Sign in to follow this  
3 SERIES

1986 E30 325 Motorsport

Saw this on trade me a few days ago.

Just wondering if anyones been to look at it or even know anything about it?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=215677583

Judging by the one pic it looks fairly tidy.

Am I correct in thinking the asking price is a little on the steep side? I know what they were worth a year or two ago but in todays current market I dont know.

Comments appreciated.

Cheers

Brett

Edited by 3 SERIES

Its on the steep side for the amount of info given! Jeez. You wonder if some people really want to sell a car.

Its on the steep side for the amount of info given! Jeez. You wonder if some people really want to sell a car.

Exactly what I thought!

If there was a bit more info on the car it would tempt me a little bit more. I just cant be bothered calling the guy to ask 1001 questions.

Hmmm... Carjam doesn't report it as an (m) like they do with others (prob just ltsa slackness). Or because it was a pom import? Engine number unknown aswell....hmmm

^^ Interesting

Any known problems or things to look out for with a UK import?

At one stage, in 07 it didnt have a wof for over a year. Does not seem likes its had a lot of use in the last 5 or so years judging by the miles

Edited by 3 SERIES

One thing to watch on UK imports - RUST! If miles were low when it was brought in then it might have been stored up over winter, if not, exposure to salt from the roads might have caused a few issues.

Engine is listed on TM as 2.7, not 2.5, so may have had engine swap which could explain the lack of engine details on Carjam also.

Looks pretty mint in the one (???) photo, but still a little steep with those miles on it in my book.

Have had experience with 3x cars from England:

1) 1978 Jag - rusty. Not really anyone's fault - it was an old Jag

2) 1984 BMW e30 - rusty. No wait, very rusty. Panels, bolts, everything. Was JiB's parts car, and written off because of ... rust.

3) 1986 Pug 205 - rusty. No wait, very rusty. Actually that's not fair - the panels were ok. Every nut and bolt on the undercarriage was rusted to buggery. It makes them a pain in the arse to work on.

So I'd check for rust...

Edited by CamB

2) 1984 BMW e30 - rusty. No wait, very rusty. Panels, bolts, everything. Was JiB's parts car, and written off because of ... rust.

Chassis rails were pinchable in one or two spots. That rusty.

Well I gave in and emailed the guy. Just received an email back from him. Looks to have a 2.7l. Not really up with the play as to what it would have come out of.

Here is some details from his reply:

"Car is from the UK. Owned car around 7years, selling only for financial reasons. Car is mechanicaly mint, approx $8000 spent on engine. Only just run in. Various updates done, 2.7 litres, 9lb off flywheel ballanced, 3 angle cut valves ports alligned, m3 suspension bushes for neg camber, Body 9-10, no wear tear on interior. All usual motorsport features bilsteins etc hope this helps its one of the better ones."

Hmmmm, probably fiddled with a bit too much for my liking.

Edited by 3 SERIES

Well I gave in and emailed the guy. Just received an email back from him. Looks to have a 2.7l. Not really up with the play as to what it would have come out of.

Here is some details from his reply:

"Car is from the UK. Owned car around 7years, selling only for financial reasons. Car is mechanicaly mint, approx $8000 spent on engine. Only just run in. Various updates done, 2.7 litres, 9lb off flywheel ballanced, 3 angle cut valves ports alligned, m3 suspension bushes for neg camber, Body 9-10, no wear tear on interior. All usual motorsport features bilsteins etc hope this helps its one of the better ones."

Hmmmm, probably fiddled with a bit too much for my liking.

Sif! Whats wrong with that fiddling?

I want genuine. I should refrase that I want the bits that it had when it rolled out of the factory door

I want genuine. I should refrase that I want the bits that it had when it rolled out of the factory door

Then buy mine! Absolutely as it rolled out of the factory door!

Then buy mine! Absolutely as it rolled out of the factory door!

Still for sale I take it Stephen? I was very very tempted at the Peka Peka meet a few months back.

Needs a Tech 2 kit to draw me closer :)

haha that's barely fiddled with, don't be such a girl. it should drive a lot better with the work done.

having said that, I would be very very very very very careful with Rust on UK E30 - salt + e30s do not mix well

Can't you simply get the VIN checked at BMW to confirm its a Msport?

Still for sale I take it Stephen? I was very very tempted at the Peka Peka meet a few months back.

Needs a Tech 2 kit to draw me closer :)

It is not "for sale" as such - but with the Baur now ready to be my weekend car I just cannot justify having 3 E30's.

I just keep finding excuses to keep it...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=218382294

Stumbled on this today, hopefully going to see it in the weekend.

Which would you guys take.. both similar price range, then again both are fairly "up there" asking prices imo.