Sign in to follow this  
bravo

There goes my $19/doz Becks

From what I have seen here in South Auckland, those that abuse alcohol tend to buy the cheaper brands of beer like Kiwi Lager, Ranfurley etc. Not my taste but it's usually high alcohol content foul tasting cheap crap that the local drunks drink.

The beer that the supermarkets discount are usually the premium brands that aren't popular among the members of our lower socio-economic community.

I'm inclined to agree with this and think that it is a very good point

Corona, Haagen or Hoegaarden (If I am pissing money).

Tis a shame, but as Grant said, I always go quality over quantity.

young, dumb and drink to get drunk

+1, Haha.

Not my taste but it's usually high alcohol content foul tasting cheap crap that the local drunks drink.

Dough Bro'z (Double Browns) haha. Cheap & Taste like crap. Edited by Poontangsquibble

Guest Ari Gold

Whatevers in the fridge. I spent to long being a beer snob to worry about it now.

If I'm going to be buying premium of anything, it will be an Islay or a speyside single malt.

When I was working full time, I developed a taste for Kroenburg which is $18 a half dozen, on special. It was fantastic for lazy Sunday's or to start the night. Now I'm a student and Speights doesn't quite taste the same, still good though but its in always in the back of my mind what I could be drinking.

Personally I blame woodstock and all those shithouse tasting bourbons for a lot of the problems. You always see "those types" drinking it. Pretty sure they don't sell it at supermarkets though.

Demand for alcohol is very inelastic, so increasing the price wont have that much of an effect on the amount people buy.

And Lion Red for my quantity beer/when theres nothing else in the fridge. Ive been known to resort to Double brown also, in fact my Yardie was DB. All the other beer was gone :'(

Cask wine is my quantity beer :D. $16 for 30 standard drinks... super cheap piss

Dough Bro'z (Double Browns) haha. Cheap & Taste like crap.

Everyone says that but it's not that bad! $20 for 20 cans, cant complain. For price/alcohol quantity/taste, Steinlager is always a winner though

Carlton cold is pretty mint, 6 pack for $9 and there's about 8.4 standard drinks. Tastes pretty good too.

Cask wine is my quantity beer :D. $16 for 30 standard drinks... super cheap piss

WOOO! goon bags! haha mix with a bit of L&P and your away.

Nothings better than a cold Corona in the sun

Heineken or Corona.I dont associate beer and Supermarket,and i dont give a S&^t what it costs.Sometimes i will buy some beer i havent seen before just to see....it might turn out to be my new favourite.

Heineken or Corona. Sometimes i will buy some beer i havent seen before just to see....it might turn out to be my new favourite.

Basically my thoughts..

Just drink Flame if im feeling tight in the pocket :P

WOOO! goon bags! haha mix with a bit of L&P and your away.

L&P + Cask Wine? Raaaannkk.

L&P is the best drink ever though.

Edited by Poontangsquibble

I've been a VB drinker for years and I pay $34.00 for two dozen stubbies at my local liquor store.

I was surprised last week when my family from Australia were over here, and my son-in-law told me that a slab of VB in Sydney costs around $40.00 Australian which is about $47.50 New Zealand.

How can the Aussies ship this beer over the ditch and sell it cheaper here that in Australia?

Tax

It shocked me when I came here from Oz thinking "I'll never be able to get VB" :o

And then finding it cheaper than home (Victoria)!!!

mmm... might have one now.

Ever looked for it on a Tuesday night at your local supermarket?? Its always sold out. Gotta love “public welfare†poor buggers, must be hard getting paid to get pissed every day.

Cast wine bags make awesome noises when over inflated and run over with a car.

Heineken or Corona.I dont associate beer and Supermarket,and i dont give a S&^t what it costs.Sometimes i will buy some beer i havent seen before just to see....it might turn out to be my new favourite.

TBH I’ll drink anything that’s reasonably premium and on sale. Beer is beer to me, I know what to avoid through trial end eror but all in all there are pleanty of goodies out there! Have a fully stocked bar if I want a tasty drink.

Edited by Apex

Thats why i like drinking at the junior ranks bar on base.

woodstocks are $2.10, can of tui are like $1.20 a bottle or like $3.50 a jug, and the prices are that cheap for everything they stock :D

percs of being in the military :D

Hmmm tiger... Yum

Yeah, I've been on them while they're on special.

Thats why i like drinking at the junior ranks bar on base.

woodstocks are $2.10, can of tui are like $1.20 a bottle or like $3.50 a jug, and the prices are that cheap for everything they stock :D

perks of being in the military :D

+1 to that. Ive never been able to get pissed so on $30 in a bar except in Devo or Palmy. Just had to be careful with long hair like I used to have, makes it obvious you're a Civi!

Drinking Crazy Mexicans last night. I'm the only one I know that seems to really like em. Ah well, more for me.

became very accustomed to tiger whilst in se asia. Has to be on special for me to buy it though, it was bloody cheap over there.