Sign in to follow this  
simke

New police speed camera van

Unless the vans were too small or couldnt hold a camera for some reason, how can they suddenly become unoperational?? To me all it looks like they do is sit on the side of the road and give people presents. If they are just a box to contain a camera, why do you need a more expensive newer box?

Im sure the funds used could go to a more worthy cause, ie trying to tackle youth violence

Makes me wonder sometimes.

lol i can see another F the police thread happening :P

surely all the money they get from speeding tickets could help to pay for a NZ autobahn :)

edit- i should state my gf is going to be becoming a cop soon :P don't be hating :)

Edited by Jamez

lol i can see another F the police thread happening :P

surely all the money they get from speeding tickets could help to pay for a NZ autobahn :)

grrr,

i hate them

what a waste of tax payers dollars

Most likely funded by speeding tickets. But yes i dont like the fact that im paying to have the vehicle that potentially snaps me speeding, aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Who gives a sh*t what it looks like. Personally i think that if they put a camera in a burnt out wreck they'd snap waaaaaay more speeders than in a late model toyota van.

I think that this is a wise decision by the police.

The resale value of a Toyota Previa is far greater than a Mitsubishi would ever be.

So really the Police are saving the country money.

And a merc van (probably) costs about 2x the amount. If they had gone European they wouldn't have heard the end of it. You have to remember that NZ sees Euros as a premium (read expensive) brand.

And a merc van (probably) costs about 2x the amount. If they had gone European they wouldn't have heard the end of it. You have to remember that NZ sees Euros as a premium (read expensive) brand.

I had a quick look on trade me into the prices, and surprisingly there're quite comparable. I agree with you on NZ stereotype of them though.

Stupid.

Mitsis are always broken.

Everyone knows a brand new Toyota on the side of the road is sus.

I think that this is a wise decision by the police.

The resale value of a Toyota Previa is far greater than a Mitsubishi would ever be.

So really the Police are saving the country money.

Sorry Brian but no it wouldn’t. L200 vans will hold there value much better being a commercial vehicle where the Previa will be worth nothing in a few years because of all the “identical†Enima badged rubbish coming in from Japan.

Stupid.

Haha, I would assume they are tourists, the L200’s were easy to spot as the police brought them in colours most wouldn’t and kept them clean, how many tradies keep these POS van clean??

Speed camera’s make sense to me, they catch dumb people speeding in dumb places and don’t cost bugger all to operate.

Cant stand the road patrol Police, sorry but they really are a bunch of hypocritical wanker’s that I liken to sales reps in the sense they drive around trying to get as much money possible in a new car and earn 50k.

Stupid.

This makes the most sense out of anything posted so far

"no longer meets the operational requirements for a camera vehicle"

ie, everybody knows what they are as soon as they see em, just like how everybody knew that purple Camry wagons were speedcamera vehicles

I reckon the Previa is more stealthy, but we'll all be on the lookout for em now.

Anyway, bugger all speedcamera vehicles where I live. Yay for being rural :P

hahahhaha how many of these people movers do you see on the side of the road in south Auckland already? Nearly one every couple of kilometers!! Cos we all know who drives them.

So i think the cops are being smart and trying to blend in. They will now have to take them through the process of making them fully equipt, including smearing fingers all over the windows, blotting soot up the back, driving them for years on end without washing them, and packing out the front dash with clutter.

Edited by bravo

hahahhaha how many of these people movers do you see on the side of the road in south Auckland already? Nearly one every couple of kilometers!! Cos we all know who drives them.

So i think the cops are being smart and trying to blend in. They will now have to take them through the process of making them fully equipt, including smearing fingers all over the windows, blotting soot up the back, driving them for years on end without washing them, and packing out the front dash with clutter.

If they wanted to blend in I think they would be buying Mazda Bongo vans with window curtains instead.

Please be careful with your comments and opinions. We have zero tolerance towards racism here.

Thane and cheers

Grant

Racism? Or stereotyping?

I guess you're the mod, so you judge.

Racism? Or stereotyping?

I guess you're the mod, so you judge.

They are often one and the same.

Besides I am just providing a gentle friendly reminder before this thread deteriorates like so many previous ones.

Cheers

Grant

I think you all might be mising the point.

Whinging and moaing about tax payers dollars, speed ing tickets, etc etc.

If you don't want a speeding ticket:

DONT SPEED.

If you wanna drive fast take it to a track or a drag day.

Then you don't need to worry what vehicle the oinkers are in, or about handing

over your hard earned dollars. If they werent nabbing so many people, they wouldn't

be able to afford new vans anyway.

Yes I like to drive fast, no I don't speed. I can't afford the ticket price.

Wait until they latch onto the Queensland model where private citizens contract to park their cars on the side of the road with camera gear fitted by the police. Last time I was over there I spotted a camera in a 1987 Toyota Corolla lift back - full of personal belongings.

They must have changed the law since since I lived there... Speed cameras in Qld were always marked vans with signs warning "speed camera ahead"

from police.qld.gov.au "philosophy of the speed camera program is based on general deterrence

using marked speed camera vehicles..."

Posted Image

Victoria was the bastard for cameras.. I've seen one in a combi sitting on a jack with the wheel off. And then there's the wheely-bin cam!

Edited by blakamin

Not only are they getting these previas they have already ordered and are in the process of decking out hyundai h1 vans too - they are the passenger version which is easily noticiable by its two tone paint job, colour at top and lower part is grey. They also have a hyundai sonata in wgtn as an unmarked car, and a few santa fe 4wds.

You have been warned....