Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Should I ? or not ?

I cant find any pics of 328 or ti badges.. Got any?

No I dont

BTW: Thanks for doing this :D

Edited by *Glenn*

I think to now. Would like to see what it looks like before I do it though.....anyone?

Cant sit here and do it at work, but Im happy to give it a stab over the weekend :)

One Ti owner to another leave the ///M badge and make the 318 to 328 with the Ti after it and leave the diffuser black because that's how they come from factory.

i would leave as sleeper :ph34r:

edit spelling

Edited by sp8s

One Ti owner to another leave the ///M badge and make the 318 to 328 with the Ti after it and leave the diffuser black because that's how they come from factory.

i would leave as sleeper :ph34r:

edit spelling

I think thats what I'll do now. Which is what I was going to do in the first place. Just wanted to through it into the arena, thats all. Im still going to do the twin square tipped exhaust though

Thanks everyone :D

Guest bimabro

I agree with most people here... I think its a general consensus that putting aftermarket badges (prety much stikers) of ac shnitzer, m-tech and any other is distastefull. Everytime I see it done I cringe.... I've never seen a BMW I like that has put bs ac or m badges on, its obvious there aftermarket, and wank wank.

Sure, lots of bimmers are genuine 'M-tech' but BMW didn't put an m badge (designed for M-power models) on them for a reason. Also changing the bonnet and boot badges is just as bad, the cars a BMW not an 'M'... And wel having M one one side, the ac on the other, then random in the middle, its just ugly, sticker collections are for scrap-books not cars. Just my 2c.

Just remember many metch models in NZ DID have an ///M badge. It's frowned upon on alot of overseas forums, but in NZ the cars came with them, so really its personal preference.

Apart from that, I concur.

The car came out of the factory with //M on it. Look at the Mtech door mouldings.. //M. It also has genuine schnitzer wheels

I've got an M3 and at a glance it is visually almost indistinguishable from an E36 with an M kit. I couldn't care less.

M-kitted cars have the M on the side mouldings. Why not an M on the back?

I've got an M3 and at a glance it is visually almost indistinguishable from an E36 with an M kit. I couldn't care less.

M-kitted cars have the M on the side mouldings. Why not an M on the back?

Thats probably why it was done. Because it isnt badged 318Ti. Might have been done in japan though. Mine also came out with the factory with M3 mirrors.

Guest bimabro

Yea fair argument, if it came with it, then good and thats fine... yes lots of m-tech have it one the side trim... but not on the back... Its just IMHO and in general I think badges should be left how they came, otherwise it gets taky, it doesn't add anything to the car at all, so realy its just trying to say 'I'm boasting all I can'. Its totaly ones opinion I just think anything that looks like it wasn't there in the first place looks tacky... it's just too obvious.

Anway I did some photo shopping for you... I did the twin exhaust which I think looks great, and the colour coded-difuser which in my opinion is quite nice... also tinted the windows- you have to do it lol. O and also made custom grey/black badge... its looks way better on silver/ white cars.

The diffuser is debatable... it makes the rear end/ body-kit more obvious and is quite cool, but personaly the black looks smarter and gives a break from the rather tall tall-rear end.

post-4093-1236897341_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys...I really appreciate your help. I think I'll stick with the black diffuser though, now that I've been able to see it colour coded.

Once again... thanks alot

badge ditch!! debadge it

debadge it

badge ditch!! debadge it

+1 and put a genuine bmw badge on instead of that m one.

If you've gone through the effort to do the conversion it would be cool to keep those people next yo you at the lights guessing as to what is under the hood.

+1 and put a genuine bmw badge on instead of that m one.

It has, check opening thread

Guest bimabro

Mmmm I rekon de-badge= debatable, I'd prefer a de-badge car than one with 10 stickers on the back... BUT generally when you see a bmw (especially like this one/ Glenns), people are just trying to cover up for the lil 1.8/ 1.6... or their just gangsta... yea sure some legit fast cars are debadged, but in general and on a car like this that look prety standard I think I'd just assume its a 318.

And actually a 328Ti badge on the back would get me guessing/ very interested... for obvious reasons on this car.

Thread cleaned up with the inane ramblings of the two photoshop 'boys' deleted.

Take it elsewhere you two.

Debadge, diffuser black, twin round tips.

Its so easy.

Its so easy.

+2

If you really want a badge Glenn, it needs to be ///M by itself, or 316ti ;)

Don't see anything wrong with an M badge on an M-tech car, but having an M then 320i etc after it just makes the rear end look too cluttered.

My Compact built in Germany has the ///M and 318ti on the back which is standard for this model seeing as how it is a M spec (Motorsport) it also has a badge on the side trim at the doors (motorsport International) which I understand are also from the factory.

Posted Image

Dont know how rare these mouldings are but have seen a few in overseas forum, not that many but a few.