Sign in to follow this  
wellyd

Bushes for E30

Hi folks....love this place, have found it really useful. Question time. Need new suspension bushes for a e30 320. Seems from what I have read the nolathene bushes are the way to go. While I do not wish to compromise to much on quality I was just curious as to the price of these over other options?

Also where/who is the best place to buy bushes from. Found a couple listed here in Welly in the old Yellow pages, but am always keen to draw on the knowledge of those that have gone before me!

Cheers

David

Edited by wellyd

I had the normal ones replaced in January buy Manukau Auto & tyre centre, this is what they charged me. They purchase them from Autoline so you could probably save a few bob if you go direct.

Rear sway bar links $97+GST

Nolithane link inserts $29.05+GST

Rear sway bar mount bushes $42.92+GST

Front sway bar Bushes $42.92+GST

Front sway bar mount bushes $42.92+GST

Lower Control arm bushes $204.38

Well worth it in my opinion, they do slightly compromise ride but the improvement justifies that.

If you doing the whole lot you probably pay to do the subframe bushings as probably fairly worn and possibly the trailing arms if you can.

Edited by Eagle

whats the difference between the two ?

i've had some poly ones and it made the world of a differance in terms of steering response & drivability.

How much did it set you back ? im looking at orders some powerflex ones any good ? seems to be cheaper than the ones here as well

I'm running the powerflex ones. They were highly recommended to me by overseas e30 modders, and they have been great. They aren't the cheapest, but there is a nz distributor, so at least you can get them locally and they are a really really good product.

Yer you can get offset m3 bushes from powerflex.co.uk do you think i could order straight off there or have to find distributors ?

Does anyone know how much a full kit costs from them ?

Old prices, but shouldn't be much different now:

PFF5-301 ( 2 per car ) $48.00 + GST each x 2 = $96.00 + GST = $108.00

PFF5-302-19 ( 2 per car ) $39.00 + GST each x 2 = $78.00 + GST = $87.75

PFR5-305 (2 per car ) $81.00 + GST each x 2 = $162.00 + GST = $182.25

PFR5-306 ( 4 per car- 2 x inner 2 x outer) $57.00 + GST each x 4 = $228.00 + GST = $256.50

PFR5-308-12 ( 2 per car ) $39.00 + GST each x 2 = $78.00 + GST = $87.50

PFR5-300 ( 1 per car ) $60.00 + GST = $67.50

I just ordered a set of Powerflex Rear Subframe Bushes & Diff Bush in race durometer for a mate. US$230 delivered, and they have all the rest of the Powerflex components available: Control Arm Bushes (offset and original), Sway Bar Bushes, Gearbox Mounts, Engine Mounts, Trailing Arm Bushes etc. Great bunch of guys to deal with, and very knowledgeable. I've bought several thousands of dollars of gear off them in the past.

I just ordered a set of Powerflex Rear Subframe Bushes & Diff Bush in race durometer for a mate. US$230 delivered, and they have all the rest of the Powerflex components available: Control Arm Bushes (offset and original), Sway Bar Bushes, Gearbox Mounts, Engine Mounts, Trailing Arm Bushes etc. Great bunch of guys to deal with, and very knowledgeable. I've bought several thousands of dollars of gear off them in the past.

Sorry man, it's been a long day, but I cannot see from this who you ordered from? Cheers