Sign in to follow this  
Abby

Suppose I should share

Well, we officially got half way through, Auto came out ok, however getting it back in seemed to be a little trickier, since we didnt have a clutch allignment tool and a few other things.

Its now with Ernst from Bavarian motors because he has all the right tools so is guna finish it off for us...I will be down there tomorrow helping them work on it, and it'll hopefully be all good, manual, and ready to drive when it comes out! :lol::D

I will keep ya posted...here are some interesting pics at our efforts to get the Manual transmission out of the parts car at the first place... this is wicked fun to watch.

post-9-1101181791.jpg

haha didnt realise you took it down....i wouldve got the pedal box in with the brakes connected sooner or later...getting everything out was pretty easy....everything but the pedal box would have been easyish to get in too i imagine!

Guest Andrew

haha didnt realise you took it down....i wouldve got the pedal box in with the brakes connected sooner or later...getting everything out was pretty easy....everything but the pedal box would have been easyish to get in too i imagine!

What happened on it today? How'd you get it down there?

Is Ernst doing driveshaft also abby? (Get him to chuck some new fluid in the gearbox)

towed the sh*t out of it with the fairmont!
heheh we sure did :P that was an interesting drive...

So anyway, after cleaning all the sh*t off my new transmission and helping out here and there, I now have a complete manual transmission, radiator and the works, We also did a bunch of other stuff at the same time, but it seems to have come out really well, Now all it needs is a good clean and i'll be happy as larry :lol::lol:

Now all I need to do is get a new interior....and maybe a sub to help my new components out with bass... B)

Guest Andrew

towed the sh*t out of it with the fairmont!
as in ripping it to pieces?

Do you still need the No.3 HT lead for it?? I could only find one in all my junk. It's 650mm long. Is that the right one?.I'll have it at work tomorrow if you want it & a steering wheel for Dave too.

Everything has been replaced now so we shouldnt need anything extra. Now officially a manual. Taking me a while to get use to driving a manual, but really enjoying it :P

oh yeah, if anyone needs an auto box for any reason, then let me know :D

nice work, now you can get donw to driving how it should be :D

Well, I thought it would be pretty standard...but it ended up costing me $1400 more than I thought. So I really couldnt afford it either :blink:

Looks like i'll be paying this one off over a few months now :angry: I hate debt :thumbsdown:

But being able to drive my car makes it all better..almost... :)

Well, I thought it would be pretty standard...but it ended up costing me $1400 more than I thought. So I really couldnt afford it either :blink:

Looks like i'll be paying this one off over a few months now :angry: I hate debt :thumbsdown:

But being able to drive my car makes it all better..almost... :)

Yip, my total all up conversion cost would've been $1500 had I not put the auto box through the side wall adding another $500 for panel work so I know the pain.

I too have an auto box spare should anyone be in the market :lol::lol:<_<

Anyone got a spare 3.45 or 3.64 diff?

Actually, the whole conversion would have cost me well over 2k....the 1400 was over and above what i intended to spend, which was about 900...heh, oh well. Thats life huh!

If im guna spend my money on something...at least I know its worth while!

Guest Andrew

just for the record..

all people that put ///m badges on cars that are not motorsport should be shot by german spies.

:rambo:

from the amount of the picture that loaded - your car could not be a motorsport for all we know hah

just for the record..

all people that put ///m badges on cars that are not motorsport should be shot by german spies.

Where did this come from?

This thread isn't about ///M badges on a car, it is about Abby, her car, and her manual conversion.

Cheers.

just for the record..

yea dude that belongs in 'rides' section

like wats with talking bout m badges and sh*t wen wer talking bout a manual conversion haha

but from what i see of ur car it looks prettty sweet

liking the mags

nothing like drama doing a manual swap.

i have had my fair share. today i was going to take some pics of the car that tanes gb came out of. but it has since disappeared.

abby, you would have been better off taking to someone who know what they are doing.........eg. me not gus. you would have still saved a sh*t load of money. even if you do have to drive down to pamly.

let this be a lesson to anyone. manual swap, think TIM

also carl, tane dont forget some of the cost of the conversion was preventitive maintance=save money later on. like i have decsided to buy new engine mounts instead of 2nd ones. as i will be drag racing again& i dont want to same thing to happen.

your so wise tim...and good looking...if only you didnt live in hickville :P

heh, just kidding...whats done is done now tho huh :unsure:

your so wise tim...and good looking...if only you didnt live in hickville :P

heh, just kidding...whats done is done now tho huh :unsure:

Hahaha, talk about giving Tim head, that'll make him explode :lol:

Tim, best getting new bits for everything so as to make it feel like new aye!

Word of advice, go to BNT (Brake and Transmission) and buy a new slave cyclinder, and get a master repair kit...will make your clutch feel like new and for peanuts.

Get the clutch replacement kit through bmw (clutch plate, pressure plate, release bearing) as it's cheaper than doing it separately.

If it's small and important, get it replaced!

And make sure you use the right oil aye! :lol:

it does help.

my problem at the moment is my whole engine is sitting 1 inch to far to the left.

like i said to gus, abby your car is like a babe jungle

Guest Andrew

your so wise tim...and good looking...if only you didnt live in hickville  :P

heh, just kidding...whats done is done now tho huh  :unsure:

Hahaha, talk about giving Tim head, that'll make him explode :lol:

Tim, best getting new bits for everything so as to make it feel like new aye!

Word of advice, go to BNT (Brake and Transmission) and buy a new slave cyclinder, and get a master repair kit...will make your clutch feel like new and for peanuts.

Get the clutch replacement kit through bmw (clutch plate, pressure plate, release bearing) as it's cheaper than doing it separately.

If it's small and important, get it replaced!

And make sure you use the right oil aye! :lol:

what are the prices from BNT?

From memory they are around $20 each. Its just a few rubber seals mainly. Also clutch kit (pressure plate, clutch disc and bearing) for my car (M10) is around $350 from BNT

well, my car just failed it WOF on its springs and I have no money left for new ones :P

So im basically screwed!

What ya guna do tho right :P warrents are overrated