Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

BMW X6 xDrive50i Ambulance concept will rescue you with style and powe

Posted Image

BMW has created an unusual X6 concept that could be adapted for use as an ambulance. BMW will be showcasing the X6 xDrive50i Ambulance concept at the RETTmobil rescue and mobility vehicle show in Fulda, Germany.

Power comes from a 4.2L V8 twin-turbo making 400-hp allowing those in a rush to get from 0 to 62 mph in 5.4 seconds with a top speed of 155 mph.

The concept contains all the medical equipment found in a normal ambulance and has side camera in the bumpers, a rear-view camera and flashing blue LEDs.

Honestly, we would love to be rescued by the X6 xDrive50i Ambulance; although, the lack of space concerns us.

BMW X6 xDrive Ambulance Concept:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Would be good for out of town work like Rural.. that thing would go anywhere and get patients to the hospital fast!

Bet the Ambo drivers would be calling short straws on this one.

lol where are ya gonna put the stretcher

Wtf. Why is it so small, medics wont be able to treat people in the back.

its a fast response vehicle really,the ambulance itself follows,like the pajeros etc here

I call bullshit. You can't tend to a patient properly crouched in the back of an SUV. They already have full-sized ambos with some off-road capability. Anywhere they can't go is too rough to transfer a patient anyway and they'll use a chopper.

Could do a similar job to what the Ambulance Lamborghini Gallardo's did/do transporting hearts etc..