Sign in to follow this  
Mike.Gayner

Cleaned Girlfriend's Car

May as well post this here - was going to wait until I've had the chance to detail my new BMW before posting, but meh I'll post this for now. Today I cleaned out the interior of my GF's runabout. It hasn't been cleaned in at least a year. I also gave the outside a quick was, and tested the bonnet with some cut and polish. I'll finish the interior maybe next week.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now that's a serious clean. Can't say i've gone to the effort of removing seats etc.

Good stuff. Make sure you post up when you do your 540i :)

The 540i is the first BMW I've had, and everything seems a little more difficult. Removing trim etc on japanese cars is basically a case of tugging till something feels right - everything is a bit more solid on the BMW. Also, the BMW pics will be a lot less remarkable, seeing as it's already in fairly decent condition.

edit: Also, if you've never gone to the "extreme" of removing seats, give it a go next time. It's actually a very quick and easy procedure (on most cars, havent tried the BMW yet), and allows you far greater access to problem areas.

Edited by Mike.Gayner

You need a low profile spanner to remove e30 seats. If you have one, it's straight forward.

Good effort. Come do mine????

post-339-1237622507_thumb.jpg

post-339-1237622561_thumb.jpg

That man deserves a DB.... you GF is one lucky gal.

Good effort. Come do mine????

:blink:

Are you a detailer Mike?? Great attention to detail, a fantastic job.

No, just obsessive about keeping my cars clean. I eventually couldn't stand seeing her car looking like that. I only intended to give it a wash and vacuum, but wound up going the whole hog.

Areas like door jambs are often overlooked - you see them every time you get in and out of the car, and cleaning them really changes the way the car feels. It's a bit like shining your tyres - you may not explicitly notice it, but it can make a big difference to how your car is perceived.

Edited by Mike.Gayner

A pretty good effort there, looken sharp. Nice CC also ha.

A pretty good effort there, looken sharp. Nice CC also ha.

Heh, the Peugeot belong to my mum - I did the work at my parents place because they've got more space than I do.

Hope she appreciates your efforts & keeps it looking as such. Well done!

I have in the past (not recent) been known to clean with similar effort but certainly not removing seats.

And no - you wont want do the same in the Beemer - a shitload more effort involved compared to a jappa.

Wow, trying to impress are we?

Your GF must be pretty tidy, my car looks like that after a month!

What a pig cart. Ten points for effort, I would have just set it on fire and found a new missus that was familiar with hygiene and tidiness :lol:

What a pig cart. Ten points for effort, I would have just set it on fire and found a new missus that was familiar with hygiene and tidiness :lol:

Wow. That was harsh.

Do you clean your interior every week on your daily runabout? Or every day? lol. Obsessive compulsive :P

Give our cars a vacuum and Armorall once a month but it’s a preventative maintenance thing, nothing hard out.

Did read a little harsh but I was only Joking, I have purchased cars in a similar state and wondered how the hell a car can get so bad, guessing some people eat and apply make up in their cars.

That car was 10x cleaner than my sisters Cynos. I once jumped into my sisters car to move it and threw up in my mouth. The stench was incredible. Was a starbucks coffee in the back that told me he had been there about 3 months.

Crazy thing is she is a pretty girl who spends hours in front of the mirror.

We just sold it as is where is. It was ether that or I burn it.

Most of the mess seems to be from food & smoking

Nah not really any food, and non-smokers. It was mostly sand (ex-summer, lots of beach going), and ass-tonnes of dust. I don't know where all that dust comes from, but there was HEAPS of it. And dust turns into sticky crud in little tight spots, which is where you need to get out the tooth pick and stiff brush.

Apex - I wouldn't touch Armourall if I were you. I absolutely can't stand that greasy, shiny look, and it attracts dust and crap extremely quickly.

Well done MIke.

Post up some pics of the E#$ when you clean that

That car was 10x cleaner than my sisters Cynos. I once jumped into my sisters car to move it and threw up in my mouth. The stench was incredible. Was a starbucks coffee in the back that told me he had been there about 3 months.

I know people like that. Its disgusting

Mine is normally a mixture of receipts, gravel and gravel dust, and you always get lint off your clothing stuck in those annoying places. Builds up quickly an in a month it looks a lot like the car in the picture.

Receipts, beer bottle caps, water bottles, a teddy bear and fines at the moment. Lotsa dust on the sides from Aniwhata road. She needs a clean.

Receipts, beer bottle caps, water bottles, a teddy bear and fines at the moment. Lotsa dust on the sides from Aniwhata road. She needs a clean.

OOHHH fines for what?

This could be a new thread... instead of whats in your hand bag/man bag - whats on your cars floor?

A different way of getting to know people.

Edited by M325is