Sign in to follow this  
Livi

Opinions needed please

So I am going shopping this Saturday before i go to D1NZ....and I am shopping.....for shoes!!! for the beamer :P

Opinions and pics of what mags would suit my car would be much appreciated as I dont know what I should get!

post-4161-1241063323_thumb.jpg

17" bbs will do.

all depends on the budget tho.

put the fog lights on the list.

Awesome thanks guys! I will go around a few places , but black with dish is doing it for me at the moment...but who knows :P

I'll have a look at all the wheels suggested! hopefully I will find the perfect ones :D

decided I am not going with 19s too big so maybe 18's or 17's what do you all think? what size?

Black

Wide

Dish

Stretch

=

WIN

=

YES!

Maybe some decent springs and/or a cert if you plan on keeping that low.

ooooohhhhh I like spending peoples money :D

Have a look at what other people have done. I know its not very original but it gives you an idea of whats hot and whats not. Helps with the confusing process.

Probably not what the majority think but I reckon go for 17's. For many reasons like cheaper tires, no scraping etc etc

To help you out ive attached a pic of mine on 17's with low king springs. Maybe not your cup of tea, but each to their own.

Good luck

post-1591-1241071497_thumb.jpg

Edited by 3 SERIES

17's are always a good size.

Try http://www.modmyride.com/ and check with different sizes to get a rough idea of what they may look like.

Maybe some decent springs and/or a cert if you plan on keeping that low.

I do believe it is just legal I will have to get tape measure out. To be honest i Quiet like the springs which are in it at the moment , yes its fricken low and it could be a bit higher , but theyre not doing any harm , and no bouncyness which i like about them . Ill see how the springs go with the new wheels.

Yes i do need a new badge :P its got a charity cruise sticker over the top at the moment :lol: I shall see if i can get one on Saturday :P

Spotlights...yes I need some of those too , oh gosh i do believe evo may have to wait a bit longer :P Shes starting to feel really left out :P

arr so many choices of wheels im going to have to try all of them on :D^_^

BBS, AC, Work, SSR, genuine M wheels = YES

Advanti, TSW, "Drift" style rims, = NO

Talk to Zeniti on the forums. He has some nice replica wheels to suite BMW's.

Oh and I am sure the others have already mentioned this. But at that height your shocks will be near bump stops. Once E36 shocks start hitting the stops or bottoming out if you have removed the stops then they die very very quickly.

They need to be shortened at that height to still make them function the way they were designed.

Edited by driftit

Depends what look you want?

Quick search on tardme for cheap wheels reveals:

Option 1

Holy sh*t I'm glad I'm not 5 stud sometimes. Too many wheels to buy.

Those BBS RC's look trashed.

Still hot tho as they have the centre caps.

Repowder-coat in gunmetal silver and that would look tits.

I reckon dish for your e36

Not chrome,

Black dish

Ultimately, you need to decide how much you want to spend.

There are plenty of cheap 16 and 17" genuine BMW wheels out of there. Those who upgrade to chromies and the like often sell there genuine BMW wheels on TradeMe cheaply (to meet the next mag shop HP payment?) When I had my 325i E36 I picked up some nice M-Sports 16's with tyres for under $400. The guy that sold them to me dropped them off in his '97 318is with horrid 19" chromes.

If you don't want to spend much dosh, something like this (there are probably better options out there, but I'm too lazy to look) will lift your car immensely. Quite a smart move as people who spend $2k+ on wheels are unlikely to recover it when it comes to selling time.

I like these

post-3878-1241076634_thumb.jpg

^^ Horrid *shudder*

I dont know why people rave about black dish wheels with a chrome lip. They dont look good on every car they are put on!

Agree with DRTDVL about them being the new chrome. Wait a couple years and theyll be out.

Crockett, youre onto it. Thats exactly the way I think of things!