Sign in to follow this  
brockie123

e30 bbs

this is my e30. 1988 manual 320i with bbs kit all round and 16" bbs rs wheels... wanting to do a 2.7 conversion

but i'm a student and am going to have to wait..

Anyway i'm posting to get views and ideas from people on it looks wise.

at the moment i'm just planning on tidying it up e.g refurb wheels, straighten it right up, maybe respray.. in the distant future.

p.s if pics turn out bad they are off my phone. if you want any more pics of like the back or anything just ask i'll go take some.. on a camera ;)

post-3996-1242117267_thumb.jpg

post-3996-1242117343_thumb.jpg

post-3996-1242117609_thumb.jpg

post-3996-1242117630_thumb.jpg

Hey nice e30 mate

I cant really tell from the pics but have you thought of shadowlining the chrome ? or do you want to keep it?

have a look at my e30 in the showroom to see if you like it, i think we have the same colour Royal Metallic Blue ?

Cheers

Andrew

Glad you posted up some pics mate. This looked mean at the meet.

PS: is the that pic in the car park at Riccarton Mall?

Hey nice e30 mate

I cant really tell from the pics but have you thought of shadowlining the chrome ? or do you want to keep it?

have a look at my e30 in the showroom to see if you like it, i think we have the same colour Royal Metallic Blue ?

Cheers

Andrew

hey mate.. i wasn't really sure if i should change the chrome round the windows.. i thought about it and saw marks at the meet in chch and his looked really good.. i dunno.. i definetly will consider it.. what do you think?

yours looks really good. so straight.. nice car and the shadowlining looks awesome. pretty keen now, thanks mate

and yeah gaz it is haha :)

Edited by brockie123

I reckon you should shadow the chrome. If your unsure, black electrical tape. If you don't like it, peel it off and its chrome again ;)

I reckon you should shadow the chrome. If your unsure, black electrical tape. If you don't like it, peel it off and its chrome again ;)

that's a good idea I'll try do it this evening and post some pics if i have time cheers

Posted Image

I love this car as well, I spotted it outside the botanical gardens one morning and had to stop for a good look. Its got some cool bit on it thats for sure!! What a base to start from as well, you have all the bits everyone wants lol

but the chrome matches the wheels :)

good point Jamez I'm so undecided!! haha

since then Riley i waxed it and it came up far better. changed the colour completely. can't wait to start making it into what i want. not a student for too much longer! in late June I'll be looking for an apprenticeship.

Posted Image

This car has the potential to be one of the best e30s in NZ if done right

wow thanks Riley!

Well it's gonna take a lot of time and effort and after I've finished my course is CPIT I'll be looking for an apprenticeship as a mechanic so that will finally give me some money to spend on the car! but it certainly has a long list! I'm keeping it m20 and the interior really needs seeing too. I think for me engine is best for later so i can do the whole 2.7 build myself, and save money for panel and paint. but i think for now i need to refurb those RS's. anywhere anyone would recommend? i can scrub together a grand off the government from course related costs.. way i see it that car gets me to course so refurbing wheels is course related.....? :unsure:

Elite wheels are good and in Chch, i think Riley had his AC's done there, best to again talk to him about prices etc.

Elite wheels are good and in Chch, i think Riley had his AC's done there, best to again talk to him about prices etc.

Yip Elite are very good at what they do and charge accordingly. If it was me id take them apart myself and take them in there (Save some time and $$). What width are they by the way?

they are 205 i wouldn't mind wider but i really don't wanna change them from original.

I'll take them in there for a quote. yeah that'd save me money? i'll try but it don't look like they been apart since they were made so might be a bit of a struggle.

I'm gonna refurb my wheels at some point... will do them myself to save money. I've been reading that it can take a good 10 hours of work per wheel! Oh well.

Wheels are a good thing to start on though.... clean wheels make a car look fantastic, even if the rest isn't perfect.

how are you doing them yourself? i think i'll take them to elite if i get some spare time at some stage and get a quote and get my grand off the goverment.

Went passed you on Glandovey Road on Saturday afternoon. Looks oh so mean rolling

hahah i know that car, I brought ur dads e30

do you own BAE now? that car is cool! exhaust sounds so nice on it.

did you gaz? i must have been on my way to or from ruapuna, my friend had hired the track out. was pretty cool to go watch some of the nice cars out.. but no BMW's :( i took mine out.. although being pretty standard engine wise.. wasn't the best fun. but still nice to see how it went.

hahahahah yeah bae such a sick number plate, yeah the exhaust does make it sound sick ae still gotta lower it abit and a few minor touches

yeah it does sit a bit high.. but don't all pre face lifts it'l look really nice and sit well lowred.. but defiantly a nice example of a NZ new e30 manual 320 pre face lift.. and certainly quick for a 2litre.

I'm gonna refurb my wheels at some point... will do them myself to save money. I've been reading that it can take a good 10 hours of work per wheel! Oh well.

Wheels are a good thing to start on though.... clean wheels make a car look fantastic, even if the rest isn't perfect.

Mark: Are your wheels 3 piece? If you refurb them at some point were you thinking about going wider? If you we're I could be keen to get some parts also, could work out cheaper.