Sign in to follow this  
jjs

Attn: Aucklanders! Help me find a good BYO restaurant

Can anyone recommend a good BYO restaurant? End up going to Thai restaurants in Ponsonby every Saturday night... Need to find something different. In either the CBD, Parnell, Mt Eden, Kingsland or Ponsonby. Cheers for your help!

Been to Chow on the corner of Parkenham and Sturdee in town?

Its mint. Not 100% on the BYO though.

http://www.chow.co.nz/

Or if you like Indian there is Raviz in Mission Bay.

Plenty in Mission Bay though.

How about Bodrum in Newmarket? Just off the bottom of Khyber Pass on Osborne Street. Nice relaxed atmosphere and good food. <EDIT> (Oh, and it's pretty easy to find a free street park in the evenings around there, too!)

Edited by tsamb

My favorite BYO close to town is Da Sette Soldi, they have an awesome atmosphere not quite as good Gina’s but IMO the food is better, there Veil Masala is f**king awesome.

There menu is also fussy people and child friendly, so you can BYO quality bottle of wine and eat good food whilst your fussy unimaginative friends order a Hawaiian Pizza and drink Heineken.

http://yellow.co.nz/companies/Restaurants/...98542_1403.html

Might head there now for a Pizza :P

Frankies on Jervois Rd, the old Red, run by the same guy. Good food, reasonable prices and BYO.

a few goodies on the shore ... if you don't eat pork .... <_<

Kingsland.... Neighbourhood Bar, friends of mine own it, and i consulted on the menu

Ponsonby.... Rocco, dont know if its byo, but used to be good as i worked there for a bit

Parnell... St Tropez is good if you like French food and i worked here also, or Non Solo Pizza is also good

CBD... Rice, Sale Street, Northern Steamship, i wrote their menu and helped build it.

and of course Tanukis Cave.

There are a few more but if you visit either menumania.co.nz the majority of restaurants are on there..

I used to stick to places i worked at or other restaurants owned by the same owners, or my friends worked at, as i always got "looked after" perks of the hospo trade i guess..

My favorite BYO close to town is Da Sette Soldi, they have an awesome atmosphere

+ 1

Been going to Da Sette since I was bout 7 years old, used to belong to a mates grandad & last time I saw him he reminded me of how long I've been going there..................lol

Still drop in when up in Akl.............love the canelonie & pizza bread

Small country hey...........

If you want to go to the burb's great little italian at the very end of Kohi, right at end of shops.......forget name for now but will look it up...........great food, great vibe & sitting out the front on summer evening hard to beat !!