Sign in to follow this  
laadeelaa

Lady525=House Raxed.

Hey guys,

Not too happy about the end of my weekend. Recieved a phone call whilst driving back from Tauranga from one of my flatmates.

She had got home, to find our house open, with several items stolen, our rooms turned upside down, particularily mine??...and my laptop, which I use regularily for the use of writing essays for Uni and to go on BS, snapped in half, literally.

Emily is a little angry, and paranoid/scared.

I can't understand why people do it? Go into peoples houses, steal their stuff, and leave laughing. God, don't they consider that people work hard for their possesions.

I have no respect, what so ever, for those people who are thieves. It saddens me. :unsure:

Wow, sorry to hear that...

The fact that they would rather snap your laptop in half than steal it makes me wonder a bit though...

Whats up with that!?

The fact that they would rather snap your laptop in half than steal it makes me wonder a bit though...

Whats up with that!?

Not sure, a bit weird aye, and they ripped out the power cord, like with so much force that the end part that plugs in, is still in the hole...and the cord has like ripped apart from it.

+1

Thats so f**ked up... How could you do that to somebody's home. Lowlifes..

Also sorry to hear that Emily.

I have heard of a few similar cases lately of just stupid wilful damage rather than stealing etc.

One of my mates car was parked at the train station. She came back to find the car, all it's windows smashed, the headunit removed, and every panel damaged and dented after they threw rocks at it. They even left their cans of coke inside the car so they must be little teens/sh*ts.

Makes you wonder why they just didn't steal the car and instead left a potentially worthless car just sitting there damaged, just out to have a laugh I guess.

Hope you get it sorted :)

thats some retarded s*it, normally they just steal stuff, but breaking stuff is taking it to the next level.

guessing they snapped in half when they found it was passworded?

goodluck on sorting it out

thats some retarded s*it, normally they just steal stuff, but breaking stuff is taking it to the next level.

guessing they snapped in half when they found it was passworded?

goodluck on sorting it out

Probably disgusted by my desktop picture I had (bmws).

Oh well, as long as they don't come back or touch my car, if they touched my car, I don't know what I'd do.

Pull the harddrive out of your laptop and you should be able to throw it into anouther pc or into an external case to get the data off it.

Ugh thats disgusting. I hope something good happens after all that.

Have you pissed anyone off lately? Sounds more like revenge on you more than petty theft.

Many years ago a friend of mine pissed off a stalker of hers. He broke into her house. Ransacked her room then started making threats to her.

Make sure you involve the Police just incase.

Ugh thats disgusting. I hope something good happens after all that.

Me too! A free new laptop, some mint 19s and a monday to friday job would be ideal! Thanks Santa. I'm coming in early this year. :(

Have you pissed anyone off lately? Sounds more like revenge on you more than petty theft.

Many years ago a friend of mine pissed off a stalker of hers. He broke into her house. Ransacked her room then started making threats to her.

Make sure you involve the Police just incase.

No?? Not in Hamilton? Apart from my flatmates cousin, who was doing spots on my stove a few weeks ago. I gave him a lecture. But he wouldn't steal his own family's stuff? Plus he was in Taupo.

I don't know, getting the 50 over tomorrow to try and get some prints, too scared to go to sleep, thats why i'm on BS at 12.30 in the morning. Crazy.

Sorry to hear. Id hate to know what it would feel like to have someone come into your home and do something like that. Good luck with the insurance,

That's ratshit as.

I've got alibis :ph34r:

No seriously, that's total ratshit. What about the girls?? Anyone got beef with them? And how did the muppets get in?

That's ratshit as.

I've got alibis :ph34r:

No seriously, that's total ratshit. What about the girls?? Anyone got beef with them? And how did the muppets get in?

Well a lot of people don't really know where we live, since we've only been here since april.

The back door was wide open and morgan's window was open, just creepy, got like no sleep last night, everytime I heard a creak or a car pull up i'd freak out. Fricking scum ruining my beauty sleep.

Morgans? Facing the front deck?? That's pretty keen.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the previous tenants. Quite common really. They know the place, possibly have a spare key from when they stayed there before.

Change the locks. Dead bolt the windows.

On the bright side, you can get a decent laptop now. That one really was a pos

Morgans? Facing the front deck?? That's pretty keen.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the previous tenants. Quite common really. They know the place, possibly have a spare key from when they stayed there before.

Change the locks. Dead bolt the windows.

On the bright side, you can get a decent laptop now. That one really was a pos

Nar, not facing the deck, facing the neighbours house on the side.

The landlord doesn't care really, won't change the locks, pfft, typical.

How can I get a better laptop? Would the insurance give me a new one?? Through mum and dads?? I don't have household insurance, as I figured it wasn't worth it, most stuff of value is usually with me.

Just change the locks, keep the receipt and bill the bitch for them. Its a viable reason to have them changed.

Its possible. Talk to your pa. He will know whether you can claim or not. Imo, I'd cut the losses and just buy a new laptop.

Make sure you change the locks and deadbolt/security system of some sort the windows. One you've been hit, the chances of being hit again are much larger. They know how to get into the house now.

If you do not believe that the locks make the place "reasonably secure" tell the landlord to suck a d*ck and replace the locks. Tenancies Act 1986 s46.

BTW I am a landlord, and I view my tenants security and feeling of safety and well being as security on my own investment. Maybe convince the landlord that by securing the premises they are securing their investment from damage by vandals and thieves. And by making you feel safe, you're more likely to stay on as tenants securing his/her income stream.

That sucks. Big time!!! Had the same thing happen to me a few years back, came home to see the back door wide open, and the back window torn off its hinges, they only tore through my room, strolled past other valuables, laptops and a few other things, left them standing, stole everythin not nailed down from my room, and not only that, when I got in there, they'd left a big ass knife on my bed - :|

Hope you've got insurance!!!

The 50 dropped in today, did some finger print searching. The mungrels used gloves.

The 50 thinks that they've picked up my laptop by the screen and smashed it backwards, and wrenched it apart. What angry fullas!

Edited by lady525

I'm guessing your in Ham East Emily, me and jase are and ( prior to us moving in ) our place has been hit 12 times, ,not looking foward to it ever happening to us , touch wood!!!

good luck with insurance

I'm guessing your in Ham East Emily, me and jase are and ( prior to us moving in ) our place has been hit 12 times, ,not looking foward to it ever happening to us , touch wood!!!

good luck with insurance

Oh my god. Seriously!

Nar I'm in Hillcrest, near the BK roundabout.