Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ari Gold

E24 635csi

Guest Ari Gold

Has to be black.

Either a 79 with the big bore short stroke M90 and the close ratio box, or a latest of the late model before the cars got international bumpers, the euro specific ones are so much prettier.

Gotta be manual.

Black leather would be nice, but Tan is nice as well.

Not really concerned about M-tec kits or the like, if its got one, its got one. Will definitely be happy to see a schnitzer kit :D

Lemme know if anything comes up.

Also were clear indicators an option? I've seen an 84 with them and an 85 without.

Guest Simon*

Mate if you're serious about this you'd really want an '84 or later when they went onto the same chassis as the E28. Earlier ones were built on the E23 7 series and are a bit "boaty" by comparison. Prone to rust too.

Trust you to get wheels and then look round for a car to fit them. In the meantime, I could "model" them on 5Norty for you ;)

Guest Ari Gold

That would be the E12, Simon :D , they were based on the 5, not the 7.

The only reason I'd want an early model is that the engine in them, though L-jet, is a little champion, big bore, short stroke, likes a bit of a rev :D They're an early motorsport block (M88) with a single cam head.

I do prefer the later look, come to think of it. The Karman bodied cars don't really look all that nice.

i agree , get the later cars built on a real chasis , or you could just buy a real chasis (E28) M535i or M5 .

go on .its a lighter faster car .

post-279-1238524337_thumb.jpg

post-279-1238524448_thumb.jpg

post-279-1238524643_thumb.jpg

post-279-1238524775_thumb.jpg

That would be the E12, Simon :D , they were based on the 5, not the 7.

The Karman bodied cars don't really look all that nice.

Hey you should be banned from here for saying that!!! . :lol:

Sam, ^^^^^^this is the one I told you about weeks ago. Was supposed to be at the cruise, but I wasn't able to get hold of Peter to confirm his attendance.

If you come up to have a look let me know. I'll book you into hotel MOF.

have you brought it yet.

have you brought it yet.

hey guys came in a little late on this one, but if you are referring to the car listed on the link- what type of body-kit is that? Zender? It's not M-tech.

How much is your budget?

Because I know there are some very nice 635csi's out there which maybe up for sale again.

Alot of people in the past have priced themselves out of the market and thus never got any real traction.

I once owned the 1989 635csi Highline in burgundy and style 5's that was marketed on t/me a year ago for $20k. (the owner did not have one bite at that price). He maybe keen to part with it for cheaper. It is like new (and has had about $30k spent on it over the last 7-8 years). Irrespective of the fact it has the Highline bumpers (not for everyone), it is arguably one of the best 635csi's around. Like new.

There are a couple of beautiful 635csi's circa 86-87' I know of as well that maybe up for sale.

The best bargain IMO with a 635csi in recent times was the 1990 140,000k Lachs Silver Highline that came up for sale on trademe 18 months ago. It went for like $14,500. It was a very tidy example. There are only about 5 Highlines in NZ as they were designated for the UK market.

I simply love the six. Even though I have a mint 8, the E24 is my first love. I think they are simply beautiful. The 635csi is a little 'boaty' compared to the M635csi or modern cars, but they are still lots of fun.

My 2008 Xr6 has a lot more grunt than a 635csi, but you know which car I'd drive every day!