Me

Andrew

tHrEEtWoFiVe

///dave

CiLK WuRM

bumpstop325

nag list:

gus

bumpstop325: I won't be doing the eccentric trailing arm bushes because of some information I read about them being able to slip and change the geometry and they are meant to be pricks to adjust when doing a wheel alignment.

I will be modifying the rear subframe while it is out and adding proper toe & camber adjusters as per these instructions

gus: where are you?? electronic tranfer the $$$, just need the deposit when I know how much we can get them for.

Guest MSBOND

Wot is the difrence betwen the ones from uk and the ones from nz? And what r the prices... dude its xmas = saving but you say that we'd pay for them next year in january? f**k im off work for a mnth but luckily its paid, maybe i can ask my parents to buy me them as a gift.

im dwn for it but you need to fill me in on more details. ie. payments... i dont like the idea of a club account, sounds dodgy

MSBOND:

In NZ you can not get them. Other than the OE rubber ones.

A place called autoline can make them but it will cost as they machine them out of solid nolathane one at a time, and you need to provide the original for them to copy (ie, your car will be off the road while they do it).

At this stage a $150 deposit is all that is requied (once I can confirm the price).

I suggested a club bank accn. (only accesable by andrew say) because I thought that was less dodgy than saying put $150 in my bank accn. muuwwwaahhahahaha.

Balance required on delivery.

yay or nay.

Guest Spargo

Yea, i dont mind paying to either, I mean, how many either orange 320's, or Supra powered E30's are there running round? I don't think finding either of you if you bugger off would be too hard!

Guest MSBOND

Ok, next question, id buy them for my e30 318, but as i say im buying a 325 after xmas so can i swap from the 318 to the 325 or do you have to get them to match the particular model? if i cant then i may have to buy both one set for the 318 and one for the 325, seen as il be keeping both the cars.

Guest Andrew

I'll post the PayPal details when everyone is done. You will need to pay by plastic credit.

i am a clever guy cilk wurm...i even manage to read posts on the odd occasion!.....E30-323ti...sorry dunno ya real name....am in spain at the mo...will be landing back in auckland though on the 12th...so could easily transfer some cash..paypal seems to be the best option...and i know andrews address if he runs off.... :mellow: ......but yeah how much of an handling improvement in handling would you expect...i take it you still wont be pulling 1g?? feel a bit silly getting them when dont even have a car....but hey.....im cool......

MSBOND: The bushes are the same for all E30 models, you might want 2 sets anyway by the sound of it.

Gus: Primo on spain, pitty you not in the UK as you could pick the group buy up.

Prolly end up costing the same as you would have to pay the VAT & prolly overweight baggage too. I'd expect the car to feel like new again, nice firm bushes not slopping around, just nice and tight. Cornering loads will also depend on your tyres, shocks & springs etc..., not just the bushes.

Andrew, can you drop me a PM about this paypal thingy, how it works etc... and when you are coming to get your stuff, the 240z arrives in 2wks & I need space.

Confirmed:

Me

Andrew

tHrEEtWoFiVe

///dave

CiLK WuRM

bumpstop325

MSBOND

Gus

nag list:

MSBOND (2nd set)

well....am flying back to the UK for a week before my flight home...whereabouts is it? i have no idea of dimensions...and dont exactly have that many arms....so how big would 8 sets of bushes be? could look into it...dunno about VAT....and Andrew, are we going down to Wellington? i take it sam has got the 325...but could b keen anyway? havnt got an email from the guy say yay or nay yet...waiting in hope....

What dates are you in the UK??

I've have sent an email and I'm waiting for a reply, I'll ask what the deal is with the VAT tax, how big the box is, weight etc... when I get a reply.

"...and dont exactly have that many arms...."

That is why there are trolleys at the airport!! :D

Edited by E30-323ti

am in the uk from the 1st to the 10th of december...just over a week...do you know where this place is? i will be in london...1 box sounds a whole lot better than 8 separate ones...would def go into exces baggage pretty much no matter how heavy it is......trolleys at the airport...aint no trolleys on the tube =).....will be interesting seeing as i am flying out at 6 in the evening....andrew is picking me up from airport i think...he can carry them from there..lazy bugger

Cool, I have no Idea where it is!! I'd just get them couriered to your hotel.

I'll let you know what they say.

I imagine a box the size of a PC.

"...would def go into exces baggage pretty much no matter how heavy it is......trolleys at the airport...aint no trolleys on the tube =)....."

They aren't fragile so you could tape the box to your suitcase if you're keen.

I'll PM you the nitty gritty stuff when costs are sorted and everyone pays their deposits etc...

enjoy your holiday.

Guest Spargo

Gus, i'm tralking about Gustave Stroes, i'm sure your as clever tho, but he has a docorate in aeronautical engineering! And i didn't get the car, i've not heard from the guy for ages, he's been abducted by aliens. Punk.

sounds good...pm when you can...a pc size box is doable im pretty sure...just hope the old customs wont inspect me too closely....this does mean ill have to cancel my drug run you know...am having great difficulty leaving barcelona...thats why i am here most days...ill let you know my address in london when you need it...cilk wurm: you havnt heard from him? maybe im in with a chance! race ya to it

Guest Spargo

Sweet! as long as one of us gets it. I'm still really hanging out for a red 2-dr.

Guest MSBOND

Well now i know there swapable il just be getting one set of urethane bushes and then il get the nothane ones (dont know how to spell) for my 318 cos itl just be my work and run around car so wont need anything special.

And wot do you mean have to pay buy credit... i dont have a credit card.

credit card..borrow ya folks.....haha are you 18 yet?

cilk_wurn....if your hanging out for a red one...give me the black one! i want black....car that is

Guest Spargo

Gus, I've got a line on a 325i Alpina, blk 2dr, PM me if your interested.

Guest MSBOND

My parents dont have one for a simple reason they dont need one. Yeh im 18 but a credit card is way to dodgy round xmas time, maybe i can give someone cash and they can use there credit card for me... if anyone out there who is getting urethane bushes aswell would help me.

Guest Andrew

My parents dont have one for a simple reason they dont need one. Yeh im 18 but a credit card is way to dodgy round xmas time, maybe i can give someone cash and they can use there credit card for me... if anyone out there who is getting urethane bushes aswell would help me.

I'll do it.

i would offer...but andrew already has....so its ok...but if ya need it i can probably manage....

Guest Andrew

what do i have to do to pay for my bushes?

Read earlier back in the thread.. around $450 i think.

Sign in to follow this