Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

New Mufty Car on Southern Motorway

Saw it yesterday coming back from the air port. A new, black Nissan Patrol with roof racks. They had pulled up a ricer, looked quite impressive with all its lights flashing. Didnt have my camera :( Any one else seen it ?

yup, theres also a couple of blue nissian maxmas and a gold honda accord that are being used for muffty atm

Guest Simon*

Saw it yesterday coming back from the air port. A new, black Nissan Patrol with roof racks. They had pulled up a ricer, looked quite impressive with all its lights flashing. Didnt have my camera :( Any one else seen it ?

Glenn the Patrols with roofracks are STG's wagons (Special Tactics Group), the Police Antiterrorist squad - they're like their "Super AOS". The command vehicles are black Suburbans (Huuuuuge wank factor) and the troopers have patrols. No prizes for guessing who they modelled themselves on ;)

Someone must have done something REALLY stupid for them to bother putting the lights on and stopping them

Glenn the Patrols with roofracks are STG's wagons (Special Tactics Group), the Police Antiterrorist squad - they're like their "Super AOS". The command vehicles are black Suburbans (Huuuuuge wank factor) and the troopers have patrols. No prizes for guessing who they modelled themselves on ;)

Someone must have done something REALLY stupid for them to bother putting the lights on and stopping them

Old patrol

Posted Image

New patrol

Posted Image

Edited by OSiRiS

The guys they pulled up did have a "look" about them

Surprised they dont have 50 calliber's mounted on them :rolleyes:

Re: old patrol - Try giving your mates a ride like that and see how far you get!

Re: bravo

They do that all the time out in kaipara

like literally they do

Edited by jordy

i saw a white toyota hiace made to look like a painters van roof-racks ladder and drop cloth hanging over the side parked on Remuera rd a few weeks ago had a speed camera looking threw the rear window, i had to turn around for another look just to be sure!

Saw a brand new Ute in howick the other day. All dressed up in highway patrol colors.

Pretty sure it was a new shape Navara.

Saw a brand new Ute in howick the other day. All dressed up in highway patrol colors.

Pretty sure it was a new shape Navara.

They use them in the CNI area.

Yeah i saw this black patrol yesterday afternoon w/ all black tints, didnt look like a normal cop to me. The guy (cop) was wearing all black too.. hmm

Saw this to!! Random sh*t!! Couldn't believe my eyes!!

Guest Simon*

yup, theres also a couple of blue nissian maxmas and a gold honda accord that are being used for muffty atm

Here in Napier there's at least 2 new VE Commodore SV6's (Orange and a Blue one), A new Blue Maxima and a silver Honda Accord Euro all as mufti traffic cops.

i saw a white toyota hiace made to look like a painters van roof-racks ladder and drop cloth hanging over the side parked on Remuera rd a few weeks ago had a speed camera looking threw the rear window, i had to turn around for another look just to be sure!

I did hear about them wanting to change the fleet of speed camera wagons, but I thought it was just an upgrade of the L300 Vans - have they gone super-sneaky like this one too?

Should be pretty easy to spot those, too many vans just break down these days but ive never seen a previa at the side of the road..

They should be new Toyota Previas.

Posted Image

One of the new Toyota Previa wagons the police will use to carry speed cameras.

I saw one parked up down SH 1 to Hamilton. Big Fail. Way more obvious than the old vans.

Should be pretty easy to spot those, too many vans just break down these days but ive never seen a previa at the side of the road..

This ad;

I saw one parked up down SH 1 to Hamilton. Big Fail. Way more obvious than the old vans.

Did it make you slow down? If so, then it worked. Not fail.

Actually, the new priveas blend in really well outside schools etc which is where I see camera vans most of the time, as they ticket you even at 55kph outside schools. Looks like like a soccer moms van :P Theres one out west I've seen a few times, it does its rounds and has a few usual spots,

Speaking of mufftys I spotted a brand new silver KIA something believe it or not!!

Edited by Riley

Speaking of mufftys I spotted a brand new silver KIA something believe it or not!!

Yeah I can believe that. I was just south of the Bombays when I saw some poor schmuck get pulled over by a Hyundai Sonata mufti car. Educational...

I've seen a toyota aurion also. Wish they just stuck with the Holdens, would be much easier to pick.

Yeah. No plate surrounds, steel wheels, an LPG sticker and you could usually see the lights. Picking the Holdens was cake. These new ones... not so much