Sign in to follow this  
tibbs.james

Hulme Supercar @ Massey Uni Today

Hey Guys

I am Staying at massy uni over the weekend to see my girlfriend, as we were walking around we noticed a display on the "Hulme Supercar" desgined in part with massy university.

As i was explaing to my girlfriend about "inbord pushrod rocker arm suspension" when the guy turned around noticed i had a classic car magazine in my had and asked me if i would like to go have some tickets to this weekends race meeting !

here isthe you tube link of the car i think its a pretty amzing piece of kit seein it in person.

check out the youtube link >

mods freel free to embed this video as i don't know how.

I can't get photo's of the race meeting, but i will let you know how it goes

Opps please move this topic if i have it in the wrong section- sorry !

Enjoy your weekends guys !

Bravo - done. Just put the youtube link between [ video]YOUTUBE LINK GOES HERE tags. (just remove the space in the first tag).

Edited by bravo

Well i did some carbon fibre work on this thing in 2006 and i'm STILL waiting for the thing to do anything significant (sp?) under it's own power.

Edited by bellicose

Cool, well the car displayed today was a " no roof " version but it looked a complete running car from how it was parked up however we didn't see the engine compartment.

Spotted this on the road a couple of weeks back… I was starting to doubt whether or not my eyes were fooling me but this morning I saw this will be on Close Up tonight with Mark Sainsbury riding shot gun, might have been them that I spotted!

It’s one awesome BMW powered, kiwi built machine.

Sorry for the dig up, some of you may be interested, imagine if you missed it while watching Shortland Street instead!

edit. Spelling

Edited by Apex

Bruce woods was my lecturer for a couple of papers at uni.

I saw the 1st hulme prototype when it was being built, had all the 2002 M5 running gear on a tubular chromoly chassis. It has come a wee way since then but it should have been in production about 3 years ago. I think there are 2 working prototypes now being used for wind tunnel testing and safety testing etc. I still love the design and the idea but the bmw V8 engine is a bit dated now.

What really annoyed me is that they built a roadster prototype (no roof) and put a horrible american pushrod v8 in it! I actually think that both versions have the pushrod V8 now.

It's a shame that they never got the investment they needed to carry out testing in europe and set up production much earlier, I can't really see it happening anymore but we will see....

They dropped the BMW engine a while back apparently. They now run a much more powerful Chevrolet 7.0ltr V8.

Its cool, but some one in Europe has pretty much the same design car working and it even appered on topgear.

It got slammed because of its lack of handling and build qaulity however.

At the time of watching it I thought it was the hulme car.

If I am being completely honest, I really think the Aussies have the better formula and design when it comes to the 'supercar' build - they are more than likely to sell a few more than the Hulme. This is not to say that Jock shouldn't be commended on what has done with this thing - I've met him in person and have seen first hand all his enthusiasm for the project - I just don't think the overall package is there really.

The Aussie Joss Supercar:

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.worldcarfans.com/109070120221/j...ng-launch-debut

Although little is known about the car, it will feature a V8 engine with at least 500 horsepower (373kW). This will enable the lightweight Joss to rocket from 0-100 km/h in just 2.98 seconds before hitting a top speed in excess of 340 km/h (211 mph).

With 10 orders already on the books, the company appears to have a bright future ahead of itself.

Its cool, but some one in Europe has pretty much the same design car working and it even appered on topgear.

It got slammed because of its lack of handling and build qaulity however.

At the time of watching it I thought it was the hulme car.

yeah i remember that

yeah i remember that

I remember that as well, think it was either white or silver. Was made in germany with M5 running gear but cost 'bout 400,000 pounds, the team were not impressed lol.