeping left from Lake road onto Esmonde road.. no sideways action she was griping quite nicely considering it was wet… made me very jealous as I was in the missus bland mobile.

Had to laugh at the driving in the wet post though after seeing your spirited approach to that corner.

Yeh i always used to see him on lake road, do you live down there hybrid ?