Sign in to follow this  
s3kiwi

Mags to fit e30

look i have 18" mags but they are getting run down uneven, so i was thinking that maybe i should pick up a cheep set just to drive around in. anyone got any to sell.

i have 2 questions for you.

1. why do you have 18" mags on your E30, man that must be bumpy

2. what is the point in having the mags if your goin to put a cheap set on to drive around in? like will the 18's sit in the garage looking good or something?

camber pwns your tires, correct it or rotate you tires (not wheels)

i have 2 questions for you.

1. why do you have 18" mags on your E30, man that must be bumpy

2. what is the point in having the mags if your goin to put a cheap set on to drive around in? like will the 18's sit in the garage looking good or something?

camber pwns your tires, correct it or rotate you tires (not wheels)

I got the wheels for free, you can't beat that!

haha wootons sells spinning hubs. chrome hub cap spinners. bahahaha

free is good, not looking forward to the next tyre bill

I thought you couldnt get more than 2 inches bigger than your standard wheels for ya WOF ?

I spose you can compensate with adding low profile tyres, cos its measured the circumference not the mag size.

Guest Andrew

I thought you couldnt get more than 2 inches bigger than your standard wheels for ya WOF ?

I spose you can compensate with adding low profile tyres, cos its measured the circumference not the mag size.

except 18s don't fit on e30s properly. .. and they would be 4" bigger than stock if that rule exsisted.

except 18s don't fit on e30s properly. .. and they would be 4" bigger than stock if that rule exsisted.
or 3" if you have a M3 or 318is

if you need any overall diameters worked out just drop me a line

its surprising what you can squeeze on

handy reference point

195/60R14 is only 5mm smaller than a 205/40R17

Personally I think 16's are the magic size

I have 15's and they look good and i've seen 17's that look okay aswell but really low profile tyres just don't suit E30's, it's like the concept of why you don't stick low profiles on an E-type jag.

The worst thing i've seen lately would have to be 17" chrome rims on an old holden torana that looked like $200 would be a generous sale price, why do people buy mags worth 3 to 4 times more than their car is worth???

My 10c - lowest denomination

Probably cause of shops like mag and turbo offering those $1 down offers and free springs too ....

You'd be suprised at how many shops offer special finance just for people like that to tick them up .... and some times get them reposesed ... hah ..

Guest Andrew

I have 15's and they look good and i've seen 17's that look okay aswell but really low profile tyres just don't suit E30's, it's like the concept of why you don't stick low profiles on an E-type jag.

The worst thing i've seen lately would have to be 17" chrome rims on an old holden torana that looked like $200 would be a generous sale price, why do people buy mags worth 3 to 4 times more than their car is worth???

I too would get 16s - they are perfect on e30. Shame its hard as to find some 16" alpina wheels.

I too would get 16s - they are perfect on e30. Shame its hard as to find some 16" alpina wheels.
why can i hear "import" screaming in my head... B)

Go on Andy i think its time to :D

Best for some mags is try and get some multifits. 16" 4 x 100 mags with proper offset very rare, still some fwd offset wheels will fit ok without spacers. Its the brake calipers that cause the most problems. Also apparently spacers are legal if they are bolted to the hub. Something as small as the allen bolt that hold your rotor on could be used.

How much were you looking to spend? You looking for stock mags, or other? Would you do trades with cash etc>? 16's way to go!! :thumb: :thumb:

Edited by bemmaboi