Sign in to follow this  
bravo

ACC levy increase in July

Here's the scoop

The reasoning at the end for why I should pay 3 levies as I have 3 cars is a crock.

Total bollocks.

Just get a dealer plate and put all the rego's on hold. :) case solved

It is bollocks. Ah well. I'll be updating rego's another year in advance before june then.

Edit. I mean July sorry

Edited by Pjay

Yeah me too. One due today, and the others in the next two weeks. Still the current levy is still a bitch if you have 3 cars. Load it onto a yearly licensing fee and fuel tax. Add penalties to drivers that receive serious traffic offences as they are more likely to cause accidents.

It's not quite that simple, but that could be the basis for a review.

yeah why do you need so many cars.....not like I have 4 e30's at the moment :P

One for me, one for the missus, and one to tow stuff and play in the mud. Plus company car that I don't have to pay for thank god.

Although while I'm playing with the e-dirty and KT is at uni, I'm dailying the MR2.

Even worse for those who like to collect old cars. Doesn't mean they're wealthy as we're not talking $50-100k cars necessarily. The old man pays rego on a 1942 Willy's Jeep, a '69 beetle, a 77 datsun cherry, an '86 e30 vert, plus his daily and a ute for carting stuff about. Only the Willy's is on vintage car rego. If it wasn't for both him and mum having company cars, there'd be two more on top of that...

It's beside the point anyway. Why levy per vehicle anyway??? If you own more than one you can only drive one at a time...

Just get a dealer plate and put all the rego's on hold. :) case solved

Noticed you have a dealers plate. Hope that car of yours is not just on hold.

If the car has a NZ registration (expired or not) and you also have a dealers plate on. You are currently driving a car that has two separate registrations. This is fraud. If you get pulled over by a cop who knows what he is doing you will have the plate confiscated and be fined for driving a car with no current reg and wof. And if he thinks you are abusing the dealers plate it will be permanently taken and you will have a sh*t show of getting another one.

How do I know this. It all happened to me.

Oh and you also have no insurance in this situation. As the fraudulent activity instantly cancels it.

Edited by driftit

Whenever someone mentions the term "ACC" I fight the urge to smash sh*t with my sledgie.

The sooner they're opened to competition the better.

Edited by westy

Noticed you have a dealers plate. Hope that car of yours is not just on hold.

If the car has a NZ registration (expired or not) and you also have a dealers plate on. You are currently driving a car that has two separate registrations. This is fraud. If you get pulled over by a cop who knows what he is doing you will have the plate confiscated and be fined for driving a car with no current reg and wof. And if he thinks you are abusing the dealers plate it will be permanently taken and you will have a sh*t show of getting another one.

How do I know this. It all happened to me.

Oh and you also have no insurance in this situation. As the fraudulent activity instantly cancels it.

umm my car has got a current Wof and rego but my dad reckons putting the dealer plate on, covers me under his insurance. I will be getting insurance for the 325i soon tho

hope the same thing dosent happen to me :huh: