Sign in to follow this  
bravo

How much do you spend on your pride and joy

This should be stickied, and serve as a reminder to people not to fall into the same idiot trap, then look back and realise how many cooler faster cars you could have owned for half the price... Damn some people must be feeling bad

I think I went the other way. I sold a much nicer/faster car to build my slow little e30 that I enjoy more. Sometimes it's not really about speed or cool/nice factor.

I only speak for myself, but I chose to spend money on a 20yo german tinbox cos it gives me massive amounts of enjoyment.

Of course I do look at other cars that I could have gotten, then realised I'd just end up spending more on top of the purchase price because I'd eventually find things I'm unhappy with :lol:

A question for you spreadsheet folks - Why do you keep such a sheet running?

Interested for your insight!

It started as a way to keep track of which vehicle needed servicing, when, (I have 3 cars right now and have had up to 6) and to make it easy to look back and see when I last replaced a failing part without having to search through receipts. I can see for instance how many kms I get from tyres, and that for some reason I go through fan belts (for instance).

So it doesn't take much to add reg wof and insurance on the list.

Its interesting to see how much part and oil prices have changed over the years, and is a useful resource when trying to remember how much something cost, or when it was last done.

I don't bother keeping track of fuel. I have a fuel card for each vehicle so would be easy if I wanted to.

$15000.00 :huh: on boddy kit and suspencion,but ther is only one kit in the world, and i got it :P

bmrmad gets the prize for spelling.....

This should be stickied, and serve as a reminder to people not to fall into the same idiot trap, then look back and realise how many cooler faster cars you could have owned for half the price... Damn some people must be feeling bad

Cooler than an E30, how is that even possible :wacko:

Lots of us do have much newer faster head turners but they are not our pride and joy... check thread title.

Im glad so many of you have spent as much as you do, its helping me justify my own spending ^_^

Wouldn’t dare start adding mine up, wouldn’t be as high as some of you though.

Edited by Apex

$15000.00 :huh: on boddy kit and suspencion,but ther is only one kit in the world, and i got it :P

Lemme guess.. MR2 with a Ferrari lookalike kit? :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by Pjay

Wouldn’t dare start adding mine up, wouldn’t be as high as some of you though.

Dont make me dig up the old thread where you added up what you had spent on the touring!!

Lemme guess.. MR2 with a Ferrari lookalike kit? :rolleyes::lol:

Just a wee click of the search button reveals all Peter.

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=17610

Are you trying to make people laugh Ross?

Edited by Greg.

iWas being a funny guy Mr funny police

Really?

Wow there is some pretty crazy amounts being spent on cars.

I myself dont care to much for speed just as long as it looks good and works haha.

I think since I have had my E36 I have spent about 2 - 3k in the last 8 months doing cosmetic things, leather treatments every month and servicing and buying only OEM parts. Petrol is another story and not to mention the cost on the half body respray which I didnt pay for. I'd proberbly spend another 1k on it before I look at selling her on.

In the 6 months I've owned my 540i:

$1350 wheels and tyres.

$250 on warranty for heater hose splitting at the back of the engine.

$300+ Service (just done on monday still awaiting invoice)

$250 on warranty for intake valve failure (happened on monday - as I was driving in to book my service)

$202.50 to repair a broken wheel from pot holes

$38.99 Headlight bulbs (god damn birds)

$2391.49 TOTAL or $398.58/month

This excludes registration, WOF, petrol etc. Petrol I'd estimate at about $500-600/month

So about $1,000 a month isn't really very good. I bought the car for only a bit more than I'm looking at spending every year on my car.

If I didn't love driving this car as much as I do I'd have sold it. I'm seriously thinking about it now but I just can't bring myself to do it.

atleast $3800 on the E30...and it needs suspension, pre/fl tail lights and afew other things no doubt...all on a $600 car lol worth it eventually!

E36 is upto about $2300

thats all without really thinking about everything and doesnt include purchase price!

WOW :lol:

The amount of digits showing how much I've spent wont fit on this page :(.

This man speaks the truth... bloooody taarbooz