Sign in to follow this  
mark247

News just in!

- M50's cannot do 10,000rpm. I tested this.

-Money shifting into 2nd at 120km/h doesn't make for a fun evening.

Not the most glorious moment of my life <_<

Thought I would post up some pics, I will take some better ones tomorrow. All the inlet valves are fine, ALL the exhaust valves are now shaped like bananas.

Hopefully the pistons have holes in them too, that would be cool!

post-1711-1247288356_thumb.jpg

post-1711-1247288398_thumb.jpg

post-1711-1247288435_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark247

Oh bugger sorry to here that mate

Oh bugger sorry to here that mate

Heh new engine didnt cost much, and its done less k's then my old one by 50,000km. So it's not too bad!

I'm still trying to figure out how I hooked second, when i wanted 4th..

OUCH.

Send it to Spoon and get a 10k RPM kit and Vtec installed, then you can GET SOME KILL STORIES!

Seriously, bad luck man..

OUCH.

Send it to Spoon and get a 10k RPM kit and Vtec installed, then you can GET SOME KILL STORIES!

Seriously, bad luck man..

You cant have vanos without NOS.

Ouch money shift! At least you've got all the gear to do an engine swap.

I always "old man" shift from 1st into 4th. Doesn't make for quick 0-100 times! :D

Must've sounded UGLY!!

Must've sounded UGLY!!

Believe it or not it sounded like nothing. I hit 2nd, let the clutch out foolishly, tacho went past 7oclock ( i didnt even know they could go that far ) which i think is about 10,000rpm, it sounded like you'd imagian a 10,000rpm engine to sound like. It was revving its royal nuts off and didnt sound rattly or anything. It stayed at about that for 2 seconds. Then I slammed it in 5th, tried to see if i still had power and i did, for about 2 more seconds, then it was dead.

Rather non-eventful.

When ya do this type of thing ya kinda hope for rods poking out the side of the block or something cool like that..

bugger!

I money shifted in my old E30 (320i) numerous times and it took it like a whore. Made some good popping sounds when i did it but she kept on going.

^^^ Money shifting is when you go to shift from 3rd to 4th at high rpms but accidentally hook 2nd.

Ensuing carnage costs a lot of money to fix hence the term.

^^^ Money shifting is when you go to shift from 3rd to 4th at high rpms but accidentally hook 2nd.

or in my case from 5th to 2nd =P

This be why I have an automatic :wub:

This be why I have an automatic :wub:

I'd rather drive around blowing up m50's instead of driving an auto :P

Bugger,

Did the back wheels not lock up?

When ya do this type of thing ya kinda hope for rods poking out the side of the block or something cool like that..

Yeah-grinding metal,smoke & stuff to make it worthwhile

As long as its someone elses :rolleyes:

A hole in the block would of made it worthwhile. Hoping for some gucci damage to the pistons when we get the head off.

A hole in the block would of made it worthwhile. Hoping for some gucci damage to the pistons when we get the head off.

Burnouts tonight on your mums driveway if we get it running bowl.

That’s impressive man! 10 points. Don’t know how you did it and have never seen anything like it before :blink:

Have hit second to soon in the E30 on the track and like Ollie’s E30, mine loved it, it actually locked the rear wheels as I turned in and set the car into a nice drift..

This extensive research proves you should go high tech and M20 the bastard :lol:

That’s impressive man! 10 points. Don’t know how you did it and have never seen anything like it before :blink:

Have hit second to soon in the E30 on the track and like Ollie’s E30, mine loved it, it actually locked the rear wheels as I turned in and set the car into a nice drift..

This extensive research proves you should go high tech and M20 the bastard :lol:

Read of it alot on the bimmerforums in the states aye... the one thing I dread ever doing to my m50 haha :( Although Mark you say your M50 was rather cheap are they comming down in price slowly? They are getting old now wouldnt suprise me. I picked my last one up for well under 1g.

Read of it alot on the bimmerforums in the states aye... the one thing I dread ever doing to my m50 haha :( Although Mark you say your M50 was rather cheap are they comming down in price slowly? They are getting old now wouldnt suprise me. I picked my last one up for well under 1g.

Went to one wrecker and he wanted $1500, I thought that was way too much so i went to another and got one for $750 including everything, starter, alternator, inlet manifold, exhaust manifold, EVERYTHING. It also a full service history and only done 140,000km.

In saying that, 320guy got his from the same wrecker, with 180,000km on it for $300 =D. The wrecker knows us.

I got a full manual conversion kit for my old e30 from him for $300 as well.

Sounds like a wrecker that’s selling parts for what they are actually worth, so many opportunists out there ripping people off.

Went to one wrecker and he wanted $1500, I thought that was way too much so i went to another and got one for $750 including everything, starter, alternator, inlet manifold, exhaust manifold, EVERYTHING. It also a full service history and only done 140,000km.

In saying that, 320guy got his from the same wrecker, with 180,000km on it for $300 =D. The wrecker knows us.

I got a full manual conversion kit for my old e30 from him for $300 as well.

Whoa! I must look into buying a spare motor! Cheaper than what I was looking at spending on a 2nd hand head just over a year ago lol.. Mine made a funny knocking noise yesterday morning turned her off and it was gone.. drove it 13kms with no worries. Never know when ya may need another for example in your case.. Sux aye!

Got it running last night. Entire swap was pretty hassle free, 320guy pulled the head off the old engine and all the exhaust valves are 100% pootanged.

New engine has a bit of vanos rattle, but i think it's the same as my old one but just louded because we have been hooning around with no bonnit on hehe.