Sign in to follow this  
kingkarl

Veitchy

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article....jectid=10567358

What's with this guy? Nearly kills his wife, then has a cry about he's the one who's had the hard time.

I struggle to see how someone can "attempt" to kill themselves 3 times and fail every time. It's not that hard! There's heaps of tall structures in and around Auckland. Pick one.

So I'm thinking these attempts are just pure BS and all he's trying to do is get the media off his ass.

Opinions?

If he is trying to get the media off his ar$e why does he keep phoning them up for interviews? Just keep your mouth shut Tony and keep your head down.

Anyway here's my 2p.

I think the guy is scum. Ive never liked him and dont think I ever will, but the reality is that the sentence he received was fairly typical of cases that occur every single day. His high profile status means that he will suffer more than the 'average' person but he is not helping himself by coming out in every interview telling everyone how is was wronged and how he wanted his day in court. There is obviously more to this but the plea bargain was offered and he took it.

To be honest, he doesnt sound like a man who has fully come to terms with what he's done, he may say he's apologised countless times and yes he has paid all sorts of medical and reparation costs, but he needs to keep his mouth shut now and learn something from the hours of counselling he is bound to be getting.

If he does that and comes back a different man then fair play to him.

Ok:

1) He didnt try and kill his wife, it was his ex girlfriend.

2) He was a happily married man and his phsyco ex wouldnt leave him alone.

3) She let herself into his house.

4) He found her and gave her a shove and told her to get the f**k out, she fell down the stairs.

I think everyone needs to move on. Hes a funny guy, and a good sports presenter, who gives a rats ass if he beat up his ex, it happens all the time in south auckland.

his phsyco ex wouldnt leave him alone.

Nothing worse than that.. lol

I think everyone needs to move on.

+1

Pyscho ex or not, he is guilty and he admitted that when he first payed her to keep quiet. It was always going to happen.

But I think she has more than got her revenge, his losses are far bigger than the $150k hush money and his sentence of $10k, supervision and 300hrs community service.

And I would want to try and redeem myself by talking to the media, how else do you get through to the public but through the very media that lied to the public about you.

why does anyone care lol, he's only a sports presenter.

Q_Q moar

Ok:

who gives a rats ass if he beat up his ex, it happens all the time in south auckland.

And just because it happens all the time in south auckland makes it ok hmmmmm, ok shows your way of thinking.

And just because it happens all the time in south auckland makes it ok hmmmmm, ok shows your way of thinking.

haha, im 99% sure his whole post was a joke.

4) He found her and gave her a shove and told her to get the f**k out, she fell down the stairs.

That's funny, last I heard he kicked her in the back fracturing a vertebrae.

Guest Simon*

That's funny, last I heard he kicked her in the back fracturing a vertebrae.

Which he also admitted to John Campbell on national TV

The useless little turd

Guest Ari Gold

The summary of facts:

SUMMARY OF FACTS

The Complainant Kristin Louise DUNNE-POWELL and the Defendant Tony Colin VEITCH are former partners who shared an intermittent relationship between 2002 and 2006. They lived in separate homes until April 2005 when the Complainant moved into the Defendant?s residence at 10A Wynsfield Gardens, St Heliers AUCKLAND, permanently moving out again in November 2005. In January 2006, the Complainant was living in an apartment she had purchased in Auckland City. A number of her possessions were still in storage at the Defendant?s home at 10A Wynsfield Gardens, St Heliers, AUCKLAND. The Defendant and Complainant agreed to meet at the Defendant?s home on the evening of Sunday 29 January 2006. During the evening the pair talked about their relationship in the bedroom. A heated argument ensued, in the course of which the Defendant kicked the Complainant in the back while she was on the floor. The Defendant crouched down beside the Complainant and asked if she was ?OK?. She said she wasn't. After some time they both fell asleep. The Complainant awoke later in the night to go to the toilet. She was in considerable pain. At her request, the Defendant took the Complainant to hospital, arriving at Auckland Emergency Department around 4.00am. The Defendant remained with the Complainant at hospital until some time before 6.00am, when he left due to work commitments. He returned later and took her home when she was discharged. As a result of the assault the Complainant received a traumatic haematoma and 1 or 2 fractures to the right transverse processes of the spine, which caused an on-going nerve problem. Resulting muscle loss caused a temporary physical disfigurement in that area of the back for a considerable period of time. The complainant underwent extensive physiotherapy as a result of her injuries and was unable to work for some weeks. The Defendant contributed towards the cost of this treatment in the sum of $12,000. Her injuries have now healed appropriately. In October 2007 solicitors acting for the Complainant wrote to the Defendant seeking some recompense for losses said to have been incurred by the Complainant. The sums referred to in the letter totalled $127,320. Negotiations followed culminating in the Defendant paying $150,000 to the complainant, described as a "compensatory payment" to assist the Complainant with payment of some of her medical expenses and to reimburse her for lost income and emotional distress, together with a donation of $5,000 to an organisation known as ?Preventing Violence in the Home?. In addition, the Complainant and the Defendant entered into a confidentiality deed dated 22 December 2007 and the Defendant provided a letter of apology to the Complainant. When spoken to by Police the Defendant declined to comment. The Defendant is a 34 year old Company Director. He was employed as a television presenter and radio broadcaster at the time of this assault. He has not previously appeared before the Court.

0-4 on the suicide count, what a useless prick.

Guest Simon*

0-4 on the suicide count, what a useless prick.

Indeed. Even failing at failing. Cry for help much Tony?

Hasnt this guy been dragged through the mud enough already. He made a mistake and hes faced up to it. Get off the guys back.

Guest Simon*

Hasnt this guy been dragged through the mud enough already. He made a mistake and hes faced up to it. Get off the guys back.

Or what you'll kick and break it?

He is getting off f***ing lightly if you ask me - and no he hasn't faced up, he got caught out.

But agreed, it's a sh*t topic for discussion here.

Guest Ari Gold

There is no excuse EVER for hitting a woman. None.

He was only contrite because he got caught. At the start of the case "he was going to vigorously defend these false allegations"

That being said, she is not totally blameless, as she took the "hush money" and still spoke about it. Once the police got hold of the info it was all over as far as she was concerned, as the police can lay charges against the will of the victim in domestic violence cases.

The media is probably to blame for his state of mind though, as their coverage of this case has been both one sided and vindictive (TV3 especially, putting the boot in often) He has been pilloried over this issue, no doubt, but maybe he shouldn't have hit her? Did he not think he was one of the most widely recognised people in the country?

His attempts at suicide smack of attention seeking, especially to have cocked it up so many times - it's down the road, not across the street, children.

Who cares. Go start a Veitch group and discuss this crap.

Cook me some eggs or I will Veitch you down the stairs fool.

All I can say is:

DILLIGAF

Been looking for an excuse to say that all day after going to see Kevin on Saturday night :P

Edited by *Glenn*

^^ lol

After seeing him a couple years back, I walked round singing that for a good couple weeks.

DILLIGAF

Huh?? Translation?

I personally think he got off lightly, and I am totally sick of hearing about it. He is in the media himself - and it is a dog eat dog industry. Did he think that his former competitors would go easy on him?? What he did is f**king low. It may not be the worst thing the court heard last week, but still lower than pond scum.

On top of that submitting 'modified' documents to support a lightening of the sentence borders on fraud if you ask me. The suicide attempts aren't serious ones (if they were he would have only needed one crack at it) - which smacks of attention seeking. He needs to keep his head down for a while.

Enough already - there are much more important stories out there. Like how similar Frank Bananarama is to Robert Mugabe (or how he would like to be).... :huh:

Who cares. Go start a Veitch group and discuss this crap.

Cook me some eggs or I will Veitch you down the stairs fool.

Veitchy ain't in the same league as "Jake the Muss"

One very important thing has been revealed during all this bullshit.

Veitchy paid her "Compensation" for her injuries, but she still made a claim with ACC

ACC only pay compensation for losses incurred due to injury [ so either ACC or Veitch are entitled to a refund ]

No wonder she has buggered off overseas