Sign in to follow this  
Sammy J

E30 SE v8 conversion

Yeah, not worried about actually doing it, More pissed I have to stick some NZ backyard certifier bodgy mod on the car to please some tick box. Specailly when im using an e30 m3 grp-a drive shaft.

Hey Sam open up the container and have a look under my car, just copy my DS hoops

hey bro, cheers for that i will defiantly do that, makes it easier than thinking it out myself haha!

Good news Riley and others interested, the brakes that i have on my car with the brakets i had made fit with rileys deep dish rim no worries

Edited by Sammy J

Yeah those Wilwoods are known for their spoke clearance. Just need rims bigger than 15in sadly :D

i would really love to but i feel i could be tempting fate, with a relatively new car etc and wanna get some track tires :D you boys thing i should come?

^ I think you just laid out a massive rhetorical question there :P

Edited by Forrest

Whats it worth for those tires Paul C was talking about fitted then taken off again... And entry.

As im really strapped for cash right now and wont be working much between now and then because of exams

Haha true true, next project e30 isnt going to be a v8 :ph34r:

Im so tempted to sign up for it i really am

ohh Exams you say, I didnt do mine last year(Y13) already think I should have tried for level 3, concentrate on them...worth it in the long run bro, wise words of Bimmersport coming out today

Argh Sam

your a smart guy you can study for exams and still come to the track day,

even if you don't run your car IT HAS TO BE THERE

Haha true true, next project e30 isnt going to be a v8 :ph34r:

It would be ok if it was a Mid-mounted V8. But back off! That's my future project :D

If your car isn't perfect by the time of the track day you could just bring that 7 no?

mm i like the sounds of that! ill leave it to you it sounds like an engineering masterpiece.

Yeah i sure could but its 470hp at the wheels soooo yeah. lol

FD's are amazing, especially yours haha. But I'm sure you are gunning to get that E30 out there.

+1 post count.

Thanks mate, ill see if i can take the 7 out depends what condition it comes back from targa in.

Are you driving in the Targa at all?

Oh god I lust to do the Targa some day.

Nah not driving in it this year. have exams and stuff to do unfortunatly.

Good news! Car passed cert yesterday with flying colors, will be getting the plate late next week then she will be all legal begal. had to replace a few maintanince things for wof but nothing to major.

Im pretty stoked. Put the new clear lights on and looks fantastic, also put my iS lip and 340i badge too :D

once i have it on the road ill give it a really good clean and put some decent pics up.

Nah not driving in it this year. have exams and stuff to do unfortunatly.

Good news! Car passed cert yesterday with flying colors, will be getting the plate late next week then she will be all legal begal. had to replace a few maintanince things for wof but nothing to major.

Im pretty stoked. Put the new clear lights on and looks fantastic, also put my iS lip and 340i badge too :D

once i have it on the road ill give it a really good clean and put some decent pics up.

thats great news .

did you manage to sort the clutch slip ??

Congrats with the Cert Sam, am booked in for my car's re-check first thing Monday 02/11. Am pretty confident we'll get it this time_ wish me luck anyways :thumb:

You must be stoked, looks and sounds like a beast, can't wait to see it.

thats great news .

did you manage to sort the clutch slip ??

cheers mate, and yep the clutch slip is fixed, just bleed it up again an no worries.

Pretty happy with the whole thing to be honest. Hurry up cert plate! itching to go for a real drive