Sign in to follow this  
bravo

How much do you spend on your pride and joy

9 grand since december on the 205 not including purchase costs... and lots more still to spend...

I could put 2.5k into my e30 right now to get it all original - new brakes, muffler, all bushes, all shocks, seats, leaks from engine, leaks from power steering and leak from gearbox, but I don't need to as its still perfectly dailyable and I drive it everyday quote happily :) Thanks god for no WoFs in WA!

You dont have to have a WoF in West Australia?

WTF

Posted Image

Edited by E30ONP

Guest Ari Gold

I try not to think about it.

pretty close to 30K, and before anyone asks, about 6K in wheel sets alone.

I try not to think about it.

pretty close to 30K, and before anyone asks, about 6K in wheel sets alone.

What have you got stashed away wheel wise bro?

on my 325i, will be about 3k to get back onto the road, then another 3k to finish it off

on the racecar, 13k :(

Edited by Jamez

Evo - will be hitting 13 grand thats including the car

and soon to be around 17 grand once interior is all done in about a months time.

by the end of the year i am predicting i would of spent over 2O grand all together on it..

:D worth it :P

I only spent about $1500 on my e30 before I've taken it off the road. And I've easily spent more than that on parts (which are still in my room) on the 200sx.

Before that, I spent about $7k on my e36 before I sold that.

I totalled it all up how much I spent about 6months ago and if I had saved it all, I could be driving a M3 evo, But I'm not :(

My e39, which I have owned since January has cost my parents (gone on, laugh), about 4-5 grand, which was just fixing up stuff.

That doesn't include the petrol bill they recieve each month from my petrol card (last month was $500).

Guest Ari Gold

What have you got stashed away wheel wise bro?

Off the top of my head

BBS LM 087's, BBS RC 300's, BBS RN's 197's, BBS RS 212's, all 17"

16x7/8 Hartge split rims

17x7.5/8.5 OZ Racing AC Schnitzer type 1 split rims.

This should be stickied, and serve as a reminder to people not to fall into the same idiot trap, then look back and realise how many cooler faster cars you could have owned for half the price... Damn some people must be feeling bad

This should be stickied, and serve as a reminder to people not to fall into the same idiot trap, then look back and realise how many cooler faster cars you could have owned for half the price... Damn some people must be feeling bad

I think you should have read some of the posts a bit more clearly. Most of the posters have modified cars, that they chose to spend money on modifications. These are not your everyday type of car and dont reflect what you would expect to spend on maintanence and repairs. As for feeling "bad"..... I don't think many of us do :D

$15000.00 :huh: on boddy kit and suspencion,but ther is only one kit in the world, and i got it :P

Most of the posters have modified cars, that they chose to spend money on modifications. These are not your everyday type of car and dont reflect what you would expect to spend on maintanence and repairs. As for feeling "bad"..... I don't think many of us do :D

Modified cars and racecars are moneys pits... 20 - 30 grand can dissapair stupidly quickly... espically when you need to buy new tools and equipment to work on the car... 

About 6k in the last 8 months on the race car.

Couldve brought a m325i for that price (nearly), but wouldn't have learn't anything about the car, race cars in general or met you lovely people here on BS :)

The m325 is up to $23k at last count ha includes the buying of the car so not to bad

Guest Simon*

The m325 is up to $23k at last count ha includes the buying of the car so not to bad

Ha! And that's the cheap one :)

I think you should have read some of the posts a bit more clearly. Most of the posters have modified cars, that they chose to spend money on modifications. These are not your everyday type of car and dont reflect what you would expect to spend on maintanence and repairs. As for feeling "bad"..... I don't think many of us do :D

In some cases. But take your car for example... without being personal I would rather have used the 30k plus whatever the car cost in the first place, n have an m3, could even get an e46 for that and still have money to do stuff to it, and I think it may turn a few more heads. One of my favorite sayings:

you can make a s**t car good, but it's still a good s**t car...

Some people like to personalise their cars and find that by doing stuff to it they also learn a lot about it. It's not always about speed.

It's also not all about turning heads , i tend to use my personal preference, i dont care what anyone else thinks so long as i enjoy it. , and if it costs more then so be it,

Wow, there is some serious coin being put into some of the cars on here!

Off the top of my head, in the past couple years ive spent approx 3k on some second hand rims, new tires, colour coding bumpers & side skirts, wheel bearings, oil filters, spark plugs, belts etc.

Its amazing how it adds up quite quickly. Luckily ive been able to get "mates rates" on a lot of these items otherwise it could have easily been double that.

Under no circumstances will I keep a spreadsheet and keeping track of $50 worth of petrol every 2-3 weeks is a bit anal.

In some cases. But take your car for example... without being personal I would rather have used the 30k plus whatever the car cost in the first place, n have an m3, could even get an e46 for that and still have money to do stuff to it, and I think it may turn a few more heads. One of my favorite sayings:

you can make a s**t car good, but it's still a good s**t car...

Each to their own likes & dislikes. I enjoy having a one off thats quite a bit different. I dont want a M3 or an E46