Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

6er

I've seen all the hype this car is causing over on Bimmerforums. Certainly looks incredible with the gold RS's. And that's how you setup a car's suspension to look low without being dangerous to drive! :)

What a car!! soooo nice

And that's how you setup a car's suspension to look low without being dangerous to drive! :)

What exactly do you mean?

What exactly do you mean?

There is another recent thread featuring a very low car that Hybrid commented on. I was just mentioning that there are ways to have a car sit really low without compromising suspension travel and safe handling.

One good looking 6 series!

Reminds me of a M6 turbo (alpina replica) that some guy built in Aus I think.

Saw it in some car magazine the other day it was simply amazing.

Reminds me of a M6 turbo (alpina replica) that some guy built in Aus I think.

Yeah its in the Dec 08 issue of Fast Fours, Such a sick car.. 414hp or something.

It's a 628CSI with a full Alpina kit, and a turbo'd M30B35.

There is another recent thread featuring a very low car that Hybrid commented on. I was just mentioning that there are ways to have a car sit really low without compromising suspension travel and safe handling.

Ahhhh i see. Just didnt quite understand what you meant :P

Guest Spottswoode

Those 16" centres on a 17" barrel look so much hotter than a 17" centre on a 17" barrel.

Those 16" centres on a 17" barrel look so much hotter than a 17" centre on a 17" barrel.

Only if the barrel is angled. ie - mega low offset. The high offset flat barrels look a bit naff when there's not enough centre imho.

Check out the 635csi in my Rainbow Car Show thread. ACS rims, nice ride height, cool kit, hot.

Guest Spottswoode

Well those are 17x8.5" ET13 RS198 fronts and 17x10.5" ET35 RS198 rears using a RS178 rear section (to give them a 10.5" width instead of the usual 8.5") with a 25mm spacer for an overall offset of ET10.

These use a 12.25" centre section.

Compare them with either RS197's or 212's (step lip 9.5" wide, and bowl lip 8.5" wide respectively, both with an offset of ET13, both of which use a 13" centre section.

The overall result is that the lips look waaay bigger on the smaller centred rim, which in my opinion, is much win. I've got a set of 212's and I wish they were 197's.

Pics to explain it all what I mean:

left to right: 198 / 197 / 212

post-3-1235875714_thumb.jpg

post-3-1235875794_thumb.jpg

post-3-1235875900_thumb.jpg

These cars STILL cut the mustard. Timeless!!

Hahahahah ah if only I had the money for a 635csi <3, apart from the e32 its probably my favorite BMW.