Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Can I have someone's chassis number

Bloody dealer refuses to sell me parts without a chassis number. Then says they can't sell me flywheel bolts etc as my car is Auto. Explaining I have converted it doesn't help. Pissing me off.

Or even better, anyone able to tell me where I can buy flywheel and pressure plate bolts that are correct spec?

Thanks.

PM Glenn with what you want, I'm sure he can help.

I get the same thing too, my car is SA, no chasis number

pressure plate bolts; fillister-head screw M8 part number 07119919939

flywheel bolts: hex bolt M12 part number 11221717840

hope this helps

Edited by Jono51

Cheers. Thanks to Martyn for the chassis number (although this came up as auto too???) but by this stage they guy was ready to look regardless.

Where can I get these bolts elsewhere? BMW want $6.72 + GST ea!!! That's $60 for 8.

They are high tensile M12x28 1.5 pitch.

Pressure plate bolts are only $1 ea from BMW so I may as well get them from them.

Also after the bushes that hold the sheet metal console to the gearbox - $46+ or therabouts at both Euro Italian and BMW. At that price my shift isn't sloppy enough to worry about it - I think Gus repaired his with nolothane? Where can I buy some small pieces of nolothane so I can make my own?

And Gavin has my rear gearbox seal at half the price of BMW. Thumbs up!

Edited by bravo

I'm interested to know if someone is turning down a batch of nolathene bushes for tin plate shifter :rolleyes:

For sake of clarity, if anyone can help me, I require:

e30 Flywheel bolts M12x28 1.5 part number 11221717840 Qty:8

e30 Pressure plate bolts M8x16 fillister head cap screw part number 07119919939 Qty:4

Also going to get:

Getrag 260 rear seal (40x55x8 I've been told) part number 12053405 Which I'm happy to get from Gavin

Getrag 260 shift linkage bracket Part number 1208580 Qty: 2 which I'll get if they are cheap. They used to be $20, now they're closer to $50.

Thanks

Try Mel or Nick @ BM Workshop Ph. 3761250 tell them I gave you their number for a deal

hah - you beat me to it Glenn I was just PMing you as I want some Elf product aswell. Check your PM and get back to me if that is ok?

Edited by bravo

That's OK.

Once again, "Uncle" Glenn to the rescue. Glenn is helping me with the above, plus selling me some trans fluid and oil I need, and a bit of helpful advice to boot.

So as of Monday when I get back from auckland I should be full steam ahead on my swap again.

I have a factory NZ New 325 Manual if you still want the chassis number for something.

Let me know. I went through the same deal when I was building my Series car as it was also auto. I just used my 325's number in the end for nearly everything.

Cheers. I'm right now.

Almost got "caught" using the number martyn gave me - he's like - "is this a sedan or a coupe???" ummmm.....

Edited by bravo

Why such anal antics over buying parts without a chassis number??

Apparently its because people don't get the right parts and then blame the dealer for selling them the wrong thing when it was actually them giving the wrong info.

Once I started rattling off part numbers from bmwfans.info/realoem, and telling him which build month to look at to find the right picture on his system, he was more than helpful and we just went off that. So in the end a lot of hoohaa over nothing, but I was getting frustrated for a minute there - hence starting this thread.

Haha, Ive twice been into Jeff Gray and asked for a specific part number and had the same trouble....'cant order parts without your chassis number sir'.

For the e38 they ignored my part number and I waited 8 weeks only to receive an aluminium gear knob when mine is all wood :rolleyes: the second time they said they couldnt find the chassis number anyway.

The number I have you Graham is for a sedan not a coupe.

Bit late now Graham but the flywheel bolts are the same as the auto bolts.

Bit late now Graham but the flywheel bolts are the same as the auto bolts.

Haha yeah he is dead right. Just had a look on my spare motor.

But it's not a bad idea to replace them while you can.

I dont know why BMW think they can charge $60 for 8 flywheel bolts! Even though they are high tensile. Thier prices are ridiculous most of the time.

Actually, I knew that - just didn't think about it. Never mind, all sorted now.

As far as the nolothane pieces go we deal with autolign at work. Get a hold of them man, they sell all sorts of random lengths and shapes in nolothane not just specified vehicle replacement parts, talk to the guys in the workshop they are a friendly bunch.