Sign in to follow this  
325GRANT

BATHURST

Infront of a 60" TV, with a couple of boxes of VB.

VB is quite possibly the worst beer in existance. It is so bad it is undrinkable.

VB is quite possibly the worst beer in existance. It is so bad it is undrinkable.

So true, and the Aussies love it :puke:

9 hours sitting infront of the TV for me, and the catch the last half hour of Top Gear :mosh:

Will be even better if Murphy repeats last year, that was awesome.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

:drugs:

:puke:

I'll being feeling like sh*t lying on the couch, our school ball is on the saturday

Racing! :bounce:

Motocross Taupo (unfortunatly I'm in the same class as Ben Townley current World #1 if he turns up as rumoured)

Edited by MattA

Got that wrong :huh: Taupo not this w/end.. so maybe watch and sink a few :beer:

52'' plasma TV + some coca cola .. lol ... not a big fan of drinking except some tequila.

In H-TOWN :mosh:

rocking with grandma for her 70th, while watching TV and drinking cheery :thumb:

Edited by bumpstop325

Who are you wanting to win?

I am going for my old favourite - Castrol/ Perkins Motorsport VY Commordore with Paul Dumbrell/Tony Longhurst/Steven Richards/ Jim Richards at the wheel.

Jim Richards is a legend.

Apart from that I suppose I will be cheering for Murph.

Cheers

i got $10 on Tander and McConville.

Just a stab, but it will pay me $220!

not in front of the TV, V8 supercars are gay!

DTM German Touring Car Masters is where its at

I say that every year but ill probably end up watching some of it

A great well constructed educated arguement here.

What's gay about it? The Aussie V8 Supercar racing is some of the best closest tin top racing in the world, with Bathurst being the pinnacle of this.

Not too much gay about that :)

Yeah nothing gay about an old-school 600 hp V8 with no driver aids (f**k, what does that make our cars then?). The DTM cars in comparison, well... :lol:

I reckon it will be a Kmart, SBR and Castrol Perkins top 3, but not too sure on the order. Then again, HRT, Garry Rodgers Motorsport and Ozemail Falcon could pack a suprise. Skaife is desperate.

A great well constructed educated arguement here.

What's gay about it? The Aussie V8 Supercar racing is some of the best closest tin top racing in the world, with Bathurst being the pinnacle of this.

Not too much gay about that :)

600hp out of old technology, cars that only get up to 300km on conrod straight. I would love it if they brought back the same competition that ruled bathurst in the 80s eg skylines, jaguars etc

people argue that its action racing, lots of crashes etc, well only because of the violent understeer in damn heavy cars :P

im sick of the steriotipical people that are involved with V8 supercars "ugh.. ford, holden is so better" that say anything else other than australian cars is sh*t eg hating japanese/euro etc

I get lots of these examples at my work (road contracting) one guy was telling me how he could beat anything in his clubsport, later telling me the only car that could beat him was a GTR skyline, and that didnt seem to matter to him because according to him the GTR skyline just has a holden straight six in it anyway, with 2 turbos on it :blink:

but in the end, everyone to their own

Edited by bmwsparkle

im sick of the steriotipical people that are involved with V8 supercars "ugh.. ford, holden is so better" that say anything else other than australian cars is sh*t eg hating japanese/euro etc

I get lots of these examples at my work (road contracting) one guy was telling me how he could beat anything in his clubsport, later telling me the only car that could beat him was a GTR skyline, and that didnt seem to matter to him because according to him the GTR skyline just has a holden straight six in it anyway, with 2 turbos on it :blink:

kind of like people that hate hondas aye...

anyways, looks like i will have to watch, might c if dan is around and might pop some pills and nos and c how the day pans out...

and that didnt seem to matter to him because according to him the GTR skyline just has a holden straight six in it anyway, with 2 turbos on it :blink:

you should have just reminded him that it was Nissan who saved Holden by building the RB series engines for them.... (and not the other way round...) So in effect they are Holdens (VLs) powered by Nissan... :banghead:

Anyway, I dont agree that the V8 supercars are gay, I just dont think that they are my cup of tea... Televise the drifting, now theres a sport! Last week the dodgiest looking cefiro there was primer grey with a black dust coat... Look under the bonnet and HELLO!!! R32 RB26DETT sitting in there... DAMN!! B)

Anyway, Im getting off topic, I wont be watching it from start to finish - i just get bored watching cars going round the track doing the same thing... IMHO after about lap 20 its all the same... its like watching test cricket when they play defensively (you know - deflect the ball etc) or golf on TV - Ive seen more excitement at a retirement home... I might have a look at some stage during the day, if time allows it.

Guest Andrew

at least the V8s can be watched regularly - how often do you see DTM on TV (which is dominated by the same English dude driving a Merc all the time)

Last I heard the weight of a V8 supercar was around 1400 kg including driver etc... OMG is that lighter than an e36? The V8 supercars have virtually no similarities to the road cars so I don't know why people would compare them in that regard.

Personally I like watching the V8s and also the Carrera Cup Racing. My fave would have to be motorbike racing - those dudes are crazy. F1 is .. meh.. now.

Go Murph!

Last I heard the weight of a V8 supercar was around 1400 kg including driver etc... OMG is that lighter than an e36? The V8 supercars have virtually no similarities to the road cars so I don't know why people would compare them in that regard.

yeah that would be about right - apart from a roll cage and a drivers seat there is no interior or anything.... and as for E36s - they understeer hard when you got crap tyres on the front!

The V8s that I love to watch would have to be the Brutes... those utes are the sh*t - they get it sideays and they ram each other if they get off the right line etc - I love seeing them coming up to a corner side by side and having a pushing battle to try and get back on the right line!!!

i just get bored watching cars going round the track doing the same thing

You think the V8 series is boring... how about the American Indi series where they have an OVAL track, big banked corners just going around & around & around & around... (seriously how much fun can that be?)

But damn they pull the crowds for some reason.

post-18-1097275203.jpg

The V8s that I love to watch would have to be the Brutes... those utes are the sh*t - they get it sideays and they ram each other if they get off the right line etc - I love seeing them coming up to a corner side by side and having a pushing battle to try and get back on the right line!!!

Yeah the V8 Brutes are awesome. Also most of the drivers are just rich guys who can't drive too well, so the results are always funny.

Good entertainment.

Cheers

anyways, looks like i will have to watch, might c if dan is around and might pop some pills and nos and c how the day pans out...

sounds like a plan