Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

WTB: 5 lug conversion for the e30

What can i use? And where can i get it. Not too keen on 318ti kit, but not sure whats good and whats not. Any tips are good.

Im also after a set of coilovers either H&R or Einbach to suit the conversion.

Cheers

I'm a little confused? Or have I missed something. I thought you were selling??

Recent events have caused me to change my mind over certain things, i posted that up in my FS thread

What can i use? And where can i get it. Not too keen on 318ti kit, but not sure whats good and whats not. Any tips are good.

Im also after a set of coilovers either H&R or Einbach to suit the conversion.

Cheers

E36 Ti for the rear is easier and E36 front with a few mods... research it...a few have done it in here and can offer the right advice, or E30 M3 which will cost a fortune if you cant locate second hand.

Guest Ari Gold

just buy a wrecked Z3 M roadster or coupe. You get the motor and all the bits required for the 5 lug swap with reinforced rear trailing arms and the monster 315mm brakes :D

I used the E36 Ti rear end and E36 front hubs with E36 coilovers and just redrilled the top hats. Used Castor correction bushes plus some modifications in the press at a local alignment shop on the front control arms, now the wheels are centered nice.. will be doing a write up sometime this week.

plus some modifications in the press at a local alignment shop on the front control arms

I wonder if this is what I think it is? :wacko:

I wonder if this is what I think it is? :wacko:

Yes Cam it is. I looked into it and investigated as much as possible and found out that ALOT of places bend suspension arms to gain better or correct castor and that there is nothing wrong with it. Heating up control arms is a big no no though. As long as you are not bending them to the point of crackin then they should be fine.

Will be waiting patiently for your write up Luke. Heapsa pics!

Will be waiting patiently for your write up Luke. Heapsa pics!

Will do Ashkan! Would take more again but cars not available atm. Be good if I had a proper print out of my wheel alignment I think I need to fix a steering rack issue though before it gets a proper wheel alignment not sure if they did a hard out one.

Andre I was going to price up E30 M3 arms just for curiosity but the BMW guy here in NP never got back to me I'd be interested to know what brand new ones are worth hah :P

well ive sourced some m3 fronts and ti rears + einbach springs and koni shocks, both adjustable so the new setup should be primo as g

To get the front wheels to sit with the right castor you need the M3 EVO front arms, the straight M3 ones won't help.

Edited by Silver Fox

To get the front wheels to sit with the right castor you need the M3 EVO front arms, the straight M3 ones won't help.

Oh yeah, sorry thats what i meant.

They people i ordered off, have now informed me that they wont be able to complete my order for at least a month due to demand. So now i think im just going to have piece together a kit from different sources.

Does anyone know where i can get:

- 318ti trailing arms

- e36 m3 front struts (complete with spindle, hubs, brakes)

- e36 m3 evo control arms

Anyone know how much these parts would be from the dealer?

Doubt he'll have the evo arms and m3 struts. We'd know if he did, cos there'd be an s50 floating around too.

I've got Evo Struts if your keen.... but not the hubs.

With my project offset bushes have nearly put the fronts in the right place, with some offset camber plates its going to push them right into place, i'm still running standard e30 control arms

They people i ordered off, have now informed me that they wont be able to complete my order for at least a month due to demand. So now i think im just going to have piece together a kit from different sources.

Does anyone know where i can get:

- 318ti trailing arms

- e36 m3 front struts (complete with spindle, hubs, brakes)

- e36 m3 evo control arms

Anyone know how much these parts would be from the dealer?

try warren at BM warehouse in hamilton for the new parts like M3 struts and arms etc

How much for the front struts James?

What are you using now? Or do u have a spare pair?