Sign in to follow this  
Mark

840Ci for 6 grand!

Turners Link

Posted Image

Must be something wrong with it for price to be that low. Good for the V8 gearbox and wheels perhaps?

Mileage perhaps, aged interior?

Other than looks pretty mint.

Edited by Greg.

Guest Simon*

Was thinking about posting this

Same motor as mine (only about half the kms ;) ) - they're expecting 8'ish grand at auction no? Interior's not mint but M60 and 6 speed = win for some brave soul

TM Link

Was thinking about posting this

Same motor as mine (only about half the kms ;) ) - they're expecting 8'ish grand at auction no? Interior's not mint but M60 and 6 speed = win for some brave soul

TM Link

In the 380,000km yours has done have you had any mechanical probs?

Guest Simon*

In the 380,000km yours has done have you had any mechanical probs?

You mean 395,000km mate ;)

Nothing too major. Clutch, radiator, odds and sods - always been regularly serviced. Still pulls pretty hard

Ha 380 last time i saw ya, you must do some ks in that thing.

So basically just wear and tear items, pretty reliable if you ask me, that 840 should be well worht the money then.

it was an auto , now a 6 speed manual .

its a repo car , half finished manual converison . clutch barely works , rough interior and ext.

engine runs rough etc .

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Ahh crap was seriously considering it :(

I had a feeling a stock manual was a bit "too good to be true".

Edited by crazyarab

soo,new owner needs to know about electrics and mechanics.

if the computer/brains wont work 100% drop in a link.

if the clutch wont do the business,drop it off at Glens :P

Dude you are right, they are rare in manual. All up 57 were evidently manual in RHD in the 840i /840ci (out of approx. 1,000). Rare car if it was legit. This car sounds like a orphan. But for that price however, who cares!

Definately worth a bid.

I'm going to register with turners and see if I can get it cheaply for the parts I need (rear suspension basically, and wheels if they are genuine)

Then resell parts on here for the engine and gearbox and what ever else people are after. It'd be appreciated if no other bimmersport members bid on it, and if anyone is interested in the gearbox or something else please PM me.

I'm going to register with turners and see if I can get it cheaply for the parts I need (rear suspension basically, and wheels if they are genuine)

Then resell parts on here for the engine and gearbox and what ever else people are after. It'd be appreciated if no other bimmersport members bid on it, and if anyone is interested in the gearbox or something else please PM me.

well i know a few people that will be bidding on it ,. including the last owner who did the conversion before it got repo'd from him because previous owner owed money on it .

he wants it back so he can finish the work on it and then try and beat the money out of the guy who ripped him off .

Guessing about 10000. Who want`s what??

Hey Brad you don't like your t/stars on your 840csi?

Would you look to replace your wheels with the M-Parallels for good, or do just want another set of wheels? I'd like a set of M-parallels too. I think being 18's they fill out the arches great on the E31.

$9350. not a bad price...

I bid up to 8500, but the bidding was going pretty quick and I figured it was just going to keep going up. I wouldn't have had the cash for it at $9.5k or so. But anyways....

ssbmw - I have an 850CSi :) I have the original 17x8 and 17x9 Throwing Stars and I think I will keep them because they are rare in that size. I am after a set of original 18x8.5 and 18x9.5" M-Par's or the big wide 18x10.5" Alpina's with matching fronts.

I bid up to 8500, but the bidding was going pretty quick and I figured it was just going to keep going up. I wouldn't have had the cash for it at $9.5k or so. But anyways....

ssbmw - I have an 850CSi :) I have the original 17x8 and 17x9 Throwing Stars and I think I will keep them because they are rare in that size. I am after a set of original 18x8.5 and 18x9.5" M-Par's or the big wide 18x10.5" Alpina's with matching fronts.

Interesting - does anyone know who ended up buying this car?

That has got to be a steal for someone!

Brad - yeah I know your car; have seen it at BM Workshop Botany. I saw a 840 in the same colour as your colour a few years ago in Auckland and have never seen it again. It had style 5's like most of the 840's.

REgards, SS

the last owner brought it back so he can finish the job off .