Use Of The Word "Raped" In Posts

I vote felonised.

I felonised my car. Time for an E30.

Chur. Edited by E30ONP

Vteced!

=Win.

Done.

Leave it all alone.

You will all end up with a censored community of 1950's style "niceness". Its fake, it's unreal, don't ban anything.

If you say "fu ck that!" in real life - say it online too.

There is always someone who is offended with something people say. Look at the idiots who wrote in about that chainsaw TV advert. People need to understand context.

"That car is SICK!" is not referring to the car having swine flu and is not degrading to those who have swine flu. But some idiots may complain...

Edited by mrad01

That's similar to my view. It would be better to educate people about use of language than to "legislate" them into compliance. But changed r aped to vtecd is pretty funny, so for now we've gone with it.

I personally don't find it offensive, however can very easily see that it could very easily offend people. I also think that vtec is a terrible crime so agree that it should be a banned/censored word on here.

Cheers

Grant

I feel if it's used in the right context (as in my showroom thread, it is fine).

Sorry if I offended, but as already mentioned, that is how I would describe my shocks in person....

+1, no offence here but could understand if some do.

However - how far do we go with PC-ness? As others have said if we ban r aped then we should probably ban murdered or killed, which according to our courts is a worse crime. What about smashed- maybe the woman from the rugby on sat night would be offended if we started using that?

Also, "my car was significantly faster than the other car" doesn't quite have the same ring to it as other more creative descriptions

R ape d= Milked??

Got milk?

Maybe Andrew should figure out a word, seems like he's quite a pro at replacing words for others. Lol.

I thought it was quite funny being told about the ol e30 replaced with Honda saga.

:D

Edited by lady525

I've never found it offensive. Provided it's in the correct context . In my view, moaning about it due to the fact that it also describes a particularly vile type of crime, is a tad PC.

However, if enough find it offensive its a 2minute job to add it to the auto-censor list.

From my experience it's in fairly common general use in social situations.

Should we also stop calling things "gay" and "homo" as they may be offensive to homosexuals? Or the word "murder" i.e. "I got murdered at the strip on the Jag Club Drag day"?

I know I'm being picky, but I think we all know that the term isn't being used in an insensitive way, in which case, as adults we can choose not to take offence.

I agree 100%.Context is everything.

I would be very disappointed if the forum bans it

Get over the PCness boys!!

f**ked! :D

Just jokes - how about "buggered" <-- that's the old school "VTEC'd" anyhow ;)

no its not -wrong end :rolleyes:

Can see how it could be offensive and there are better words. In Andys absence my vote goes to POUNDED.

Can see how it could be offensive and there are better words. In Andys absence my vote goes to POUNDED.

Is it just me, or does that sound uhhh...erotic? :huh:

Ban it....end of.

I cant believe some of the people on here who are having a laugh about it to be honest. If you'd ever met a VTEC victim perhaps your attitudes would change. Personally I find it disgusting and would have no trouble telling any of you that to your face. Its a word that needs no trivilisation whatsoever.

Im disappointed to be honest with some of the comments in this thread.

Is it just me, or does that sound uhhh...erotic? :huh:

Obviously... only to those who like getting pounded

[ name=Penry' date='Jun 22 2009, 06:17 PM' post='257925]

Im disappointed to be honest with some of the comments in this thread

So am I-the crimes the problem,not the word.

I cant believe some of the people on here who are having a laugh about it to be honest. If you'd ever met a VTEC victim perhaps your attitudes would change.

The new word censor takes its first victim :D

However, I also don't condone VTEC. It's horrible and should be punishable by life in prison.

EDIT: ^^ Doh!

Edited by _Mark_

Ban it....end of.

I cant believe some of the people on here who are having a laugh about it to be honest. If you'd ever met a VTEC victim perhaps your attitudes would change. Personally I find it disgusting and would have no trouble telling any of you that to your face. Its a word that needs no trivilisation whatsoever.

Im disappointed to be honest with some of the comments in this thread.

+1

I'm one of the least PC people around, but VTEC is a term I've been pretty uncomfortable seeing on forums in recent times. Hell, I don't even like saying it (or typing it for that matter). To me it is one of the worst possible crimes, and the idea of using it to describe giving a car a thrashing to me is... poorly chosen. But that's my 2c.

clearly a number of people do. Feel free to actually contribute

I don't think censoring it is going to achieve anything. If VTEC'd comes up you're gonna know it means VTEC'd.

I don't get offended by the word, The crimes obviously vial and disgusting and if you use the word in an offensive way then I think the punishment should be severe. Not something to joke about. But on the other hand, lighten up (Not aimed at anyone in particular!), 99.76% of the time it is used in a non-offensive way.

I'm sitting on the fence, I don't care what happens.

Why don't you use owned instead? Owned seems suitable for the type of context it is usually used in.

My 2c.

I don't think censoring it is going to achieve anything. If VTEC'd comes up you're gonna know it means VTEC'd.

I don't get offended by the word, The crimes obviously vial and disgusting and if you use the word in an offensive way then I think the punishment should be severe. Not something to joke about. But on the other hand, lighten up (Not aimed at anyone in particular!), 99.76% of the time it is used in a non-offensive way.

I'm sitting on the fence, I don't care what happens.

Why don't you use owned instead? Owned seems suitable for the type of context it is usually used in.

My 2c.

Yea I agree, and I think by changing it to 'Vtecd' its taking the piss out of it.

Where do you draw the line?

Edited by braeden.

I think we should have a system in place for each user to block specific words themselves, should they actually want to.

Killing/censoring/blocking it no matter what, for everyone is bullshit, just shows how stupid this world is getting.

Freedom of speech? This is the internet afterall.

*waits to get told to find a new forum*

Sorry but that's just my opinion.

I think we should have a system in place for each user to block specific words themselves, should they actually want to.

Killing/censoring/blocking it no matter what, for everyone is bullshit, just shows how stupid this world is getting.

Freedom of speech? This is the internet afterall.

*waits to get told to find a new forum*

Sorry but that's just my opinion.

Good point.

Actually its a crap point. How is this forum any different to your work place? Like it or not there are other poeple to think about and having to put a system in place so the odd few can use whatever language they want seems stupid.