Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Warning !

If anyone is produced an invoice that has meant to have come from my Company and it doesnt look like this....It's not one of ours Even if it looks like this and is being used as a point of sale document.... ring me first To discuss its validity. Some a**hole out there has done something today which really pisses me off :(

AND ITS FRAUD

If I find out who it is I'll persue it to the max through legal channels

Edited by *Glenn*

Itl be whoever Qube sold his car to. Not hard to track down.

If ownership hasn't been changed over yet. Pay a few bucks on Carjam

Guest Simon*

AND ITS FRAUD

If I find out who it is I'll persue it to the max through legal channels

Get the dirty f******

Perhaps Glenn you should upload that PDF as a low quality Jpeg instead... you know just in case there are more unscrupulous idiots out there who will try and use that template to commit fraud on other unsuspecting BMW purchasers

Guest Spottswoode

whoa! Sorry to hear that Glenn, call auckland investigations also, good descreet people

Get a lawyer asap and track those f$#kers down! That is outright fraud.

Edit: Wasnt the previous owner a member on this forum? I take it its not going to be very hard to track them down?

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index.php?showuser=3185

Edited by 3 SERIES

Funny..it says replace timing belts ?? on a 330Ci...I think not.... Checked the car...doesnt appear to have been touched at all....its all bullshit.... and...98 hrs labour ??? you have to be joking

Edited by *Glenn*

Glenn, remove the attachment from your post, so that no-one can use it. Here is a SAMPLE of what an original invoice should look like.

post-489-1235349521_thumb.jpg

Again, thanking Glenn for his advice and support. The original thread is here:

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=20845

Thanks....will do

That faked invoice is laugable!

At the time I didn't question it as it had a VERY REPUTABLE workshop name on the letterhead. I have never had an invoice from Botany Motor Worx Ltd before so I didn't know what an original would look like.

So the "Luke Howden of Taupo" written on the "invoice" a fake name I assume? What a bastard, I hope he gets what's coming to him.

So the "Luke Howden of Taupo" written on the "invoice" a fake name I assume? What a bastard, I hope he gets what's coming to him.

We dont know 018 Telecom directy said they have no listing for such a person in Taupo. There is no such business in Taupo listed as Jade Auto Services Ltd. We tried ringing the phone numbers that worked yesterday (regarding the seller), I worked and we got hung up on...the other no longer works... suspiscious ???

.... Maybe I shoud have tried Shadee Auto Services Ltd ??

Edit: The forgery also mentions Valvoline 15w40...we use ELF products....always have

2nd Edit: The invoice is for labour only...no mention of parts. Just Labour, Dyno charges and $70 petrol + Gst ????

Edited by *Glenn*

We dont know 018 Telecom directy said they have no listing for such a person in Taupo. There is no such business in Taupo listed as Jade Auto Services Ltd. We tried ringing the phone numbers that worked yesterday (regarding the seller), I worked and we got hung up on...the other no longer works... suspiscious ???

To be honest he's just dissapeared now. Seemed so helpful and willing to meet "more than halfway" to convenience me yesterday, but now just gone.

I could try notify the Police, take him through court etc. etc. but really at the end of the day it's caveat emtpor and I know it. I can't take back my old car now not knowing what he has done to it over the last 24 hours.

There is also the other half which I have to contend with. I don't know if I should tell her what I have found out today, as she was the one telling me not to swap and to think it through etc. knowing that I had a thorough attachment to my old car.

I think I'm just going to ignore the fact that I have been "ripped" and continue trying to enjoy my new car and really turn it into a mint example. If the engine dies, it dies. I will have it built better than before. I love the shape and the looks of this car, to me it looks like a 20k car, not a 5k car with 10k poured into it -that's the difference between my old car and new.

If one positive can come from this situation, please be aware of FAKE invoices being produced, I would hate to put this upon someone or even hear of someone going through the same situation I am.

Edited by OSiRiS

Outwardly the car seems fine and you havent experienced any problems... we'll do a service and give you a list of what needs and what might need to done. Keep the chin up and enjoy driving. Hopefully all is well and you'll continue to enjoy the vehicle... BMW's Rule :D

Whoa thats hard luck. I've experienced a similar but not quite the same situation in the past and ended up having to pay a repo to get my car back. Too right about 98hrs of labour whoa :huh:

Can the police do anything about the numbers or the phone company? The ones that worked yesterday anyway...

I fully feel your pain mate, first E30 I ever bought (being a total n00b) the guy had made heaps of JC reciepts and different sparkys recipets with the reciept books you buy from Whitcouls.

Hope you find the c**t

I fully feel your pain mate, first E30 I ever bought (being a total n00b) the guy had made heaps of JC reciepts and different sparkys recipets with the reciept books you buy from Whitcouls.

Hope you find the c**t

So this is actually pretty common? Gotta be extra careful when buying a car now...

Good luck Glenn.

So this is actually pretty common? Gotta be extra careful when buying a car now...

Good luck Glenn.

For sure! Happens more than you think especially in this day and age.... sadly theres to many dishonest people out there and more should I say greedy people out there..

Small Claims Court for the amount of $8XXX??? Or whatever the max that court can handle (might only be $7500 from memory).

Might be worth a try.

small claims is a waste of time. ive taken some one there before and so has my old man. we have both wone our cases but to actually get the money off the person is near impossible. expecialy if they dont want to be found and they have nothing in their name or companies name.

i hope you get him tho!! and gets whats comming to him