Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Best 2002 pics ever

And the engine bay at the moment ... crappy cellphone pic.

post-1721-1236537443_thumb.jpg

If only Delmonts had the round lights....

It won't be for quite awhile (have an e30 project to finish, and an expensive house renovation to pay for/recover from).

Definately pipedream material at this stage.

But I'm thinking loud colour, small wheels, huge dish, flares, side-draught dellortos and an air of ferral-ness.

Guest Simon*

But I'm thinking loud colour, small wheels, huge dish, flares, side-draught dellortos and an air of ferral-ness.

I know you've already started down the other track but why not throw a supercharged M20 in that bad boy too - I know someone who's got one :ph34r:

Oh my god. I am in love.

What year are those two first ones? in the very first post.

Edited by Vitaliy

First photo is a square tail light (post '73) with turbo flares and front air dam. The square tail light ones have square brake lights and all black plastic grilles. The first orange pic has the earlier front with two-tone aluminium side grilles. The pic in the post above has round rear lights but has either had the front grilles painted or somehow converted to plastic ones (still trying to figure out if this is possible for mine, because my alloy ones are nasty).

Second photo is probably square light, with a whole lot of body kit and a quad headlight conversion.

While I am typing. The Turbo was made towards the end of the life of the 2002, and had a non-intercooled 2 litre M10 with Kugelfisher mechanical fuel injection (like on the 2002tii), but modified to work with boost. Official stat is 170hp vs 130hp. Regular 2002 is 100hp. 2002ti (twin sidedrafts) was 120hp.

The Turbo has the arches, a front spoiler/air dam in place of the bumper, a rubber rear spoiler and the side stickers. Some had the front sticker. See Jib's first post of the white one. Turbo's are collectible and about $50k for a good one, so you can build something cheaper/better.

There was also a 1502 and 1602 - 1.5 litre and 1.6 litre respectively - and they were older again.

The American ones got really ugly bumpers, but we/Europe didn't. Most of the cars pictures so far have some sort of kit (usually turbo flares and air dam).

And finally, one of my favourite 2002 projects:

http://www.2002turbo.com/

That is all. Apologies for the repeated info.

Oh ok, one more. Favourite Swedish 2002:

http://forum.savarturbo.se/viewtopic.php?t...highlight=peter

Biiiiiig Holset, big cam, low compression, E28 M5 rear axle to cope with ~500hp. Mint.

Edited by CamB

Its tempting alright, especially at that price. Wonder if he'd swap for a 1990 sw20 MR2??? Doesn't hurt to ask.

Edited by bravo

He's a member on here, goes by the same name I think?

That's right. Thought it looked familiar. Started the bike thread.

If you're into 2002's you're welcome to come and look at mine.

M10 with 302° Cam, E30 318 inlet, Link ECU, 5 speed Type 9 gearbox, E30 rear end

post-235-1236899344_thumb.jpg

Perfect :wub:

Pretty damn close!

Hi guys, a pleasant surprise to see the car here! I've been at a conference since Friday last week, and haven't been following the forum. I'm planning to get a WOF today and get the rego up to date for the new owner. It's on exemption, so it should be a minor formality.

The car won't be winning a concours event any time soon, but it's tidy, presentable and mechanically sound. Excessive, unecessary use of full throttle results in big grins . . . . this thing is a barrel of fun. We're going to miss it *sigh*.

I had a guy keen to buy the car last weekend, and he wanted to check the car out on a hoist. I arranged for him to come down and meet my tame garage guy in Pukekohe. He was impressed with the condition of the floor and chassis (he had been worried about rust), and having driven it already he decided to buy it then and there by offering me cash. He expected me to pull the auction, and got quite irritated when i refused. Others had already viewed the car and expressed genune interest, and I felt it wasn't fair on anyone else following the auction. He hasn't placed a bid yet, and may well have "his nose out of joint" with me!

It's already met reserve at a price I'm comfortable with, so it's nice to know it's already sold. If anyone wants to see the car, it'll be in Pukekohe today.

Guest Simon*

I think it's admirable that you've carried on with the auction process. Surely he could understand that since the car has already hit reserve it's effectively "sold" already and he just needs to outbid.

That is a shame in that respect if he doesn't follow through, I think you've done the most honest thing - I know many TM sellers wouldn't think twice.

On another note, this looks like such a cool little car! I'm sure you will miss it. Hope it goes to an appreciative new owner. :)

He probably knew he would be getting a steal at that price and was just pissed off he didn't bag his bargain.

I think it's admirable that you've carried on with the auction process. Surely he could understand that since the car has already hit reserve it's effectively "sold" already and he just needs to outbid.

That is a shame in that respect if he doesn't follow through, I think you've done the most honest thing - I know many TM sellers wouldn't think twice.

On another note, this looks like such a cool little car! I'm sure you will miss it. Hope it goes to an appreciative new owner. :)

At the point at which I turned the guy down, no bids had been placed yet. That's why he was pushing me to cancel the auction and sell to him. It was tempting, but I know that I'd be quite upset if someone did that on an auction I was planning to bid on.

And yeah, the car is a hoot to drive! Even better, it now has a new WOF & 3 months rego :D We will miss it, but we have no shortage of other cars and bikes . . . . the M3 will be getting a tidy-up in the next few weeks, and the E3 will hopefully be running by spring.

At the point at which I turned the guy down, no bids had been placed yet. That's why he was pushing me to cancel the auction and sell to him. It was tempting, but I know that I'd be quite upset if someone did that on an auction I was planning to bid on.

Im with Simon on this one, you should be applauded for continuing with the auction. You cant blame the guy for trying because everyone does it these days and if you really want something you sometimes have to be prepared to play dirty.

Good on you for keeping it open though and giving everyone else the chance

2002 with a dumpy! Kind of works?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ive got three of them a cabriolet post-6182-0-82472100-1385492538_thumb.jp a white touring 2000 post-6182-0-60856800-1385492581_thumb.jp and another silver touring 1802

post-6182-0-82472100-1385492538_thumb.jp

post-6182-0-60856800-1385492581_thumb.jp