Sign in to follow this  
shaneg

Hey guys

New guy here..

Just bought a 92 e32 735i a month ago, been on here reading old posts the last few weeks..

Bought it as my daily, well, my once every ten days daily..

Currently im working on milford sound, way way in the wops.. and drive through to dunedin every ten days for my four day weekend.. and will be driving it to auckland in August, as im moving back up there for six months then down to dunedin again in jan.. so hopefully it is still alive by then.

Cars in good condition, its Sterlingsilber Metalic, full suspension (shock and springs) overhaul by previous owner, still all factory insides, so will be getting some sounds installed this weekend hopefully.

2 or 3 small dings in the body, but not noticeable unless you know they are there..

Also has the infamour 80km shimmy, took the rims off and it has a small spacer on the centre hub, so i take it that its my control arms?? is its worst when i brake from 90-75km especially downhill..

Also what used to be in my boot?? left hand side behind the removable insert, looks like a cd changer as there are a few cables sitting there but the stereo hasnt got anything saying cd select or next track..

will put pics up soon..

Heya man welcome to the forums

The cords in the recess in your boot are most likely a cd changer or where the nav conputer was

Welcome to BS

Cheers, thought so, just wanted to check.. thought it was weird to be hidden behind an insert..

Nice car, i was looking at an E46 330ci but going to uni next year so it will have to wait..

You wearing chef whites?? im a chef too, ha

Hey man welcome! No doubt you will enjoy your time here with such a lovely bunch, loads of information and friendly meets ;)

p.s. compulsory pics FTW! :P

Edited by Boost Junky

Haha yeap thats a tad old now Havn't worn them for about 6 months now though lol, I'll be attending AUT's culinary course next semester so they'll get a dusting off.

welcome

Welcome.

Spacer on the hub and probably hubcentric rings for the rims. Control arms are the boomerang shaped pieces. . Is the head deck after market?, the cd changer might not be compilable.

Welcome.

Spacer on the hub and probably hubcentric rings for the rims. Control arms are the boomerang shaped pieces. . Is the head deck after market?, the cd changer might not be compilable.

Sweet, yeah i know what the control arms are, what i meant was the problem with the vibration is probably the control arm and not the absence of the ring..

Anyone have a pic of the rings??

Also the head deck is the original, weird someone would take the cd changer and amp out..

Here is a couple of pics

post-4350-1242515150_thumb.jpg

post-4350-1242515624_thumb.jpg

Sick icy mountain picture!

Sick icy mountain picture!

dont know if any of you have been there, but that is the end of the homer tunnel, milford is way down the bottom, through the mist..

will be a spaec for teh factory 10 chanel amp .

like this

my e34 was missing one or not fitted so refitted it all back up , nice sounding factory system .

yeah it sounds pretty good, ive just been using an mp3 player plugged into an old tape car kit, found a "Pudney one at noel leeming", and the speakers do quite a good job for factory stuff..

Yea I've been to milford sound its the best place I've ever went to in NZ! It must be gnarly driving that road every day? Welcome to bs anyway :)