Sign in to follow this  
crazyarab

The end of a dream

Well the time has finally come, I had to say goodbye to my dream car. I gave it a final wax and polish (boy did I enjoy cleaning that car) and said my final farewells. Even with a all those zeros written on the bank check I found it extremely difficult to watch it go...

Anyhow here is a little "trip down memory lane" of how things progressed as a bit of a tribute to the best car I have owned... so far :P

The day it arrived

BBS CH's Added

Angel eyes + eye brows

Spoilers + 19" Deep dish

Track Days

Final photo shoot

How it sold...

post-1976-1237591200_thumb.jpg

Edited by crazyarab

I was expecting to click on this to see that you'd stacked it into a tree or something! :o

So it's finally sold... what's next on the cards? E39 M5? E30 M3?

I was expecting to click on this to see that you'd stacked it into a tree or something! :o

So it's finally sold... what's next on the cards? E39 M5? E30 M3?

I dunno man, it felt pretty sad... not quite stacked into a tree sad but you get the idea :P

"What's next" is a very tough question. For the mean time it will be a cheap run about until "The One" pops it's head out at me again.

Few options I have in mind are... EVO E36 M3, E46 M3, E30 M3, E30 Race car, E34 M5, E39 540 Msport, SL500, SL600.

Having said that, now that I have the cash flow again perhaps investing it properly would be the wiser option... Housing is looking very tempting now and if I go down that route I think it will be a while until I slip into another MPower car...

Maybe go the cheaper option and see what the fuss with the E30's is all about... manual 325 perhaps?

But yeh, as you can see too many ideas plenty of time to think so only time will tell :).

Edited by crazyarab

One of my favourites... I thought it already went to the new owner about a month ago?

The 'How it Sold' link doesn't work, btw.

One of my favourites... I thought it already went to the new owner about a month ago?

The 'How it Sold' link doesn't work, btw.

Yeh, it took a month to close this deal... long story short only got the cash yesterday!

Edited by crazyarab

Still my favourite m3.

So wats on the cards now??

"What's next" is a very tough question. For the mean time it will be a cheap run about until "The One" pops it's head out at me again.

Few options I have in mind are... EVO E36 M3, E46 M3, E30 M3, E30 Race car, E34 M5, E39 540 Msport, SL500, SL600.

Having said that, now that I have the cash flow again perhaps investing it properly would be the wiser option... Housing is looking very tempting now and if I go down that route I think it will be a while until I slip into another MPower car...

Maybe go the cheaper option and see what the fuss with the E30's is all about... manual 325 perhaps?

But yeh, as you can see too many ideas plenty of time to think so only time will tell :).

Still my favourite m3.

I suggest you have another read of the thread mate.....there are only a couple of posts so it wont take long.

Buy a house. There's never been a better time.

Mmm my thoughts exactly (rather my dads) but he makes a good point.

Edited by crazyarab

Sad to here its gone mate i really did like it in green.

Id say an E46 M3, E30 M3, E30 Race car, or if you dont want to spend the $$ that e30 m20 turbo or m30 etc cheap and cherry

Edited by Riley

Grab a nice mtech2 325 e30 :) You'll definitely find out what e30ness is like :D

Mmm my thoughts exactly (rather my dads) but he makes a good point.

It's not the worst advice...

My vote is for e39 if you want something more subdued but still an animal. Prefer my crappy e39 over the M3 at the moment :unsure:.

Hey mate, i'm with the rest, sad to see it gone, hope you got what you wanted price wise.

Hey mate, i'm with the rest, sad to see it gone, hope you got what you wanted price wise.

Yeh, definitely an offer I could not refuse (especially in todays market).

Would never have let it go otherwise.

It's not the worst advice...

My vote is for e39 if you want something more subdued but still an animal. Prefer my crappy e39 over the M3 at the moment :unsure: .

Auto or manual E39? Would love a manual one but so hard to find in NZ.

That was one of my favourite cars on Bimmersport.

Its sad to see it go.

Hope you get a new car soon. I'm sure it will be a minta!

In the current climate - a house is best option.

Hope the new owner looks after the car as you did - would have to be one of the best examples around. Can imagine you are gutted to see it go

E30 race car sounds like a great idea, from your previous posts its obvious you enjoy so much track time and being warranted & registered you can use it to get around too if the need arises.

E30 race car sounds like a great idea, from your previous posts its obvious you enjoy so much track time and being warranted & registered you can use it to get around too if the need arises.

I wouldn't count on using it to get a around in...on top of not being very comfortable and entry/egress problems, you wouldn't really want to leave it in a dodgey car park..

That said, if you weren't fussed with power, you could probably have a really cheap and fun E30 with bushes, good rubber and series king/koni suspension :)

Or you could buy my race car so I can buy a house :ph34r:

Wasn't suggesting to use it as a daily runner, just when the need arises.

But, I do know of someone who does use his E30 320i race car as pretty much a daily driver without any worries :)

dont look at it as the END of a dream......

Just the very start of another.......also the pain of wearing out you keys on the keyboard again aye mate ;)

That said, if you weren't fussed with power, you could probably have a really cheap and fun E30 with bushes, good rubber and series king/koni suspension :)

+1, sounds like me and I am having a blast

Guest Simon*

Congrats on the sale Atta but yeah, must be hard to let that beauty go. You've done a magnificent job maintaining and improving that car. Hope the new owner does likewise.

I'm sure your next project will be a winner too