Sign in to follow this  
briancol

Free Beer and hardly anyone showed up

Glenn put on a shout at Fibber McFees last night. He had won a $100.00 bar tab and had advertised the fact on the forum and invited any Bimmersporter to attend.

Well you rotton 'stay at homers' you don't know what you have missed out on.

Glenn had also invited his staff and several of his friends, but only two bimmersporters took up the offer.

Of course the $100.00 didn't last very long, but Glenn did give his credit card rather a bashing and between the platters of food and beer, a damn good time was had by everyone there.

What's wrong with the members here, we are in a recession and someone offers free beer, and only two of us show up.

Shame on all you members.

I was at candyland, and have a woppping great hangover to prove my alibi :D

Lame excuses.

What do you guys expect?

You get free beer, do you also want free taxis or your motel paid for?

You're all a weak lot.

Im sure you and glenn would rather some exclusive one on one time anyway brian. We were just doing you, as a couple, a favour. :P

I tried to pick up a cheap fare on Grabaseat, but they were all sold out.

Sorry for letting you down guys. :(

Im sure you and glenn would rather some exclusive one on one time anyway brian. We were just doing you, as a couple, a favour. :P

Sorry to disappoint you, but seeing that no one showed up there was soooo much free beer that Glenn and I got blind drunk and only had eyes for the gorgeous blonde barmaid.

Should really read the events section more often. Otherwise I would have been there. Not that I am allowed to drink at the moment. Can still eat though.

Im pissed off, I thought id save a few bob and do my brakes myself yesterday…had I taken it to Glenn it would have been finished by 4.00pm and I could have joined you for a beer…instead I was stuck in my garage until 8.00pm re installing brake booster and bleeding the system.

Ya miserable old bugger :P

bit faar for me to drive for a beer...hmmm also could have gone to BMWCC show and shine...must keep a eye on the AK events in future!

Glenn put on a shout at Fibber McFees last night. He had won a $100.00 bar tab and had advertised the fact on the forum and invited any Bimmersporter to attend.

Well you rotton 'stay at homers' you don't know what you have missed out on.

Glenn had also invited his staff and several of his friends, but only two bimmersporters took up the offer.

Of course the $100.00 didn't last very long, but Glenn did give his credit card rather a bashing and between the platters of food and beer, a damn good time was had by everyone there.

What's wrong with the members here, we are in a recession and someone offers free beer, and only two of us show up.

Shame on all you members.

That's a bit harsh don't you think? While I enjoy going to some of the meetings, my life does not revolve around Bimmersport meetings. A lot of us here have lives outside this forum and as such were probably otherwise engaged, and I don't really feel like I should have to explain why I wasn't there. Although both you and Glenn are great people and Glenn was more than generous with offering to share his bartab,if we don't turn up it's our problem. BTW 'free beer' is not the be all and end all for me personally. However the people that said they WOULD be there SHOULD have turned up! Just out of curiosity how many members here actually said they would attend?

Edit: Just had a look, it looks as though hardly any members ACTUALLY confirmed they would be there, so I don't see why you are getting your panties in a twist over this.

Edited by zenetti

:huh: Sorry I had other things going on that night.

I will be sure to drop everything to be there next time.

Not everyone here is just a simple trip down the road away... there is life south of Auckland too.

Edited by Boost Junky

yeah it was in Friday peak hour traffic, what a mission getting from central over the bridge to south

Oh how things get taken out of context over the intarweb. I think this thread was intended as just a bit of playful banter.

Thanks Glenn it was a much needed pit stop on the way home after this week :)

Oh how things get taken out of context over the intarweb. I think this thread was intended as just a bit of playful banter.

I wondered in the first post if he was using such context. Wasnt quite too sure though after the a few more posts lol... My bad

What zenetti said!

shut up brian..

Dont try and bring attention to yourself....

there is life south of Auckland too.

we really do need a sarcasm emoticon, just to avoid confusion in the future... <_<

Friday.. what did I do Friday? sh*t I have no idea.. No wait!! I remember! I went to the skatepark and had a skate with the guys, filled the chilly bin. Went home got changed, went Hangar, then Muriwai for the yearly 4WD carpark party. Got cracked down by the police around 12ish, then back to Hangar and danced till 2. Then Back to a mates where we continued to finish the beer, chat sh*t, and dance until 4.30am in her lounge.

Safe to say, I think I was busy with prior commitments. AKA sober driver

Not when its every time we have a meet/catch up.

I however always have dinner with my olds every Friday at 6pm.

I dont know about your Auckland efforts, but after having tried to get people to the Wellington ones for the last five years I can sympathise with both camps.

Ive lost count of the amount of people who have failed to turn up after posting on the thread to say they would. Its happened so many times we've given up organising them because those that do turn up see each other regularly anyway.

As I have a young family though, sometimes my plans can change very quickly which means sometimes I cant make it at the last minute. Although Id like to think my past attendance has given me the right to drop out every now and then.